Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX-2

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:51 PM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CX-2

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

if i ran my batt down till it wouldnt fly is it toasted
sooooooo
as long as you can still charge it with out any problem your fine try not to do this though, you could damage the battery then kaboom heli on fire, battery on fire, house on fire or woods.... Once it wont hover over 5 inches at full throttle thats when i stop let her cool down the plug the battery in.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 AM
chris1379

if i ran my batt down till it wouldnt fly is it toasted
Watch it very carefully when charging. If it doesn't puff, it's OK to use. In the future, try to land when you notice a drop in lift.

Chris
Old 09-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Evan T.

okay thanks guys well i dont have a charger yet i had to order one at my lhs
Old 10-10-2008, 10:00 PM
stringcheese

Well, I guess this thread is dead. Dead, Dead.

Has anyone tried making, or does anyone sell, a carbon tube lower rotor drive shaft. I think it would be great. Either straight or broken and we would just super glue it on.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:48 PM
06sportster
My Feedback: (7)

I just got home with my first helicopter, and it is killing me to wait for the battery to charge! I got the Blade CX2, of course. Everything seem very nice, the radio seem suprisingly solid, it came with 2 sets of replacement blades, plus it has a nice shinny blue part on it.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:54 PM
06sportster
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Tall Paul

ORIGINAL: cwharper

Can I use a futaba receiver like the r607fs on the cx2 so I can use my 9Z with fasst module to fly this heli? Do I just swap the leads from the spektrum program and fly?
You need two speed controls and a gyro, not just the receiver.
On the Blades that came with the 3 in 1, wouldn't you just need the Futaba receiver? I am actually looking to get a new radio for my planes, I think I'm going to end up getting a Futaba 7c 2.4ghz. But now that I just bought a Blade I may end up going with the Spektrum DX7.

Does anyone have any experience with using a Futaba radio with the 3 in 1 on their Blade CX2? Is it as simple as switching out the receivers and then set it up?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Evan T.

hey so is anyone planning on dusting off there cx2s for the winter
Old 10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Korps

I bought my Blade CX2 a year ago, was great fun too fly and still is. With time me and my friend took out the weights and adjusted the servos for more moverability etc. This was a new challenge and started too fly outside - taking on a bit of wind just for the challenge .

We have tried flying in formation, but sometimes it just goes ALL wrong lol. Then we started to dogfight - lol after a couple of broken blades the one day we decided to make weapons out of foamolite and mount it on the heli's. Last night too be exact we tried this out and it worked great - just one problem - we still ended up with a couple of broken blades and torn Heli bodies. He took a piece of my tail off and also my nose got a few hits - ALL GOOD FUN

I must say the Blade is one of my best buys to date.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:30 PM
beau7177

bzyguy01:

Interesting comparison! Perhaps your "tools" need replacing? BTW, no need to rationalize your life here now!..
Old 04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
rc-jj

just yesterday i was looking at mine and wondering WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO WITH YOU??????? [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

so now that i know some of my fellow CX2-ers are are thinking the same this may just incite me to fire her up .....oh well guess i better get ready to go the store and start getting parts
Old 04-20-2009, 05:16 PM
chris1379

Hey, if you guys have moved on to bigger helis and honed your flying skills, dig that CX2 out of the closet and try it now. I'm flying much better in small spaces and it's much more exciting than the MCX. Don't get me wrong, I like my MCX, Honey Bee K2, CX-2, and HK-450 but it's OK to fly them all.

Chris
Old 04-21-2009, 10:34 PM
monsterchug

The weather is turning for the better here in the Seattle area and the CX2 has been a blast after work. I love flying it in the backyard when the wind cooperates. Are there blade options that make it easier to fly outdoors or are aftermarket blades more for durability?