Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

How to remove flybar from blade450

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

How to remove flybar from blade450

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 05:06 PM
denodan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove flybar from blade450

Had my first crash, after about 15 flights, learning to hover. My copter hit the fence. The wooden blades did not shatter, but the coating did come off near the end, bent the flybar, everthing else seems fine,but how do you get the flybar out? Got it most of the way out, but the rest will not come out.

Undone the allen screws on the flybar each side, and one blade paddle, so hoping to pull it through? what am I doing wrong? does the center screw also need to come out? Can get it get flybar almost to the thread, but seems hard to get the rest out?

Do I use pliars, or something to pull it through?
Old 04-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: How to remove flybar from blade450

Yes, it's just bent and thus hanging up. Give it a good yank.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:47 PM
denodan

Got it out, was a bit of a rough piece on the shaft, sandpapered it out and managed to pull it out, the tick will be to get it back in again, without also pushing out the little bearings while pushing the new shaft in. I noticed on one side a tiny looks like copper washer, or spacer, but none on the other side, or have not come accross it on the other side.

My first crash and hopefully a replacement of the blades, and flybar and will be back up flying, but not going for the wooden blades, the coating they put on them peals off, or mine was, so going to replace with carbon fiber blades.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:15 PM
denodan

Seems I lost one of the small copper stepped washers that go in front of the bearings in the seesaw assembly, must have lost it when I pulled out the flybar shaft, so do you know what part I need to order, or seesaw bearing set, which I pesume would have the 2 copper washers.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:41 AM
denodan

found the spacer, but when I spooled it up, with no blades, or flaybar, looks like the main shaft is bent also.