Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade mCPx BL Canopies

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Tryllast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade mCPx BL Canopies

Hey guys, I am a very new CP pilot and after weighing the pros and cons of he different sizes and brands I went with the Blade mCPx BL mainly for its durability. I skipped the whole fixed pitch and went directly to this level knowing upfront that I was going to crash, and crash a lot I did. I am happy to say that now I am pretty comfortable with most orientations, can do some minor 3D and hover inverted tail in pretty well (starting to work other inverted hovering orientations), and rarely crash. I'm sure the next step in the learning curve will change this.

That being said when I crashed it was usually a few tweaks or adjustments, maybe some minor spare parts needed to be replaced except for the canopy... The canopy seemed to crack or break every minor crash or hard landing and at $13 bux a pop this was quickly my most costly learning expense. So I did some research on alternatives and after a ton of time searching, sculpting and testing I have been able to use a simple process to create slightly more durable canopies that look GREAT in my opinion at a fraction of the cost. Realizing that this saved me a ton of money it could probably help others as well so I built a website that allows me to offer these to others to help them cut down their cost.

Please feel free to check it out at:

https://sites.google.com/site/custom...ytryllast/home

This is solely meant to offer other pilots an inexpensive alternative to costly manufacturer's canopies. These are not flawless but they came out pretty darn good and because they are 1 piece, they tend to be slightly more durable than the original.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30444.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1901204  
Attached Images