Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

next heli after fixed pitch?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

next heli after fixed pitch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 02:58 AM
fishmissile2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default next heli after fixed pitch?

Hey just a question i have been flying cx2 and 120sr i am ready to fly something collective but dont know which is good for the money. Seen one post of a guy who had the sr and a couple responses that it wasnt that great. I had a dragonfly collective heli it had a servo that went out about 6 yrs ago any input would help thanks
Old 07-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: next heli after fixed pitch?

The SR is a great looking, but unfortunately poor flying heli. The best for the money I believe is the classic ThunderTiger Raptor 30 nitro, the ARF one with mounted stone dependable engine and muffler .It's more stable and easily seen than ANY 450. A major deal is it provides 15 minute flights which are invaluable when you're learning, that is a big deal. Parts are widely available and widely VERY inexpensive. A whole lot of guys don't do this, but a whole lot of guys not far down the road from where you are wish they would've . Doug
PS-For a real Bible, and some solid advice whether you go electric or nitro next check out www.rchelicopterfun.com. It's great stuff.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:28 AM
gi1mo2

If you don't like Nitro, then stick with the 450 class helicopter. Nitro are not allowed where I fly because of noise. Even our club had to convert from Nitro to Electric. After the 7 minutes the battery gives me, I'm ready to land and take a break. No fuss, no mess. Just clean fun
Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 AM
dtripp

Blade nano cpx! This will train you for collective pitch and not break the bank when you crash. Also invest in a good simulator for you PC.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 AM
racingfan48

i agree with the 450 suggestion.  i made the jump from the 120 sr to the 450 and it was very.  little scary at first with the speed it can fly but only took one practice flight before i was up doing figure 8's.  the sr isnt good in my opinion anyway.  the motors on the tail give out alot.  theres too much stress and demand and causes the helicopter to blow out pretty much.  not to mention it becomes twitchy.  watching a guy fly one around one time the tail was constantly having a fit.  450 is definately worth it.  either that or even the new 130.  aside from vibration from time to time on spool up, that you can actually just power through then its fine is an amazing helicopter.  its extremely stable for that size helicopter. once its trimmed in i can let go of the sticks and it will barely track to the right.  it flies alot like a 450 plus the 3d flight of it is an added bonus as well.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 AM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The Blade 300x would be good to consider. I just got one and it fly alot like a 400 - 450 size heli. It's the most stable smaller heli I have ever flew.
The tail is belt driven and is very stable with a lot of authority. It comes with the ar72000bx rec which has the Beastx flybarless system built in to it.
This makes it very tuneable to your flying style. The ar7200bx rec is a full range rec that can be used in large helis.