Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

BCX2 Blade tracking help!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

BCX2 Blade tracking help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 01:42 PM
×SlappY×

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCX2 Blade tracking help!

hey everyone, my CX2 blades are not in track, and i dont know how to fix the problem, my upper blades are fine, but hte lowere blades are out of track,
Old 01-03-2007, 01:54 PM
labmonkey

Default RE: BCX2 Blade tracking help!

Nice...beat me to the punch slappy

I replaced my lower blades yesterday, and now I am having issues. The blades seem to be balanced ok off of the model. I am noticing a lot of vibration and it is highly unstable in the air. been flying for 2 weeks before I broke a blade and had a pretty good feel for basic hovering.

Someone help...i am DYING to fly!

Paul aka labmonkey

ORIGINAL: �SlappY�

hey everyone, my CX2 blades are not in track, and i dont know how to fix the problem, my upper blades are fine, but hte lowere blades are out of track,
Old 01-03-2007, 02:16 PM
×SlappY×

ORIGINAL: labmonkey

Nice...beat me to the punch slappy

I replaced my lower blades yesterday, and now I am having issues. The blades seem to be balanced ok off of the model. I am noticing a lot of vibration and it is highly unstable in the air. been flying for 2 weeks before I broke a blade and had a pretty good feel for basic hovering.

Someone help...i am DYING to fly!

Paul aka labmonkey

heh. it sucks my lower blades are really out of track, the heli has no lift at all, even at full throttle itl just spin in circles on the floor and wont come off 1cm..
Old 01-03-2007, 02:24 PM
CCbusa05

I am assuming that since you changed your lower blades out that you made sure that the blade pins weren't broken.
The next thing to check for is to insure that there is no vertical movement in either the outer or inner shaft when you try to move them up/down by hand.
Are the top two screws in the lower rotor head seated firmly (but not too tightly because they may protrude through and thus rub on the inner shaft) into their respective holes? The only other thing that I can think of when lower blades don't track is that maybe you have a bent inner and/or outer shaft. You might end up disassembling everything to inspect those shafts. ( I usually roll them along a flat surface to make sure they're straight).
Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:42 PM
×SlappY×

the helicopter is brand new, it came and had no lift at all. holding it eye level the lower angle like a good half inch higher then theyre supposed to be... maybe i could put some weight on the blade to make it go down more???
Old 01-03-2007, 03:37 PM
labmonkey

wow...not too sure about the Horizon Hobbies support line......I just called and the guy told me to replace the 4 in 1 without me even telling him the symptoms.

I asked "could it be that one of the shafts is bent?" "Uh...yeah...that could be...what's it doing?"

Thanks for telling me to replace the controller without even knowing what was going on...jeez.

Maybe I just caught them on a bad day......

Thanks for the suggestion CCbusa05 , when I get home I will dig in and take that puppy apart.....

Any pointers on disassembling these things? My first time....any pitfalls to watch out for?

Old 01-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disassemble over something that will tell you when one of those impossibly small screws has fallen out,.. and show you where it is.. like a large sheet of white plastic.
And put the removed in a non-spill dish.. once the parts escape to the floor, they're gone!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:51 PM
rc guy96

ive done that it is very hard to find them.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:14 PM
soloboss

YOu don't have one upper blade and one lower blade on the lower rotor?? Sorry, but I had to ask.
Soloboss
Old 01-03-2007, 08:16 PM
soloboss

YOu don't have one upper blade and one lower blade on the lower rotor?? Sorry, but I had to ask.
Soloboss
Old 01-03-2007, 08:34 PM
labmonkey

I understand you asking...but no...I am positive I have only lower blades.

ORIGINAL: soloboss

Soloboss
Old 01-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ball links are different sizes between the blades.. and one blade would be backwards on the mast if upper and lower were mated.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
×SlappY×

my blades are correctcly installed, and not inverted, i do not have upper blades on the lowe slot, it still gets no lift, i also tried with new blades, and it still wont work.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:45 PM
labmonkey

I have been working overtime so I still haven't taken mine apart....so tomorrow I am off....and by god I WILL GET THIS THING IN THE AIR AGAIN!!!!!!!

Slappy, if yours isn't flying right out of the box then I really don't know what to tell you...all I know is this heli is RTF....if mine didn't fly when I pulled it out of the box I would have taken it back.....

Mine flew great until I crashed it......[:'(]
Old 01-05-2007, 01:11 PM
greck

heh. it sucks my lower blades are really out of track, the heli has no lift at all, even at full throttle itl just spin in circles on the floor and wont come off 1cm..
This sounds a lot like the upper hub/inner shaft is not secured well at the bottom where it mates with its main drive gear. The shaft has two flat spots that the set screws in the collar must mesh with, otherwise the inertia from the mass of the flybar will make it slip, which seems to be the leading cause of the symptoms you mention.

On every inner shaft I've seen, the flat spots like up with the blade pivots, so turn the upper blades perpendicular to the tail boom and then look under the heli from the sides... if the set screws aren't pointed directly along the blades, try taking that main gear off and re-setting it.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:51 PM
labmonkey

Well I am airborn again. No problems with the shaft. I ended up re-centering my servos and tweaking the linkages. I am now back to a stable hover and the vibration I was seeing is non existant.

Many thanks to all who replied to my questions here...and for the information I got from other threads that helped me fix this issue. You guys are great, and I am really glad I found this forum. Looking forward to spending more time here.

Happy flying everyone....and good luck slappy...hope you get airborn real soon.

Paul aka labmonkey