Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

blade balance

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 05:15 AM
eightoate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade balance

Just my assumption, I'm hoping someone can confirm this for me, I have a blade cx2, I've notice after my blades take some abuse and get a few chips in them. does this cause my shaft to vibrate? It seems to get better after I replace the blades. can any body confirm this for me Thanxs Eight[&:]
Old 08-26-2007, 06:35 AM
eightoate

Default RE: blade balance

I also just looked for the stronger blades on the miracle mart web site, but could not find them for the cx2[sm=confused.gif]
What should i be looking for?
Old 08-26-2007, 06:36 AM
soloboss

Oh yes, you ran face first smack into that one, Eight.
When you have a heli that weighs about what a box of air weighs, and the power comes from those little motors with big gears and you have the rotors of a Coaxial heli, EVERYTHING is a big deal. So, will the heli fly that way? Of course it will. But do you want to fly a heli that shakes, is hard to control and eats batteries? Of course not.

I see you are new to this forum and new to the Blade CX/CX2 helis. I have a paper that was put on line by some extremely helpful guys, so this is a combined effort for the use and enjoyment of all who need a little more insight into these great little helis. Below is the location, and maybe you will find some information to lower your frustrations. It's an easy read and some actually find it helpful!

This will get you there; http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in..._and_CX2_Setup

And by all means, ask away as you get stuck or just want general information. This is a hard group to stump.

We are all students
We are all teachers
We are the collective
You too will be assimilated

Har har har!

Soloboss
Old 08-26-2007, 06:41 AM
soloboss

Ummm, you might try looking for Stronger Blades.
Sorry. I couldn't resist. I still use the stock blades and haven't been to that site to look.
I'm up early poking around , like you, and I'm just being my irritating self.

Have a good day in WPB.
Soloboss
Old 08-26-2007, 07:01 AM
eightoate

Thanxs a million Solo, I am new, but never frustrated. Its a whole new learning experience for me. And I find this Hobby quiet enjoyable.
After studying that site, I thing I need to upgrade my "blade holders" that will adapt to the stronger blades. Thanks so much again. Most Helpful.
This forum will be hearing much more of my experances
Old 08-26-2007, 09:08 AM
selime

Eight...here is what I have found also being a brand new heli guy. Soloboss's article, expecially the section about blade balance is of the utmost importance. When you replace a blade ALWAYS pull the other off and make sure the two are in balance. It only takes a second and is well worth the effort. I have just tried the electrical tape suggestion on the outer end of the blades{half on the top half on the bottom} to protect them slightly from nicks. I first did the lower blades and checked for an upset in balance, by this I mean rotational balance...no difference..then did the upper blades...no change in the little ship what so ever..super smooth!! I have progressed to the point where replaceing blades is not happening so often. I use stock blades and an aluminium upper rotor head...hope this helps...Steve
Old 08-26-2007, 02:38 PM
mrasmm

eight, you look for those blades under the lama v3 or v4, and i think they are on the second or 3rd page out of five. If you can't find them with that info PM me or something and I'll give you the direct link