Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

dual motor / CG issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:27 PM
vortex05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual motor / CG issues

The dual motor is significantly heavier than the single motor system. My issue right now is with a offset CG what have you guys used to correct for the new offset CG with a dual tail motor?

I've also noticed how much heavier the tail is now which makes it difficult to turn.... I'm contemplating going back to the old config.

durable maybe but performance wise dual tails don't seem to cut it.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:54 PM
lanny2003

Default RE: dual motor / CG issues

Just move the batt as far forward as it will go. That balanced mine good.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Truglodite

when i installed a heavier tail, my tp910 lipo was flopping around loosely on the rubber bands after i shifted it far forward past the stock location to balance the heli. to add support and move the rubber bands farther forward, i extended the cf rods in the front with an inch of 2mm ID cf tubing ca'd to either side. now if i need to, i can get my tp910 completely inside the body (stock cp/cpp body & frame), plus another 1/4" forward from that. that should be enough to balance duals even with a lighter weight battery.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:01 PM
vortex05

I'm sorry I'm not quite sure what you have done I bought the PCB tail from someone on this forum through ebay.

The tail is heavy that I can't get it level when I place my battery full forward. I can't figure out what would be a good place to CA this extension you speak of.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:08 PM
vortex05

I played around with the extension for a bit and I've determined the only place I can put it to balance out everything is so far I can no longer get the canopy on....
Old 02-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Truglodite

the battery support tray on the cp has two 2mm cf sticks that protrude out the front of the heli when the body is off (the ones you put your rubberbands on). those are the sticks that need to be longer to hold the battery farther forward.

cut 2 extensions (1" to 1.5" long) out of a peice of hollow cf tubing. the cf tube i used is not exactly 2mm inside diameter, it is slightly greater; doesn't have to be exact as long as it slides on and can be secured with ca glue. to install the extensions, just squirt a drop of ca in the end of the tubes, and slide them on, let dry,... done. the longer rods should help support the battery in a far forward position. if you need more supports near the front of the battery, you can also move the front rubberband farther forward on the extensions.

my heli is balanced with the rear of my tp910 positioned 1/4" forward of the front landing gear struts. with my extention rods in place, my battery stays secured in its position throughout any aerobatics or minor crashes.

[edit: weird that your canopy no longer fits. i'm running a long can brushless geared tail, which is pretty stinking heavy. it balances fine like i said. the battery does barely near touch the front sides of the canopy, but i haven't had any problems with it like that yet. maybe you'll need a heavier battery to balance it out. doh!]