Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

belt drive?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 12:06 PM
porscheaddiction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default belt drive?

Just curiious has anyone here completed and is flying their tail belt drive conversion blade?
be nice to see some feed back from it.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:24 PM
RBCCONT

Default RE: belt drive?

Well I asked this question also 2 times before and no one answered. I couldnt take it anymore
I went into my lhs and they had everything ,Cant really call it a blade only thing left is the canopy the servos and a set of blades .I just snapped went all out got the 401 and all.
I will post how well it flys after the build and a few pics maybe,I have a t-rex xl and will let you know how it compares.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:00 PM
RBCCONT

I think I know why there are no reviews yet,no one has one built yet.It takes forever to build this thing.The instructions on heli direct are bare minimum ,There is alot of tweaking along the way.like the motor dosent fit the motor mount without modifications,the ball links supplied dont fit the balls that come with it. for the price of this thing I think there should have been a little more care taken to the way it goes together .this is what I got so far.I was trying to set up the radio and battery died so have to wait till tommorow to keep going .have about 12 hours build time in so far.Even if it dosent fly It does look sweet so it will make a great looking paper weight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79385.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	536813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37400.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	536814  
Old 10-07-2006, 11:48 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Looks WICKED!

I had the same problem wtih that alum head wtih the ball links and stuff, but got it sorted out and it is pretty smooth.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:01 PM
RBCCONT

1st test fight ,arrrrrrrg
Got up about a foot steady tail then it just started to spin ,when I looked closer the tail shaft had bent 90% what a piece of crap............
Im going to look for another tail asembly tommorow ,If I cant find another one I might just use a t-rex boom ,it will fit outside the tail boom block and I can cut it off a few inches and then use a t-rex tail its not much bigger,
Anyone have any other expierience with the 300 tail or a better Idea????

HELP
Old 10-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Truglodite

no experience directly. i've read posts of ppl having success with a trex tail though. should work.

btw, from the video's i've seen and the reviews i've read, i can't find anything saying/showing the belted blade will do anything but mild ff. i'm waiting to see/hear about someone doing chaos or tictocs with this belted micro. i don't feel comfy investing the time and $$$ on this upgrade until i see it flat out outperforming a similarly equiped tail motor micro (ie: brushless, Al head, CF blades...). maybe it's just too heavy at the moment?
Old 10-08-2006, 07:31 PM
RBCCONT

Well you wont see any tic toc reviews from me .I am not that good yet .I can fly around all day without a crash ,the closest I get to 3d so far are stall turns.I'm getting there but I think my t-rex will get me there before this.I just love to build and try new things .I found this not shure what size the block is .

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...support/Detail

Its satisfying and aggravating at the same time.don't know if I should be laughing or crying
Old 10-09-2006, 07:29 PM
RBCCONT

2nd try ,new tail piece ,had everything set up great ,spun it up and did some test spins on the ground spun stopped spun stopped ,401 worked great,then I lifted about 2 feet and bam the dang tail shaft just bent again . my opinion ,save your money ,I will be selling the parts that are ok on ebay like the cnc head and maybe the belt drive frame with a warning that I gave up,anyway can use the electron reciver and 401 on a new t-rex anyone want them make me an offer on anything thats left pm me ..

Look for me on the t-rex tread ,I probably wont be here anymore ,sorry blade you did me well but I have outgrown you now..
Old 10-10-2006, 05:18 PM
chopperdudes

the beltdrive in the vids by helidirect seemed fine...i agree, they put everything needed in one package and it's like 300 bux. well... guess one should jsut upgrade to a trex. like Truglodite said, if i see it doing tic tocs and death spirals and piro flips, then i'd go with that, but otherwise, i'd go with a rex.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:48 PM
RBCCONT

Well I think they must make these belt drive parts out of crack ,I tried to give it up ,I really did its taking all my money and its junk . I cant give it up,I did give up on the crappy tail an I am going to get a plastic t-rex tail tomorrow ,wrap some tape(alot of tape around the boom and try that out .I found a few ppl that have ad success with it.I will out be buying from heli direct anymore,Just the fact that this cost so much I would have thought they would have put more research into it before selling it, My god the motor that comes with it doesn't fit without some modification the ball links that come with it don't fit the balls ,the tail bends if you blow on it the tiny grub screws for the belt gear strip so easy you cant get it to tighten without them stripping.Cant tighten the tail boom enough without stripping that.
I found a fix for most everything so far .My point is for that much money they should have done these things.
sorry I'm just rambling on and on and on,just mad they charge so much for something that doesn't work without big fixes they must be related to bill gates.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Truglodite

lol, like gates.

hd's kit is pretty much in beta stage right now, and i hope most ppl investing the $$$ on the kit have found the numerous threads out there showing it's lack of refinement. i'm looking forward to reviews of the other driven tail micros too (like the midget 3d). maybe by the time i'm ready for a fully 3d capable ship, i'll be able to stay micro!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:08 PM
RBCCONT

Those are the words I was missing Lack of refinement big time.
I was looking at the shogun midget on the back of rc heli mage ,Hope it flies as good as it looks
Old 10-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Truglodite

hehe, i'm looking at the same mag. rc heli is a great mag.

the midget is a shaft drive. in the same mag (top of page 16), you'll find what looks to be an even nicer micro coming soon. the "JR Parkmite". it's got belt drive, and it's jr. it will be nice i'm sure. i'm looking forward to that one setting some standards in the micro seen here in the usa.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:42 PM
RBCCONT

Well I put on a t-rex tail not much heavier moved the battery up a little and spun it up ,Well what do you know the head set screws were not tight enough to hold the head ,when I tried to tighten them one stripped and that was that. Another heli direct great product, I drilled and tapped 2 new holes and put in better set screws,off we go again.the tail didn't blow up this time,(t-rex tail ) but i think the gear ratio is off ,the tail wont hold at all,tied changing pitch curves and throttle curves ,at certain pitch and rpm the tail would hold and the as it gets up it the air it lets go.hmmm
Old 10-13-2006, 03:02 PM
RBCCONT

I can not get the tail to hold ,Im using a 401 and once it gets in the air it starts to spin around ,Tryed turning the gain all the way up ,Anyone have any sugestions.It does old a little before it gets up.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:59 PM
xanadu_vector
My Feedback: (5)

Google video link to a "Blade CP Belt Driven HDX300"

[link]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1556250377224467352&q=blade+cp+belt&hl=en[/link]
Old 10-14-2006, 02:13 AM
ptremb

On the head and tail drive sprocket, drilling & tapping to accept a 3mm set screw is almost mandatory as the little junks that are in there always strip since no one makes a good driver that fits properly.Grab your tail and head and try to spin the tail,mine was slipping on the main shaft and prevented correction of anything more than a hover.If it's slipping take the main shaft out and grind 2 small flats to allow the set screws to "bite" into the shaft.you should also have an 8 tooth sprocket on the tail shaft,if you have the standard t-rex tail shaft I think it's a 10-11 tooth and won't give the tail enough speed.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:10 PM
RBCCONT

Just wondering if there is any place to make trades,Im guess some ppl have gotten these to work or want to giv it a try anyway.,It wont be me ,I am working on building my second rex and give up on this ,I need rex parts .Only parts I am keeping are the reciver and gyro.