Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

MCPX v2, just came in mail, has MAJOR vibration

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

MCPX v2, just came in mail, has MAJOR vibration

Old 04-05-2013, 01:45 PM
ask52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MCPX v2, just came in mail, has MAJOR vibration

Hi,

I ordered a rtf mcpx v2 off ebay (from power_hobby) and it came in the mail today. Everything looked good, no damage to the packaging, all the extra parts came too.

I charged up a full battery, plugged it in, radio controls all work, however there is a major vibration with the mcpx. It runs smooth until about 3/4 throttle then the main shaft vibrates extremely bad. Its almost like a bearing is missing (although I have looked over it and nothing seems to be missing).

I have checked the bottom gear, its on the shaft like it should be (flat spot on shaft lines up with gear). The shafts & rotors are straight (everything is new, hasn't even taken off, just powered up in my hand to check functions).

Any suggestions to fix the issue? Is this a conman problem with these?

Thanks!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:49 PM
ask52

Default RE: MCPX v2, just came in mail, has MAJOR vibration

ok, I just noticed that the main shaft has about 1/8" play between the lock collar and the upper bearing. So the lower gear can also move 1/8". is this possibly the issue?
Old 04-05-2013, 06:33 PM
KRASHKOPTER
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: MCPX v2, just came in mail, has MAJOR vibration

What you noticed is more than likely the problem....the main shaft should show below the main gear by about maybe 1/16".
You should be able to push up the main gear until there is no slop (up and down) on the main shaft and you will eventually get used to looking at this area after any crash. You will also get used to knowing how much of the shaft shows below the main gear as well....good luck

K