Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade MCPX Motor Shut Off

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade MCPX Motor Shut Off

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 12:33 PM
ArtW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade MCPX Motor Shut Off

I have about 50 flights on my Blade MCPX Version 2 helicopter. I have been very careful to use the timer in the transmitter and only fly for 4 minutes on a battery. Recently, I will put a new battery in the heli and take off. After 10 to 15 seconds of flight, the motor will shut off. The blue light is out and the heli is dead. After a bit of time the computer will reboot. The blue light will come back on and the motor will run for another 10-15 seconds of flight. If I run the heli in my hand, it can run for a minute or so prior to shut off.

My first thought was that it was overheating as this happened on a very hot day and I had flow 6 batteries in a row without stopping. The next time I flew, the temperature was reasonable, but it started after 4 batteries. This morning it is warm, but it happened 15 seconds into the first flight. I tried different batteries and they all do the same thing.

Is there a temperature switch in this heli motor?
Is something wrong with the controller board in the heli?
Are all my batteries too low a voltage?
The motor seems to work once it reboots. Is something loose on the controller board as the heli runs much longer in my hand than when it is in the air.

I need some advice on how to proceed with debugging this problem with the motor shutting off.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Rustproofcorn

Default RE: Blade MCPX Motor Shut Off

have you tried to re bind?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:06 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

how are the red and black wires going into the board? my red broke off had to resolder,  whens the last time you range checked it?  just tossing possibilities out there but no blue is either a power problem or tx/rx problem well any(lue led out) that i have had happen were.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:14 PM
ArtW

I have not tried to rebind. I will try that. It seems like it is doing something officially sanctioned like shutting off when there is an overload but there isn't any overload.