Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX-2

Old 12-24-2006, 10:27 AM
GTjonnyR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CX-2

well cant seam to fined the blade cx2 box under my tree , maybe santa's bringing it ???
Old 12-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Jellyson

He's probably _flying_ it!
Old 12-24-2006, 11:02 AM
robmoney

Hey guys!

Will my 3 CELL LIPO 800 MaH KILL my cx2?

I will have room IF Stersman's tail boom ever gets here..

Don't want to fry the 3in1.........
Old 12-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Jellyson

Let me know what happens

Seriously now, I think it would be better to get a battery of increased capacity rather than higher voltage.
I have a 2-cell 900 mAh 10C and a 1050 mAh 10.5C that work really well. With the stock battery you get a voltage drop on acceleration, with the higher-cap batts you don't as much so the system performs better. And of course much longer flight times.

Considering how easy it is to fry the 4-in-1 (or 3-in-1) on a power-on blade strike, I'd recommend against using a 3-cell.
But that's just an hypothesis, only experimentation can tell us for sure.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:30 AM
robmoney

What brand are those bigger batts?
Old 12-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Jellyson

And to anticipate the "install the fuses" argument: The chips fry because of power, which is the product of volts times amps (roughly).
So at 11.1 volts you need _less_ current to get the same power level to the chips to fry them. If you use the same fuses you will no longer be protected.
But experiment away, and be sure to let us know what you find out, I'm really curious, I just don't have a spare unit on hand so I don't want to do it myself.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Jellyson

The 1050 is an Apogee, the other one is generic, unlabeled, so I don't remember where I got it.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:46 AM
robmoney

Think I'll order up a couple Megapower 7.4v from Helidirect and try them... Flight time on the cx2 stock battery is terrible I think...

Guess it is just because it's running two big motors...

Gotta go to family Xmas!

Have a great weekend!

Rob
Old 12-24-2006, 11:57 AM
tinchao

Hi, robmoney

When I pick up my CX2 from the LHS, I brought an extra battery too, but the helper in the shop gave me a 3 cell instead of 2 cell. When the shop owner found out, he call my cell and told me not to use it, he said the 3 cell will kill my motor, so, I brought the 3 cell back and exchange to 2 cell. I never got to try the 3 cell on my CX2, but if the owner of the shop advise me not to do so. I this his word for it.

Something must have happen to my CX2 after I shot the video yesterday, I have been busy with the holiday party and stuff and don't have time to investigate. Anyway, to make the long story short. It fly funny as of out of control, so, I chip the bottom blade and broke one landing gear []
Old 12-24-2006, 02:04 PM
MicroMotorSport

hey guys thanks for the timely replys to my post. The first thing i checked and checked again was the rotation of the blades. top spins counter lower spins clockwise so both are providing downward thrust. I briefly looked over the swash after that and it did not seem separated, i will check again on tuesday. The lowerblades are tracking straight, uppers seem to vibrate and outser shaft looks bent. Inner is perfectly straight using a roll test on a table. The heli sounds as loud as if it was in the air, so it wants to take off, but just won't. Would the outershaft cause the heli to not lift off?

Thanks Again, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone
Old 12-24-2006, 03:06 PM
tinchao

Hi, guys, need some help again

My CX2 become very unstable after the crash that I chip my lower blade and broke the landing gear. One thing I noticed is when it take off, it go the the right "big time"
My flybar looks OK, may be a little little off....
WHAT MAY BE WRONG???
Old 12-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Jellyson

MMS, yes, the outer shaft turns and also is the guide for the inner shaft and the support for the upper bearing. If the outer shaft is bent the shafts will bind, sucking power. The helicopter can barely get out of its own way in the first place, any loss of power will prevent it from lifting off.
If you can see that the shaft is bent, you should replace it.

tinchao, check the little plastic pins in the lower rotor head that the blades pivot on. And the swashplate for separation of course.
Also if you can _see_ that the flybar is in any way wrong, it is too wrong.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Bonefish1

My cx2 is one week old. First rc copter. Have replaced landing gear, several blades, and flybar. A few of my experiences: Indoor flying with ceiling fan off for maiden flights. I drilled 2 small holes in the canopy to adjust pots without having to disassemble. Had trouble maintaining correct throttle position when using rudder, so I opened controller and bent the metal tensioning strip to increase friction on throttle (saw in a post somewhere, and is very simple). I couldn't wait for full charge to make first flight, and may need new battery. I don't get much range, and helicopter will quit for no reason (maybe battery?) Have enjoyed all the great info here.
Merry Christmas.
SEAN
Old 12-24-2006, 05:33 PM
MicroMotorSport

Thank You Jellyson very much for your help, I will report back if the outer shaft was indeed the source of the problem.

Got to go now, heading out to the family's Christmas Eve Party (Noche Buena for us Spanish people)

MMM Pork
Old 12-24-2006, 09:25 PM
tinchao

Jellyson,

I fit the landing gear, check out the photo
I check the swashplate, I don't know what to look for, but it is not level, it is suppose to be level? Please see the image.
Anyway, I check the balance of the bottom blade, because one blade is new, one blade is old, therefore, it is not balance, I use the two cups method, one side is about 3/4" higher than the other side, so, I change to another one and it is perfect.
I also fix the flybar, to the best I can
It is flying a little more stable now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71149.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	583220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50209.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	583221  
Old 12-24-2006, 09:28 PM
tinchao

Bonefish1

What happen when you CX2 quit?? During flying? The heli just drop to the ground without warning?
Old 12-25-2006, 12:42 AM
cal_gecko

I had my first 'crash' tonight that caused damage... broke one of the lower blades and a skid The thing that sucks is that the LHS is closed until Tuesday, so I won't be doing any flying until then
Old 12-25-2006, 01:03 AM
wildpig

Hi!! Everyone!!! First of all MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!
I'm from a small city/country called Singapore(hope you know where it is)
New to RC heli, and just bought a CX2 as a christmas present for myself.
Like to know is there any upgrade parts to mod the heli? or maybe tips to tune up the heli?
Any web sites that is selling cheap and good hop up parts, that will ship to Singapore?
Thanks!!! [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 12-25-2006, 05:13 AM
Jellyson

tinchao, it looks OK to me, it's hard to tell without having the transmitter on and sticks centered. But at least it's getting better, when you change the flybar it will probably be fixed.

Cal, bummer, how selfish can those people be, don't they know that all over the countryside people will be breaking their new CX2s and will need parts on Christmas morning? Sheesh, there should be ERs for rc helis.

wildpig, merry christmas, hi, how's the weather? Sure, the answer to your questions is "Yes!"
But "cheap" and "good" may not be obtainable at the same time...

MMS, !Feliz Navidad, prospero ano!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Icleanh2o

Well Gents,

Started with a Silverlit Picco Z, having a blast with it. For Christmas I got a Blade CX-2. Ordered the less blade strike kit from Jellyson in Canada, and CNC upper and lower aluminum heads. Got the training gear and extra blades, waiting for extra batteries. Have I forgotten anything?

I am leaning toward RADD'S school of flight for training, and this Forum. Any other advise?

Build & Captain RC Submarines and Targets, Built & Flew RC Planes, Played with the RC Cars, and Now Helicopters.

Icleanh2o
Old 12-25-2006, 10:58 AM
runover1
My Feedback: (10)

Howdy Guys,
This is my first post in a long time and the CX-2 is my first heli. I have hovered it around inside for the last couple of days. I have a terrible problem with the ruder control though. It keeps wanting to yaw or torque right, even after adjusting the max pot all the way clockwise.

Oops, while writing this, I just noticed in the manual I was supposed to go CCW not CW. Well back to another question.
Will moving the servo linkage to a further hole help control forward momentum or will it put undue stress on the swashplate? I busted the flybar off outside this morning, sucks everything is closed. I almost thought about epoxing it back on, but I think that is too unsafe. Is there a better battery than the stock battery?
Thanks guys, it looks like you all are having fun with it.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Jellyson

Just to be clear, I have nothing to do at all with the bladecxpro people in Montreal, I'm just a customer who likes the result, I'm in Toronto, Ontario, it is almost like another country, even a different language.

I sell nothing, I just break stuff.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Jellyson

clean water, RADD's definitely, have fun.

runover your swash will be OK it's the inter-blade strikes from too much control travel that will bite you one day.
Control your forward momentum with balance and pitch attitude.
And yes if the flybar carrier broke at the standard place you can fix it, one or two times usually, with CA and dental floss or CA and heatshrink tubing. Epoxy won't stick very well to the plastic. Leave the upper screw out, so the flybar can pop out on impact instead of breaking the carrier off the upper hub.

And you turn the mix pot in the direction you want it to go, not the direction it's going, as you have found out.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Jellyson

tinchao your landing gear fix looks really good. Is that a spring from a ballpoint pen in there? And what's the clear stuff? You could also use heat-shrink tubing from the car parts store or radio shack.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:58 PM
bzyguy01

Merry Xmas all!
Hey ...check it out my G3 simulator has a blue CX2 on it! Does yours??? HE HE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77207.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	583461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21482.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	583462   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61709.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	583463  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.