Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

120 sr?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:10 PM
bayfire300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 120 sr?

Hi all,
I been reading how good the 120 sr's are So I got one ..Really cool and fun to fly but in a hover tail in it leans right. Is that normal for this heli?...It does not lean alot maybe a few degrees.
Thanks
Otto
Old 12-16-2012, 04:22 PM
bayfire300

Default RE: 120 sr?

1 more thing ..why do I have to bind the transmitter every time I turn the tx'er and sr on? The transmitter is from my mcx I got the sr bnf. maybe thats why
Old 12-22-2012, 05:00 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I just got one too. Its my first single-rotor heli. I grew board very quickly with the coax helis. I've been watching YouTube and these little helis seem to move out very decently too. I'm hoping to be able to grasp rotary flight with this little heli.. I also have a HeliMax Axe that I've not been successful with.. I got tired of replacing parts..and frankly don't know why I can't sustain a hover for more then a minute with it.. the Axe just seems to have a mind of its own.. I have pretty high hopes for the 120SR though.. its had decent reviews for the most part. I do have alot of RC experience with fixed wing.. the heli thing is a whole different world though. So I'm pretty excited to say the least.. the weather here is terrible, or I'd have it out right now.. haha.

With many years experience with planes.. I can tell you, you shouldn't have to bind it every time.. binding is a one-time-only process. Are you sure you're losing your bind? Are you turning on your transmitter first? ..wait about 4 seconds for it to boot up.. then plug your heli battery in. I'm just thinking you might be losing your bind if you're plugging your heli battery in first.. thereby putting the heli in bind mode.. don't know.. but definately turn the tranny on first in any case. I wish you well.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:21 AM
bayfire300

Yea I figured out the binding problem...... and I also did the advancedd swashplate mod and it flies great now......I wish I could get my Blade CP to fly like the sr.........PRACTICE lol

Merry Christmas
Otto
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 PM
willey
My Feedback: (32)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked one up last week myself, same thing got bored quick with the mcx2 but it helped me out big time learning the basics which I needed... LOL!! Now on the 120 I had the same issue with binding but seems to take now? I just been using the same trans that came the mcx2 and works great for the sr120. Also...mine leans to the right a tad? have to do more research I guess. I'm a rookie copter pilot but havin a blast with the 120.

Defiantly a great trainer and highly recommended.

had to ad a little "bling bling" though... LOL!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88006.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1838048   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15570.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1838049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88984.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1838050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf94289.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	1838051  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I've found if the tranny isn't left on for at least 5 seconds(thats by the book) before the heli is plugged in, it will need rebinding. So.. turn the tranny on.. wait for several seconds.. plug battery in.. it should work fine. It takes longer then simply turning on tranny and hitting the switch on an airplane.. this one's a bit different... at least thats my experience so far. Its worked perfectly though since I've been doint that.