Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Free to good home receiver and 3in1

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Free to good home receiver and 3in1

Old 01-02-2008, 09:37 PM
stinknugget
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free to good home receiver and 3in1

Does anyone want a 3in1 and the spectrum ar6100e receiver? Read my other post titled BIG TROUBLE. JUst answer me this question. Will the 4in1 work with the tx i have? MY blade came with the 3in1 and seperate receiver. Im just making sure before i order the 4in1. I don't know if there broken or not and i don't have the tie or the patience to figure it out. Let me know if you need one or both of these things. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
DirftTech

Default RE: Free to good home receiver and 3in1

yes the 4-in-1 will work with your transmitter. All you have to do is bind it to the transmitter with the bind plug that will come with the 4-in-1. Here is the link for the exact thing you need.
[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1024]http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1024[/link]
Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 PM
eat2muchrice

......I'll take it if its getting in your way .
Old 01-02-2008, 10:57 PM
powerlinked

[image
Old 01-02-2008, 11:17 PM
powerlinked

ORIGINAL: stinknugget

Does anyone want a 3in1 and the spectrum ar6100e receiver? Read my other post titled BIG TROUBLE. JUst answer me this question. Will the 4in1 work with the tx i have? MY blade came with the 3in1 and seperate receiver. Im just making sure before i order the 4in1. I don't know if there broken or not and i don't have the tie or the patience to figure it out. Let me know if you need one or both of these things. Thanks.
Stinknugget,

The transmitter that you have will work with a 4in1. When you buy a new 4in1, it will come with a bind plug and it will be easy to set up. Just plug the bind plug in to the topmost part of the 4in1 (where the servos are plugged) and power up your cx2. The orange light will blink rapidly. Then you turn on the transmitter and it should lock without a problem. Make sure you remove the bind plug or it will go into bind mode again whenever you power up. Also take note that this is the only time that you are supposed to power up the cx2 before the transmitter. [:@] I had the unforgetable incident once whereinI was tinkering with the leds in my cx2 and it suddenly went up full force to my ceiling even while the transmitter was off. Good thing I was indoors!!! The only way I was able to stop it was when the rotors broke and it fell to the ground.

I also found a website that offers free shipping if you order $50 or more. Here's the link for the exact part that you need. It is tax free unless you live in Illinois. http://www.advantagehobby.com/produc...&cat=98&page=1

I burned my 4 in 1 in my first CX2 and have always wondered if the 3 in 1 will be better. Mine got fried after I inserted the battery the wrong way, not noticing a crack in the female adapter of the 4in1 for the battery. All I noticed was that the motor started running and in about 3 seconds, a cloud of smoke and the smell of burnt electronics. I yanked the cord but it was too late. It did not even light up afterwards.. Another lesson learned here...do not plug it unless you are sure the polarity is correct!!!

I feel burdened by having to buy a $60 receiver so I went to look around in ebay and bought a used cx2 for $100. I have parked the original cx2 in my hall of fame museum since then...I did have a lot of fun before I retired it. (see the following vids.. )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkm516IYsbQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OVDI0WTrpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0AjG_4Qr4Y

If you are giving the 3in 1 and the AR receiver away, I'll be happy to experiment with it ( I will need both to try to get it to work) , and possibly resurrect my 1st cx2. I am not at all familiar with the 3in 1. You described it as "busted"...do u mean physically or only the function. How does the heli behave? I heard the 3 in 1 is better with regards to being more stable.

There is another topic wherein there is an actual contest (for fun and bragging rights) at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_66..._1/key_/tm.htm to see how long can you fly your cx or cx2 hands free. I used my second cx2 to submit an entry. Check this out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3fZ-nDmpds
I'm wondering if the newer 3in1 setup will mean a more stable hover. Anyone with ideas?[sm=confused.gif][sm=49_49.gif]
Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 AM
healthyfatboy

I don't know if the Tx will work with the 4-in-1 but there's no reason that it shouldn't if you have the correct crystals for the Tx and the receiver in the 4-in-1.
Also, the 3-in-1 will not work in a CX/2 because it uses different mixing than the CP and needs a bigger MOSFET for the second motor. The 3-in-1 should have an ESC for the tail motor of a CP but that takes less current than a CX motor so a CX motor will most likely burn out your 3-in-1.

If you are giving things away, I would like the 6100e and could use the 3-in-1 if it's not broken. Send me a PM and let me know!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:57 PM
powerlinked

Hey Stinknugget...do you have a blade cx2 or a cp?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:12 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: powerlinked

Hey Stinknugget...do you have a blade cx2 or a cp?

Powerlinked--

He has a CX2....Your on the right track with your previous post...Lol.. My CX2 is the first version which has the 4 in 1, instead of the newer versions which carry the 3 in 1 with the AR6100e receiver... Never had a problem with the 4 in 1 yet, even been running my CPP 3 cell in it for 4 months...

Have a good one,

-- Jeff

Old 01-03-2008, 08:17 PM
stinknugget
My Feedback: (1)

Excellent. Thanks for the help guys. I am working on my heli as we speak, hopefully ill get in a test flight before bed tonight. I could be a ***** and say ill be pming the winner of my broken parts, but ill be honest, powerlinked's post was extremely informative and im giving the set to him. I got some broken blades for the runners up.....j/k .....Thanks again all.