Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

wobble wobble

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 02:23 PM
bladecpnewbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wobble wobble

ok this is my second day flying my blade cp, this is my first heli and i can already hover around pretty well (tail facing me) plus i've been practicing on the simulator, last night i was flying it in my garage and got too close to the ceiling WAM!! the main shaft was slightly bent so i replaced that but i still have some wobble in the head, the main shaft is perfectly straight but it still shakes and i cant even get the blades up to speed without it looking like something is going to break
I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IS CAUSING THE SHAKING!!!????
anybody have any ideas?
help greatly needed

-scott
Old 05-25-2006, 03:33 PM
OttoNP

Default RE: wobble wobble

Well, if you've already checked the main shaft, I suggest these options, from your description I'd guess you should start with option 3:

1. Check the balance of the head assembly, this is easily done by loosening the coller on the main shaft and sliding the main shaft downward until the gears don't engage (main motor and main gear). Then, hold the heli horizontal and balance the blades. Turn the rotor 90 degress in each direction, it should turn easily and should balance at every point. I add scotch tape to the main blades to balance them and slide the flybar around to balance it.

2. Check the blade tracking, see your manual

3. The other thing that I know will cause it that is less detectable is if the spindle is bent. This is the metal bar that is inbetween the two blade grips. When mine was bent the heli would spin up smooth, track well, but once in the air it would wobble out of control and all my little army men would fall out....
Old 05-25-2006, 08:23 PM
bladecpnewbie

well the spindle isnt bent and i'm starting to think its the plastice head peice because when its rotating slowly i can see it wobble a little bit but everything is straight and balenced
could it be possible for the plastic head to bend a little?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:58 PM
bladecpnewbie

is it possible for the plastic head to bend????
please help because a new one is 9.99 and i'm starting to run low on funds....
Old 05-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Loswave

If yo checked the balance as he described and it had perfect balance I'd redo that test, if it wobbles, than some way or another, it's not spot on balanced. Another easy thing to check is to be sure the blades are absolutly straight, they have the tendancy to look straight, but be a tiny bit cocked, and if one or both blades is cocked one way or the other, it will cause a ton of wobble. I doubt very much that you would have "bent" a plastic part, they will bend for only an instant, not permanantly, or else they break. One thing about helicopters is that even if it looks perfect by eye, that doesn't mean that it is. Also, like he said, check you blade tracking, this will be the culprit most often when the blades are perfectly straight. Good luck.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:33 AM
bladecpnewbie

ok, thnx i will try that, i'll have an update to let ya know
Old 05-26-2006, 04:17 AM
bladecpnewbie

OK I'M CONVINCED THE PLASTIC HEAD IS BENT BECAUSE EVEN WITHOUT THE BLADES ON IT THE VERY TOP STILL WOBBLES AND I CAN TELL THIS AT A VERY LOW RPM.
I'LL BUY A NEW HEAD TOMARROW AND LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES
-PEACE
Old 05-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Skiddz

How do you know the main shaft is perfectly straight? Did you pull it out and check it, or are you just eyeballing it? Easy way to check it is to pull the shaft and roll it on a glass table. If it makes clicking noises as it's rolling, it's bent. If you're seeing the top of the shaft "wobble" as it slowly rotates, the main shaft is bent.

The good news is a main shaft is only $6 and takes about 5 mins to install. Or, you can straighten it and do the glass table bit again. I've stuffed my Blade into the ground lawn-dart style a couple times and have *NEVER* bent any plastic pieces. Main shafts, flybars and feathering spindles yes. I'd suspect the main shaft before I'd even think about any plastic pieces.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:45 PM
bladecpnewbie

ok i figured it out, i was using 2 blades from different sets and one of the blades was WAY heavier than the other so i bought new blades and shes flying great now!
thnx everyone for your input, again i'm new to this
-peace
anyone ever noticed that some blades are WAY heavier than others?