Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 450X BUYER BEWARE!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 450X BUYER BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 05:53 AM
kbkranz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Blade 450X BUYER BEWARE!

I'd like to share my experience and warn anyone considering purchase of this Heli. After a successful first flight without issue, on the SECOND flight it appears that the double sided tape holding the BeastX receiver/ gyro onto the heli delaminated causing the heli to become almost uncontrollable. I was able to get the heli leveled out before it went down causing a severe blade/ boom strike which pretty much destroyed the heli. The beast X was found almost 20 feet from the crash site telling me that it had to have left the heli while the blades were still spinning to be knocked that far away!. Horizon Hobby's response has been that since it flew successfully once that any warranty has expired, and that I'll have to pay list price for any of the electronics that need replacement, and they will give me a discount on the mechanical parts. The tech support person in a nice polite way called me a liar in telling me there is no way the receiver could have separated from the heli and unplugged all of the servo wires but couldn't explain why it was found almost 20 feet away. I've been in the RC hobby for over 30 years, cars, boats, planes, and heli's and I've never had an experience which irritated me more than this. Horizon Hobby, the last laugh is on you, for if you'd have taken care of this the way you should have I'd have happily spent much more of my money on the upcoming larger heli's as it stands now I'm going to spend my money elsewhere, and highly recommend that anyone reading this do also. Absolutely Unhappy with Horizon Hobby!!