Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Adjusting Blade CP to use Futaba 9C

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Adjusting Blade CP to use Futaba 9C

Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 AM
manu2604
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Adjusting Blade CP to use Futaba 9C

I wanna buy a 9C for my BCPP. Does anybody know what are the advantages of the Futaba 9C helicopter version against the 9C airplane version? I know they both have airplane, heli and glider mode. I also know that the 9C heli has a non ratchted throtle stick but is that all the difference? The 9C airplane is 50 bucks cheaper so I dont know if I am missing something else. Is it worth to pay extra for the heli version? I also know you can add fuel tube to the ratcheted throtle and make it smooth, does the heli version has a throtle stick with a better feel? I know I sound cheap but with 50 bucks i can get an extra set of Lipos and blades.
One more question: if I am buying a new radio and I pick the same frequency my BCCP receiver has, would this work and I dont need to buy a separate crystal? or...is it possible to take the crystal that comes in the Futaba 9C Receiver and put it in the BCCP receiver? would this work?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Manuel
Old 09-21-2006, 06:40 AM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

The 9C Super is available as a synthesized version from the factory. You might want to consider this option as it is cheaper to do "up front" and synthesized buys you a lot of options for the future.

If you buy the same TX frequency module channel as your RX on the Blade, you need not buy or do anything else. It will work in PPM mode (the RX included in the BCP/P is not PCM) with your BCPP out of the box.

ORIGINAL: manu2604

I wanna buy a 9C for my BCPP. Does anybody know what are the advantages of the Futaba 9C helicopter version against the 9C airplane version? I know they both have airplane, heli and glider mode. I also know that the 9C heli has a non ratchted throtle stick but is that all the difference? The 9C airplane is 50 bucks cheaper so I dont know if I am missing something else. Is it worth to pay extra for the heli version? I also know you can add fuel tube to the ratcheted throtle and make it smooth, does the heli version has a throtle stick with a better feel? I know I sound cheap but with 50 bucks i can get an extra set of Lipos and blades.
One more question: if I am buying a new radio and I pick the same frequency my BCCP receiver has, would this work and I dont need to buy a separate crystal? or...is it possible to take the crystal that comes in the Futaba 9C Receiver and put it in the BCCP receiver? would this work?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Manuel
Old 09-21-2006, 01:14 PM
manu2604
My Feedback: (2)

WilsonFlyer,

Thanks for your response! do you know if the 9C heli version is worth it?

Old 09-21-2006, 09:25 PM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

I have the early 9CH mostly because I don't like the ratchet throttle on airplanes or helis. You'll have to ask for specific differences on the Super models in the Futab support section here at RCU. Bax will give you a quick answer. you may be able to decipher it here: http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk75.html if you're willing to dig through the propoganda.

ORIGINAL: manu2604

WilsonFlyer,

Thanks for your response! do you know if the 9C heli version is worth it?

Old 07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Toto
My Feedback: (4)

Can you just put in a futaba crystal in the cp Pro reciever or are you changing the whole reciever out..

Plus wish to use my futaba 6x on channel 36 is this ok?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Georges Payne

ORIGINAL: Toto

Can you just put in a futaba crystal in the cp Pro reciever or are you changing the whole reciever out..

Plus wish to use my futaba 6x on channel 36 is this ok?
You have to use a "Single Conversion" Futaba Xtal in the E-Flite Rx, or a new receiver if you have one. I tried both, and ended up using the E-Flite Rx in the BCPP and the Futaba Rx in the T-Rex. The single conversion xtals are also known as "short crystals" or "black and white crystals" because of their packaging, obviously. The normal dual conversion crystal found on more recent systems do not work. I recall reading somewhere that the lower frequencies such as 13 don't work on the stock E-Flite Rx. I used a short Futaba crystal on ch 23, and it works great so you should be fine on ch 36.

As for the Transmitter, it has to has CCPM mixing as a swash plate mixing option. In my 9C it is referred to as HELI-SR-3 mixing.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:06 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK,
I just put the e-flight stock TX crystal in my Futaba Module in my 8uap and it seam to be working fine so far

Also
I have a blade cx, I set all the pit-cv to 50% and it seams to trim out better
When I had the settings posted above I just couldn't get the ail/ele trims to stay set

I'm no heli expert at all, beginner really, only had the heli for about a week
Seams to be working well with the 8U so far

good luck all
Old 09-08-2007, 07:34 PM
StrobeRC

A little humor....

Picked up a Synth 9C on ebay to use with my CP. Never held a computerized remote in my hands before for helis (I'm a noob)

Anyways I went to put the settings in and I could'nt find any of the menu's like SWASH AFR to change them. After about an 1 1/2 hr trying to find my way around the transmitter......DUH

Changed the language from Nederlands to English I should have known better scoring off ebay !

I like the 9C