Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CX won't get out of ground effect?

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX won't get out of ground effect?

Old 11-26-2006, 11:18 AM
RLefebvre
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX won't get out of ground effect?

I got a CX and was doing really well with it, ran maybe 10 packs throught it. Had it outside and it crashed due to a little gust of wind or something. Broke my first upper hub. I rebuilt it, and ever since then it just won't fly right.

Started with a bad vibration after rebuilding it. I've managed to get rid of most of the vibration, but it's still there.

The main point is, I can't get the thing to fly properly. On a fresh pack, it will fly for about 15 seconds before dropping to about 2 feet, where it will fly for about a minute, and then can't get over 1-2" from the ground. Also, I need to hold full left rudder, and even that is not enough to stop it rotating.

I've rebuilt the thing many times looking for the problem. Only things I can find, are that the upper bearing holder seems to be out of round. I also see that the lower blades don't track well. They are out of track maybe 1/8" or so.

I also notice the lower gear on my new inner shaft has a lot of axial runnout. It wobbles up and down as it's turning. Not sure what the specs are on these. I swapped it out for another gear, and it still wobbles. So it's the shaft. But the shaft is straight when checking it on a glass surface.

I started to think I must have over-discharged the lipos. After a few minutes, the thing won't fly at all, I charge the batteries, and it only takes 30 minutes. So I thought I'd damaged the lipos. But I've been checking them with a voltmeter, and they both put out 9.5-9.6V when charged. I've checked them after the thing won't get off the ground anymore, and they're still putting out 9.4V. I've also checked the voltage while under load, sitting on a table with no blades, at full power, they're putting out 9.4V, even when I load one shaft by pinching it in my fingers.

Is it the 4in1? The motors? The wobble wherever it's coming from???
Old 11-26-2006, 12:00 PM
RLefebvre
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: CX won't get out of ground effect?

Oh... now I did it.

I was checking the battery voltage under load with the blades on. Still good, 9.4V and it wouldn't lift off.

Then I went to check the voltage at the motor leads with the power on, and the 4in1 popped. Smoked right in front of me.

I don't really get that... I wasn't holding the blades or anything. They were spinning, voltage leads on the motor leads, and it just popped.

Why in the heck would that happen? So now I'm really screwed.

I'm getting so frustrated with these things. I got the CX because my CP was too hard to learn on. Now the CX is giving me problems.

I'm cursed with copters. Planes and cars are no problem.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Flying Foot Doc
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: CX won't get out of ground effect?

After you put it down for awhile and get back to it, look at the link for fuses, The minis will save you your 4in1,probable. Sounds like there was too much restince as if something was binding. Check it all over very carefully. Let us know what you find, Doc