Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

$56.00 in damage to my blade cx2

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

$56.00 in damage to my blade cx2

Old 01-20-2008, 07:50 PM
sportrider_fz6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $56.00 in damage to my blade cx2

this morning was another good fly day, no noticeable wind. so I took the bcx2 outside. after yesturdays successful high altitude flights I wanted to go there up again. I had it maybe 200ft in the air and tried to make an aggressive turn and watched in horror as the heli started to fall like a rock. as it got lower I could see two rotor blades falling slowly behind it. with nothing I could do I watched it smash into the ground nose first. it looked like it had shattered. the front of the body was in so many pieces, only one of the sides were still attached with the body mounts. the battery was laying beside it, battery mount broken off the main frame. the tail section was torn half way down the body. inner and outer shaft bent noticably. fly bar bent, upper blades cracked. lower blades missing, they had sheered off just past the hub. what a bummer!!! they were new blades too, must have had a defect. anyone else ever throw a blade without hitting anything? so the end result $56.00 in parts for repairs, and now I have the marine body!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66132.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	856377  
Old 01-20-2008, 08:09 PM
RMG2

Default RE: $56.00 in damage to my blade cx2

OUCH! I didn't think it was possible to scatter a CX2 that badly[]
Old 01-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Big Green Machine

Looks like you had the upper blades hit the lowers. It's called blade clack. It happens when you turn aggressively and is not that uncommon. A good way to lower the chances of that, other than flying less agressively, is to trim the weight of the flybar. You can try it out by preying the weights out of the rubber ends. Ultimately though you want to shorten it as well. If you keep buring threw bodies you may want to consider a carbon fiber boom as well. It costs nearly the same and won't shatter everytime you land hard.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 PM
PYRO513

I see your problem.....you had 5 blades on it.
D.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:33 PM
sportrider_fz6

ahhh the misterious 5th blade... sorry I was just collecting the wreckage and must of set another broken blade on the ground.
it's all fixed and flying good again!!! here are some pics with the new body kit on it.

P.S. thanks for the info on "blade clacking" I didn't know about that, I was still wondering how that happened. next time I'll be smoother with the stick input and try and keep her together. my wife will start to frown on me if every outdoor flight ends with a trip to the hobby shop.

Name:	Ay74445.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	856507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99728.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	856508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20770.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	856509  
Old 01-21-2008, 04:29 AM
TheTruckingGuru

Wow that is looking great now. Where did you did get the body and replacement parts?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:52 AM
xyster101

If you plan on flying outside you need to stop by boomtownhobbies.com and get some parts:

Super skids - will never break
Xtreme blade- fold when you crash
Soloboss Flybar Mod- search for it and see my pics
Xtreme extended head- 5mm taller head for less blade clack
Carbon Fiber tail boom- will no break and only $20
Xtreme body- will break but only $8 instead of $14 for the stock nose

Eflite charges a lot for replacement parts. This will set you back a good $75 but it will be steps towards a new look, crash proof, and easier fixes. Don't go outside with the stock fly bar and body. The stock body catches wind easy and the stock flybar slows down any reaction time. Also move the servo links out one hole from stock for faster stronger response time.

Name:	Mj24694.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	856817  
Old 01-21-2008, 05:32 PM
sportrider_fz6

I got the parts at uncle dons hobbies in palm desert, the body is an e-flite replacement. it cost $29.00 vs $26.00 for the OEM one. it has a matte finish so it's not glossy like the stock one. it feels a little thicker then the stock body so if I don't slam it again maybe it hold up a little better then the other one. plus now it looks like a Gunship!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:48 PM
xyster101

Cover the inside with clear packing tape too, this will help keep it from breaking.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 PM
againstthedevil

well it looks like the foam landing gear didn't help on that crash . But on the bright side it totally looks cooler now.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:10 PM
goldslinger

Dang!

Did You have to use a fire extinguisher for that one?

I didn't know a CX-2 came in kit form.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:28 PM
sportrider_fz6

ORIGINAL: goldslinger

Dang!

Did You have to use a fire extinguisher for that one?

I didn't know a CX-2 came in kit form.
LOL[sm=lol.gif] I thought I'd do everyone a favor and show an exploded veiw of the CX2 just so everyone could see whats inside.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:30 PM
RLTW

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Co-Axil 200 feet UP^, Dang...... I had no idea that those things would go that high. How for the love of Mike did ya see the thing way up thar? Woppers......

Sorry for your loss but thanks for sharing the story and especially the Pics. When I BANG-UP my chopper I'll return the favor.
Good luck with the new one, that is a really awesome color btw.
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2008, 09:55 PM
sportrider_fz6

I had the training gear on, it really helped as a reference to see it when it was high up. as you can see from the damage it didn't help from falling from that high (dang blade clack)
Old 01-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Coyote64

Another tip to completely remove blade clapping alltogether is purchase the Dynam Vortex V2 inner shaft, its much longer than the stock cx2 but fits with no mods

Then add the Vortex flybar (which i havent done yet ) but people that have have stated its much better
Old 01-26-2008, 08:11 AM
pilot error

Awe man that was a nasty tumble from the air up there, glad it bounced back, good job!
I recomend the "white extreme blades", they are so much tougher than the stock!

Name:	Qo39717.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	861375  
Old 01-26-2008, 09:09 PM
sportrider_fz6

I looked at the boomtown hobbies website, I think I might be ordering the extreme blade grips and blades. does anyone know if the vortex extended inner shaft is compatable with the e-flite aluminum upper rotor head or if I'll have to buy the vortex upper rotor head also? I may be ordering the CF tailboom also, I've already got a small crack in my new body caused by a hard landing that finished off my battery tray. the scotch tape trick someone told me worked like a charm, but I can already see the righting on the wall so I think I'm going to go for the tail boom to save money in the long run... as well as the aluminum battery tray!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:43 PM
ArrowNaughtic

On my CX2 I removed the Vortex upper head and installed the aluminum upper head from my Eflite inner shaft. I would think that if ya wanted to stick with stock for now just remove the Vortex upper any way ya like and gently remove the Eflite one using a little care and caution and CA it onto the Vortex inner. I bought the inner and outer vortex shafts as well as the flybar and installed all 3 on mine........No blade clack and was a simple but not drop in replacement. www.BPHobbies.com has all the partsw for like 12 bucks with shipping. Inner and outer and Flybar........

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Coyote64

The aluminum rotor head does fit perfectly on the vortex inner shaft, the plastic rotor head pulls off but be carefull not to bend shaft.

There will be a flat spot in the shaft when the plastic heads off which lines up perfectly with the screw off the aluminum rotor head
Old 02-25-2008, 10:48 PM
speeddemon370

Nice crash by the way. The way I solved rotor clack is by cutting the flybar down (usually just where the bent hooks end) you don't want to cut it too far initially or it'll feel like a completely different heli and depending on you're experience potentially impossible to fly. Put on those locking collars you can buy at your lhs for very cheap. That way you can expirement with weight and as you're maneuvers get more agressive you can tune the responsiveness of your heli. Just remembor that performance and stability are in a direct ratio. Shorter flybar with less weights equals better performance but way less stability and vice versa. This mod is definately the cheapest and the best way (in my opinion) to alleviate rotor clack. As a bonus the heli dosen't seem to stall during agressive maneuvers and flight time is increased due to less weight in the "drivetrain" and the overall reduction in drag caused by the upper rotors countering the lower.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:49 AM
CX2DUDE

I have a Q: maybe some one can help me out ... I need to know ether what size it is so I can get them or just a link to a place to get them ...

I am looking for the screws on the collar and the gear from the cx2 the lil. Phillips ones 2 on the bottom gear and 1 on the collar of the outer shaft ... I know I can get them when I buy replacement gears and or the collar but I am tired of losing them [] there are so dam small [:@] ... and I want to just buy a box or bag of just the screws to have when I need them... there is a lot of places on the net that sell screws nuts and bolts but to order them one needs to know the type and size of them[] ...

if anyone can help me with the size reading or just a link to a place with them would sure be great...
Old 02-28-2008, 06:48 AM
H3li

I'm starting to wonder how you managed to get your CX2 to fly that high with the training gear stuck to the bottom?

Reason I say this, I recently tried connecting a MINIATURE Cam to the bottom of my CX2, and the bird found it difficult lifting off the ground. Flying, changing altitude or direction, and the CX2 would slowly descend down to the ground, as the extra weight was just too much for it!

I am also thinking about the Extreme 180 motors - but it would now be pointless, as Im also condidering a new Heli anyway, so will strap my Cam to that instead
Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
sportrider_fz6

I don't know what your camera weighs but training gear weighs next to nothing. I've never had a problem with the CX2 climbing. if you search you tube there are alot of vids of people flying the CX2 at high altitudes. some with cameras on. if your having a problem getting lift check your rotor blades maybe there warped.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:06 AM
pilot error

Hey cx dude, you should search your e-bay for a cx2 screw set... something like this..
[link=http://cgi.ebay.ie/E-FLITE-EFLH1225-HARDWARE-SCREW-SET-BLADE-CX-CX2-NIB_W0QQitemZ290209933537QQihZ019QQcategoryZ34056Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638 .m122]CX2 screw set[/link]

I just got the co-comanche body to see what it looks like on my cx2... not bad, better when i painted it matt black tho lol

Name:	Eb87034.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	890756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12453.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	890757  
Old 02-28-2008, 03:06 PM
CX2DUDE

WOW just under 20.00 bucks for 4 of them this is what i am trying to avoid ... i want to buy a bag or box of them only ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.