Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade CP Pro eye candy....

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CP Pro eye candy....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
jent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP Pro eye candy....

Just thought you guys might be intrested to see some pics I took of my CP pro today.

Sorry the photos are not great....had some tough lighting and had to use the built in flash. Also I know the wiring looks like a mess. I tried to move things further from the reciver and it has required a lot more wire. I also tried to twist the wire to reduce RF interference. The twisting just sort of made everything messy. If you have any recomendations on ways to keep the wires neat please let me know. Mods include:
Brushless eflite 370
Dual tail motor's
Seperate GWS 8amp tail ESC
G90 Gyro
Metal swashplate
Carbon blades (I usally fly woodies though)
I also have added 4 additional shims around the spindle to stifen up the blades. They are extreamly stiff now.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:24 PM
techrtr

Default RE: Blade CP Pro eye candy....

Nice! What's next?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:50 PM
ValVista

Cool! Loox like a fun machine.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:19 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

what is that zip tied under your gyro?

very cool looking
Old 01-05-2007, 04:31 PM
jent

Thx for all the nice comments......

ORIGINAL: techrtr
What's next?
Probably a Century 3d Pro....but I plan to always have the CP

ORIGINAL: thestratcat
what is that zip tied under your gyro?
That is the ESC for the tail....I put it at the rear of the heli to try and reduce the interferance next to the reciver. It only weighs 10grams but weight balance with the canopy and the battery is perfect. The other reason I put it at the rear is that when I had everything at the nose it was harder to put on and take off the canopy. Only down side is it looks kinda bad, not all enclosed and hidden.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:58 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

you've got esc's for your main rotor and a seperate one for the tail rotor?

man, I picked the wrong section of the hobby to play in, I'm running (not walking) back to my monster truck!!!

Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Jellyson

Very nice looking bird! Is that the microheli tail fin, or the GWS one?
And I see you are using the dual tail motors?
Looks good. You might also like to try the DD tail motor system, it weighs a bit less and performs better.
Nicely done photos too, keep them coming.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:12 PM
jent

ORIGINAL: Jellyson

Very nice looking bird! Is that the microheli tail fin, or the GWS one?
And I see you are using the dual tail motors?
Looks good. You might also like to try the DD tail motor system, it weighs a bit less and performs better.
That is the microheli tail fin and dual motor mount. The reason I used the micro heli fin is because I like the more robust mount but it has no guard. So you sorta have to use there fin. At least the fin screws directly into the mount so you don't have a seperate bracket or screws for it (heavy enough already).

Also I went serperate tail ESC to eventually do a DD brushless tail. Although I am seeing very impressive power gains just with the GWS ESC so I might hold off for a while.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Truglodite

nice heli jent. just eye candy to us, but i bet you really appreciate all the extras when you're flying. you keep her nice and clean too. nice pics btw.

c'mon jent, you know a gold brushless would look nice on the tail.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Enticer

[/quote]
That is the ESC for the tail....I put it at the rear of the heli to try and reduce the interferance next to the reciver. [/quote]

Are you not concerned about the main motor ESC that you have against the RX?
Old 01-06-2007, 01:38 PM
jent

ORIGINAL: Enticer
Are you not concerned about the main motor ESC that you have against the RX?
I am, and I am still getting random glitches (one reason I moved all the electronics).....at this point I am wondering if I have a failed reciver. The reason the brushless ESC is right there is because I could not think of a good place to put it otherwise. Again open to suggestions.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:54 PM
labmonkey

sweeeeet!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Jellyson

Hey labmonkey!
I'm getting on a train for San Antonio tomorrow night.
I like your handle--By some strange coincidence I used to work at SFRE, now called the SFBMR, out at the baboon cages, what a long strange trip that was!

jent you might try the ferrite ring thing, put the esc-to-radio lead several times thru a ferrite ring, it acts as a low-pass filter to filter out the glitchiness, it is supposed to work, maybe it will work for you.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:50 PM
jent

jent you might try the ferrite ring thing, put the esc-to-radio lead several times thru a ferrite ring, it acts as a low-pass filter to filter out the glitchiness, it is supposed to work, maybe it will work for you.
Intresting idea and I am willing to try for sure....One question is it alright having the magnet for the ring right next to the motor? It would be seperated only by the heat sink.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Jellyson

ORIGINAL: jent

Intresting idea and I am willing to try for sure....One question is it alright having the magnet for the ring right next to the motor? It would be seperated only by the heat sink.
I don't think the ring will have a magnet? I just have a bunch of them at the lab where I work, we use them for similar applications, no magnets involved, but maybe the ones they sell for helis are different.
Since I use the DX6 system I haven't actually tried one on the helicopter, but as a general rule you want to route the esc lead and also the servo leads and the antenna, away from the motor if possible. Really not too possible on the BCPP, so I at least try to make sure they arent actually _touching_ the motor anyway.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:36 PM
choppersrule

Jent,

Just an awesome job. oh, and the ferrite ring does wonders. I'm retired from the Telephone industry, we used them all the time for interference problems, you may have one on your telephone line and don't know it. Keep up the great work and pics too.

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 01-07-2007, 04:07 AM
rawvoodoo

here is my latest incarnation. Micro heli dual tail, 3800kv outrunner, Microheli bladegrips, aluminum tail boom, esky dual rate HH gyro, DX6

sorry for the blurry pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72428.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	592564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96955.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	592565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20520.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	592566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw64557.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	592567  
Old 01-07-2007, 11:40 AM
jent

I am pretty sure ferrite is a magnet....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite

But I am not sure where to find a ring. I found a huge ferrite core from radio shack:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

But it is a big magnet to be sitting next to the motor. I flew this morning and it seemed to fly okay with the core next to the motor but there is a definate loss of power and the battery lasted just over half as long as it normally does.

No glitches though, so maybe this will help. Anyone know where I can get some smaller rings? I was thinking if I could get one smaller snap ring to just put around all the servo cables going into the reciver....that might help a lot. I did it with the one I linked you to but it is just too big for the little heli.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Jellyson

Some magnets are made of special ferrites, sure, but the neat thing about ferrites is that they usually do not become magnetized, they just sort of suck up the magnetic energy caused by changing currents in the wire.
You can trust me on this, I do it for a living.
In fact I am about to go out to the lab and help our ceramicist whip up a batch of very special ferrite for a top-secret project.
I could tell you about it, but then I would have to....you know.
I've seen the little ferrite rings advertised on this very website. If you search you will find.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Jellyson

If you go back to RS, you might be able to find an "RF choke" wound on a ferrite ring like you want. Should be about the size of a nickel, like a ring, with wire wound on it. Take the wire off so the ring is naked and stick your esc-to-radio lead thru the ring several times, like 5.

That thing you have is for computers and must weigh like 2 ounces or something, no wonder your battery runs down.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Jellyson

This is what you want:
http://image.rcuniverse.com/forum/up...39/In26198.jpg
Old 01-07-2007, 02:52 PM
choppersrule

Jent,

Here's a website for the ferrite ring, $2.29. about half way down the page: http://www.techmodelproducts.com/trex_acc.php

Dave / Choppersrule

ORIGINAL: jent

I am pretty sure ferrite is a magnet....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite

But I am not sure where to find a ring. I found a huge ferrite core from radio shack:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

But it is a big magnet to be sitting next to the motor. I flew this morning and it seemed to fly okay with the core next to the motor but there is a definate loss of power and the battery lasted just over half as long as it normally does.

No glitches though, so maybe this will help. Anyone know where I can get some smaller rings? I was thinking if I could get one smaller snap ring to just put around all the servo cables going into the reciver....that might help a lot. I did it with the one I linked you to but it is just too big for the little heli.