Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Hobby City battery packs

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
patnchris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby City battery packs

I am curious....To all the Hobby City lipo users, out there. Of the three labels, (Zippy, Turnigy, Rhino) which seems to be the best as far as the discharge rates being what they say they are supposed to be, and which ones have the better longevity.....I am currently using some Zippy's and some Turnigy's...All in the 20-25C range. Some seem to be getting a little tired, though I lost track of how many cycles I have on them. Probably 50 or more.

I really don't want to hear from Thunderpower, Alighn, Hyperion, etc. people that have nothing to add but that their packs are better because they paid more for them....I have had more than my share of poor quality packs from ThunderPower, Polyquest, Hyperion, and Common Sense.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:52 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Hobby City battery packs

I have been using the Zippy and Light max in the 25 C plus range for around 2 years. . I will continue to use them as I feel they provide decent service for the buck.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:40 AM
ss40

Actually I looked closely the other day and they are Flightmax with a stylized F. :>) I use those and Zippy and other HK brands and so far they all seem similar. "Seem" is a scientific term!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

If I want max power I go with Turnigy, otherwise rhino and Zippy are fine.
Walt