Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:05 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

sounds like you are getting far with the helicopter glenn, can't wait to see it when its done, just was flying the walker 4#3b, getting some practice with nose in, but im soo tired I had to call it a night due to two crashes, no damage but I can't afford any more spare parts right now after spending about 250 in the last week lol
Old 11-09-2008, 08:11 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Sounds good to me...so let's get all the bags out..... LOL!!

The TT tail scares me a bit too...I am just wondering which gears blow out in a tail strike. It looks like the rear gears are a hot item on Helidirect, so those are probaby what goes first. I may get a set just to be safe.

But don't let the install bother you, it was very easy, once you understand what you need to do.

Back to the build!

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 08:12 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Thanks! Yeah, it's coming along. Hope to have most of the heli built tonight, minus electronics.

Yeah, tell me about being broke! And I'm gonna order another $150 worth of stuff tonight!!

Let us know how you do with the DX6i when you get rested up...

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 08:37 PM
HeliStyle

I deff will, I just tracked my parts for the wasp v3, and they will be here tommorrw, so it will pretty much will get rebulit this week, and im going to pick up the servos this week as well, we shall see though 60-70 hours a week of work no fun at all
Old 11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
rotarydoc

Guys,

Here's the tail, completed, and ready to go on!

Jeff, this assembly is so free and smooth spinning, you would be drooling! Very, very smooth and friction free!

Nice stuff!

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71855.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1069086  
Old 11-09-2008, 08:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Man that looks sweet...! I can't wait to get there.... Well bad things may start to happen... I'am tinkering with the rotor housing currently for the first step !....LMAO...[8D] It really wouldn't be that bad just to make sure there is no missing fasteners and such eh ?!

Nick ~

Thought of ya when I saw this banner : [8D][8D]

Old 11-09-2008, 08:57 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

This thing didn't look THIS BIG in the store!!!! LMAO!!

It barely fits on the work table!! Holy crap!!

It's coming around now....gotta take a break for a few...

Talk to you guys in a bit...

Glenn

Name:	Ay75237.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1069107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61032.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1069108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92927.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1069109  
Old 11-09-2008, 09:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Your 500 is looking good.

Jeff,

I was watching the T-Rex 700E on youtube and those things are awsome. Too bad they cost so much.

I was also watching Finless video on setting up the G770 gyro, but I keep getting distracted and I only got through half of the first video.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 09:09 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks, it's finally looking like a helicopter now...

One of the guys at Hobby Hangar has a 700...and he loves it. There is something to be said for being able to fly almost as long as you want, provided you have enough fuel, and receiver packs...

Gotta go do some things...be back in a bit...

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 09:13 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

The manual has me installing the servos before the main gear and such...I am wondering if I should do them next, before I put the main gear and rotor head on? Thinking I'll have more room to work...

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 09:16 PM
HeliStyle

I see the blade 400 canopies collecting dust already lol
Old 11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Jeff,

This thing didn't look THIS BIG in the store!!!! LMAO!!

It barely fits on the work table!! Holy crap!!

It's coming around now....gotta take a break for a few...

Talk to you guys in a bit...

Glenn

Nick ~

Shoot.... I'll have to check out those vids of the 700E...!

Glenn ~

Heh.... At least you got a work bench..!!! I'am stuck on the floor here while I'am stuck in this small studio ! Once I get back home to Washington, the first thing I'am going to do is open my garage door, kiss the ground, hug all my tools, and reflect for a moment on how much I miss my work station and such !... I'am running a temporary transportable work station here...LMAO... But the cool thing though.... I don't have to worry about dropping a tiny screw from the workbench... Pretty sweet in that aspect I guess...

I'am starting on the head right now.. On step 2... LOL... Gotta eat something first though, then off to play on it for a bit at least...

Old 11-09-2008, 09:23 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

I see the blade 400 canopies collecting dust already lol

LMAO.... Yeah huh..?!...Hey Glenn, I bet Heli would keep one of those canopy's clean if ya send the rest of the heli his way...!....[8D]
Old 11-09-2008, 09:28 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I put the servos in before I installed the rotor head. I left the mainshaft, main gear, and swashplate in place during that so I could put my swashplate leveling tool on. Then I leveled the swashplate at bottom, mid, and top stick. After I did that I then put the rest of the head assembly on.

Jeff,

Cool to hear you are working on the head assembly. I have to check my 450 grips out because I can rock them by hand. I think the dampners are worn out. I checked the spindle screws before and they are still tight, so I don't have to worry about the grips coming off in flight, but it probably doesn't help the way it flies.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 09:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah I just put new ones on the 450 last week... Just for a good measure... I need to order some more now that I think about it. Not really sure if the Truebloods will fit the rotor housing since its Microheli, but maybe I'll order a set of those to see also I guess...

Yeah when I was at the LHS yesterday picking up the torque tube I glanced at the wall and couldn't believe how huge the tailboom was for the 700 ! Geez... You could use that thing as a crowbar, or a baseball bat even.... It would probably take just a 3-cell just to lift the boom alone...LOL...

~ Jeff
Old 11-09-2008, 09:43 PM
HeliStyle

lol I promise I will, send one on over, ill clean it everyday
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

Cool to hear you are working on the head assembly.

Yeah but I'am not going to be doing much tonight, as right now I stopped and am downloading all the build videos for the 500 off Heli-Freak right now from ol' Bob... I download them, and then save them as I also did for the 450 and even the 600 for my dad before... So that will take a bit right there... But I'll have during the week to continue on the 500, its just that I'am pretty tired when I get home so progress will be slow, but it will keep me out of trouble, and from torturing the MCX and Vapors for a bit I guess also.

~ Jeff
Old 11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I just got done watching the setup videos for the G770 by Finless. I don't see why people are saying it is hard to setup because it is just like a 401 or any other kind of gyro. I am more worried about the Logictech for the Gaui since you have to program the gyro.

I really like the True blood dampners for the 450. They have two different kinds one for the SE model and down and one for the SEV2. They come in a pack of 4 at a decent price.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 10:18 PM
evdreamer

I just looked at my balancers for the 450 batteries and they are going insane. The last time they did that the E-Flite and Flight Power batteries puffed. So I stopped the charging and I am letting them balance out. I like not having to worry about my 600 pack and I forgot how much attention I need for the LiPo batteries.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:26 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I guess I should do the servos next...just kinda wanted to see it with the head on...have to be patient I guess! Sorry, I misread your post about the 700's...missed the "E" part...I though you were maybe changing your position on a nitro there for a minute!

Heli,

In fact the B400's are collecting dust...but for how long, we'll have to see...probably after about the first or second battery pack in the 500...and then I'll be desperate enough...I'll NEED BATTERIES!! LOL!!!

Hmmmm, JPEE sure has been quiet....he MUST be up to something...that's what usually happens when he's quiet like this...LOL!!!

Well, let me see what I can work on next. I also have to order a battery, and some spare blades and tail gears for the 500 tonight....

Nick, sorry to hear about the Lipos...yeah, nice not to have to worry as much about the A123's.

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 10:30 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Apparently, the gears that blow on contact with the ground on the TT is the rear set....they are $10.99 a set...not too bad, but I wouldn't want to make a habit of it...LOL

Nick,

I was reading on HF that a guy with a TT 500 was saying that we should drill a small hole in the side of the tailboom mount, and secure the boom with a very short self tapping screw...since there is nothing to keep the boom from working loose and pulling back somewhat other than the friction of the mount clamping it...I don't know about all that? Maybe he speaks from experience though...never know.

Be back....

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 10:30 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

I just looked at my balancers for the 450 batteries and they are going insane. The last time they did that the E-Flite and Flight Power batteries puffed. So I stopped the charging and I am letting them balance out. I like not having to worry about my 600 pack and I forgot how much attention I need for the LiPo batteries.

Yeah huh ? You've had the worst luck with those lipos huh ? I've been so lucky... (knock on wood) I even have my stock CPP and CX2 batteries that are almost a year and a half old, and have even been stored for about 6 months fully charged like your not supposed to, and they still perform fine with good flight times... Weird huh ? I've never had a lipo failure yet or one puff even with the Trex 450 3-cells, and those have been stored for about the same time frame before, which was about 5 months for those, as I took that long break from the RC's for 5 months as you recall from January to about June or so... They were all charged, and still to this day on the Accu-Cycle Elite charger, which you have the same one, but using a Common-Sense Blinky for balancing them... It will be fun now though to use my TP charger to see how well it does... I still need to fork over the $95.00 for the balancer part, but the Blinky's still will balance up to a 6-cell, and I have the adapter for the TP batts already... For now, it will work and I've had such great results from it also...

I did have one battery failure with the MCX, but that was the cause of the stock RTF charger I was using, but now I use the Accu-Cycle for that...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Name:	Wu60097.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1069171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17848.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1069172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns43871.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1069173  
Old 11-09-2008, 10:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

As a matter of fact I still even use that TP batt above in my Trex to this day, and it still offers the same flight times as when it was new, and its a little over a year old now... CRAZY... That's why I'am sold on TP batteries in general, as you pay for what ya get....

~ Jeff
Old 11-09-2008, 10:55 PM
J-MICHAEL

Since I most likely won't be doing 3-D with the 500, I'am so tempted..........

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=7674

Old 11-09-2008, 11:11 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

I guess I should do the servos next...just kinda wanted to see it with the head on...have to be patient I guess! Sorry, I misread your post about the 700's...missed the "E" part...I though you were maybe changing your position on a nitro there for a minute!
Glenn,

Thats ok. I don't think my FP balancers can keep up with my charger and I am not even charging at 1C. I have noticed on the TP charger that its balancer can't keep up with 2C charging. But that is fine because the A123's still do fine with an imbalance. My 600 was designed with a little screw to screw on top of the boom, but it doesn't go through it. But other than that I haven't had any problems with the boom coming out. You could make a mark on the boom and if it starts to come out you could put it back in and tighten the screws down some more.

Jeff,

I just put the new dampners in the 450. The old Truebloods were starting to become soft. But one blade still can tilt up and down. I am almost wondering if the ID of the bearings in the grips was enlarged some. Maybe from my last crash, but I can't remember if the grip was like that before the crash or not.

My balancers are still going and can't get the cells balanced. I forgot I could use my TP charger which I might do here in a second.

That is a cool fuselage. I almost did that to my 450, but I changed my mind and wanted to do 3D once I got a taste of it.

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.