Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade helicopters

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 05:06 PM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade helicopters

are all blade helicopters junk? i have a blade 120sr and it hovers but not great in my opinion. had it in factory form it did the tbe thing where it hovers in circles. then did the microheli aluminum frame,mast,swash plate,blade hub,blade grips,flybar and it don't fly any better then the factory stuff did!if not more worse.it will not stay in one spot in a hover. i had a nexus 30 nitro helicopter about few years ago before my backruptcy. and it flew pretty stable. this 120 is not stable! how are the bigger blade helicopters are they any better then my 120sr? i was thinking the 500's or higher. or would i be better off in a different brand?

i'm thinking of putting my blade 120sr and mcpx up for sale. so i can get something else.
like to hear other peoples input on this. so far i'm not impressed with the blades brand.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 AM
flyingjmerritt

anyone have any input on the bigger helicopters? are the blade's any better on the bigger helicopters the the smaller ones(micro)?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 AM
chrisjayjay

Blade probably have 70% of the more serious micro heli market - they are great heli's but stock parts are usually plastic. So, you should look at making some upgrades particularly the swashplate. I have an MCPX, Nano, 130X, BL and 450 - they fly well out of the box and would recommend them - I haven't played with the fixed pitch ones though. If you want something bigger - you cant go wrong with ALIGN - cheap spares and again a market leader on the bigger helis. Personally I wouldn't go for Blade if getting anything bigger than a 450 - they are expensive without the pedigree for the size heli.

Cheers

Chris.

blinghobbies
Old 04-07-2014, 11:54 AM
flyingjmerritt

do all the blades have that tbe issue? when your in a hover with hands off it goes forward,left,backward,right,back forward again? on my 120sr i upgraded aluminum frame,mast,swashplate,flybar,rotor hub,blade grips and still not much better. with the rotor hub and blade grips i thought it was worse so i put the factory hub and main grips back on got little better but not by much. but ya i was thinking getting like the 130x for inside use. and maybe a 450 or 500 for outside use. i do have a align 600N flybarless i bought from someone crashed it. i been buying and fixing them for something to do in spare time and helps support my hobby as well. i'm thinking of rebuilding 1 and sell it and keep the other 1 for my personal use. i'm by no means a beginner on helicopters. i would say i'm more between beginner and expert. i'm no expert by any means yet. but its been around 10 years since i touched a transmitter last. i noticed a lot of the tech has changed from when i last was into it. last time i was in the nexus 30 was the new helicopter. anyway i'm thinking maybe starting small and working my way back up till it comes back to me. i have a real flight 6.5 elite i been brushing up my skills on for time being on the computer.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:28 AM
chrisjayjay

Hi, I think the 130X is better for outdoor use - say less than 10mph winds. Its a bit of a beast for indoor flying unless you have a huge sports hall. None of the heli's are really designed to hover in a fixed place with hands off - they all need constant flight corrections to say in a fixed place. Just make sure your swash is level and moves consistently when you give it some input. Yea, the flight sims are good to get some armchair practice in - I use Phoenix will is very good for helicopters....they just released a V5 as well which has an improved physics engine for fixed wing.

Thanks

Chris

blinghobbies
Old 04-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

I would suggest you skip the 130x for now. Although it is a great flying heli, has lots of power - it really is a high maintenance heli to keep it flying. And when it has problems you can find yourself dumping lots of money in it trying to troubleshoot them.

The smaller blade heli's are great for practicing on but don't expect much from them. Esp don't expect rock stable hover stabiltiy with them. Your going to have to be on the sticks with them. Just the nature of the micro's.

If your wanting to get back into things you may want to get yourself a 450 size, put a FBL unit on it, and go fly. The costs are really decent plus lipo pricing is low so you won't break the bank getting back into it. It'll also give you a chance to get used to the new technologies that are out now. Then you can move up when your ready.

BTW, I'd keep the mcpx as its a tough little bird and good for practicing the basic orientations.

Mark
Old 07-29-2014, 01:36 AM
charlie111

What do you think about this Prototype.It's a Wing instead of a Blade on each side.Being turned by a Motor on each side! each side is 4 ft. by 11 inches.With 2 Typhoon Brushless Moters 1 on each side.Plenty of Power!!