Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:27 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE ~

Very interesting you tried a loop with how your heli is set-up ! I've always wondered...... Reason being, is I have my Trex set-up the same way.... Low stick, 0 pitch not set-up for 3-D as it wasn't to appealing for me back when I set it up awhile back... Now that I'am learning forward flight more, I'll probally set up the heli where I'll be at 0 pitch mid-stick in the months to come maybe... I just felt a helicopter should fly upright the way it was designed, but now that I'am progressing, I need to eventually learn the 3-D as in case something nasty happens in the skies, I will need that ability to correct and recover the chopper. Eventually I hope to have most of the heli's in fuselages for a more scale like effect, but having 1 or so designed for 3-D....

I've only tried 3 types of batts so far with my Trex... The two better ones being the Thunder-Power's, and the Air-Thunder's... I have two of each. I'am VERY impressed with there performance, and two are about a year old and look like they are still new with no puffing and the same performance as when I bought them. The other two are still somewhat new, but I see there success will follow the originals also. I've even ran them down more than you should a couple times and putting back even 2028 mah back into the 2200 Air-Thunder batt with no problems. Same with the TP batt....One time 2004 mah back into the TP 2100 mah. I believe there both very conservative with there numbers.... The Air-Thunder's are a little heavier, but will give you great stability with the little bit of extra weight.... But might affect the 3-D maneuvers because of the weight... My next battery selection will be what Nick described, and that is going to be the V2 version of the TP batts. My TP batts I have now, are just 2100 mah 15C batts... The Air-Thunder's are 2200 mah 25C batts, and they both perform EXACTLY equal ! The TP's are lighter with a lower 'C' rating, but the Air-Thunder's are heavier with a 25C rating...

I'am looking forward to trying the V2 version of Thunder-Power simply because you get that killer 'C' rating, along with the light weight ! So there will be my Trex on steroids with the proper set-up that goes along with that also... My plan is to get those batts, running my $160.00 Jazz esc, and acquiring still a Neu motor for sick performance.... But I'am still in a learning curve, so that will be awhile possibly for that... I still might install the Jazz esc, for experimental purposes however....

Hope this helps....

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52015.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1035782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34873.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1035783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84595.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1035784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33802.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1035785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60378.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1035786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68607.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1035787  
Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

I'am about 200 miles north of you right now, as you were inquiring.... Right by San Luis Obispo/Pismo beach area.... You can see in the satellite image below, of the marker where I'am at.... It says 'property marker'... and then down by L.A. I see where you are at...

Also, here is my last video of learning forward flight still and the Trex is running on that Air-Thunder battery... Although a little heavier like I said, it still tracks very well. And the customer service is outstanding with Air-Thunder. My dad even revived his Trex 600 6-cell Air-Thunder battery by trickling it in a low-rate with a Nimh charger as recomended by the reps at Air-Thunder.... He drained it to the point so far, the heli wouldn't even get light on the skids....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r10D8KmJxUw

Take care,

~ Jeff

Name:	If10452.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1035818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41379.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1035819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23644.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1035820  
Old 09-18-2008, 08:49 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

1. What is Gods name are you doing on a mountain top above the beach?

2. Great video! But why did your heli just die it looked like and drop like a sparrow?

3. If I am reading you right, the NEW Thunder Power (tp) is the best.

4. Any place you buy from for the best deal?

Your Heli looks VERY stable even close to the ground! !

Smiles JPee

Old 09-19-2008, 01:33 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Jeff,

1. What is Gods name are you doing on a mountain top above the beach?

2. Great video! But why did your heli just die it looked like and drop like a sparrow?

3. If I am reading you right, the NEW Thunder Power (tp) is the best.

4. Any place you buy from for the best deal?

Your Heli looks VERY stable even close to the ground! !

Smiles JPee

Lol.... That's the top of the property ! The one thing it seems in California, is there's hardly anywhere to fly ! All the schools are fenced off, and have locks on the gates, everything seems to be private property and parks are a dream to find...[] I'am used to Washington State, where there are parks every 3 miles just about with huge green fields, where the public schools are not fenced, and open to the public after-hours (we do pay taxes...right ?! ) Its crazy around here ! My dad and me do fly on the weekends at a cul-de-sac where there is a big field surrounding the dead end road, but that's private also... Its just a ranch grassland that we got permission to fly at... I've flown the Trex maybe 5 times in the last month, so I'am looking forward to going home and catching up on my flight times !

The crash at the end is from the morning sun that blinded me, as you can see where I lost sight from it.... That, and also getting a little disoriented from still being in my early stages of learning forward flight... Only damage was a bent main shaft, spindle, stripped main gear, two stripped Jr DS285 nylon gears (Replaced with HS-65MG's all around on the swash), and a bent Microheli CNC head in which a new one is currently en-route from Heli-direct as we speak, and also a flybar... That Microheli CNC is soft stuff compared to the SE V2 CNC from what I've heard, and I believe it !! I landed upright in a bush, and still bent the crap out of it...Lol.. It was already slightly bent from another crash, but I still flew with it but this time it really bent it, and there was no hope left this time !

I can't say what would be the best, that's personal preference there.... But I hear great stories on the TP V2's and the Outrage packs... The LHS here carries both of them so that's where I'd be getting them when I go that route....

Well I've been on Google Earth exploring for new flying sites here in Cali, and also any new ones for when I go back home.... Its cool because when your scrolling through the program, I can use the ZD Soft Recoder to also record my sessions on the Google earth program ! It works for more than just games I see.... Neat !

Well, its 11:30 P.M. here now.... I guess its gonna be another 4 hours of sleep for me again !! I also see Nick still here ! Were the only ones on-line...[8D] Couple of addicted chaps I'd say....

Take care all,

~ Jeff

Old 09-19-2008, 09:44 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah it is hard to break the addiction. Least it is a good addiction.

Nick
Old 09-19-2008, 12:56 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I'm back...I lost my internet connection last night, I thought it was just a temporary outage, but it turned out to be something in my PC that needed a reset. Just got off the phone with the cable company.

All I can say is that an internet connection is a very fragile thing! The TV worked fine, just the internet was out. Reset some stuff using Windows Command line, it's like going into DOS....if you younger guys don't know...there WERE computers before Windows!!!

Anyways, I'll be back online tonight to catch up....LOL

Glenn
Old 09-19-2008, 01:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about your internet. My dad has to use a computer at work that uses DOS because they don't want to give him a new computer.

Nick
Old 09-19-2008, 02:13 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I'm back...I lost my internet connection last night, I thought it was just a temporary outage, but it turned out to be something in my PC that needed a reset. Just got off the phone with the cable company.

All I can say is that an internet connection is a very fragile thing! The TV worked fine, just the internet was out. Reset some stuff using Windows Command line, it's like going into DOS....if you younger guys don't know...there WERE computers before Windows!!!

Anyways, I'll be back online tonight to catch up....LOL

Glenn

Glenn ~

Lol... I remember my first computer was a Commodore 64 ! Then came out the Apple 2 E, and had gotten that.... Crazy how fast technology has evolved.... I remember my first cell phone in 89' in which was stationary in the car.... And also the $1200 phone bill from it !! Didn't take long to figure out every time I checked my messages, I was getting charged air-time...

Just think for our heli's.... What's next ?! I'll tell you flybars will probally be a thing of the past I'am betting in the next few years or so...

Take care, Gotta run into town....(LHS..)

~ Jeff
Old 09-19-2008, 03:36 PM
evdreamer

My parts came today, but to bad I don't have my servo gears yet. I ordered them yesterday through my LHS, but I don't know when they are going to come. But I got free shipping on them.

I don't know why the Rhino batteries weigh the same as the E-Flite one and it has 50mAh less and the Thunder Power weigh 1 gram more than the E-Flite and it has 110 more mAh. Oh well. I did get the Rhino batteries in 8 days from China with the cheap shipping, so that was cool.

Nick

Name:	Vt58626.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1036263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25595.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1036264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64881.jpg
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1036265  
Old 09-20-2008, 08:36 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

3 hours untill I get married lol just checking in to see how everyone is.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:31 AM
evdreamer

You are probably too busy with the wedding to check back in by now, but have fun. And enjoy your honeymoon next week. When you get back, flying should be like riding a bike for you.

Nick
Old 09-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Evan T.

def have fun at the wedding and honeymoon
Old 09-20-2008, 11:54 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

3 hours untill I get married lol just checking in to see how everyone is.
Heli ~

Have a good time at your wedding ! A big day, with memories that will last a lifetime... Hope you get lots of pictures, and I wish ya the best.... So when are ya gonna tell us your name, so I can stop calling ya Heli ?!!... Lol.. Can I call ya Huey, since its similiar ? Well, like Nick said you'll be flying like you haven't had any lost time.... Congratulations....

Nick ~

That's still puzzling to me, that your TP battery above isn't lighter like we would think huh ?.... Weird... Can't wait to see what the diffs are on each one after you have time to give us a mini-review...

Take care everyone,

~ Jeff
Old 09-20-2008, 11:59 AM
evdreamer

Well I just took apart my S60 servo and three of the five gears are stripped. It is probably the same for my other stipped aileron servo. It isn't put together like a normal servo is. The cases are pressed on and held together by a heatshrink like plastic. Good thing I ordered a lot of servo gear sets. I thought you guys might be interested in this.

Nick
Old 09-20-2008, 09:01 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, it's been an interesting day! Hope Heli's wedding went well for him...and he has a great honeymoon.

Nick, that is interesting on the servos, they sound like a pain to work on?

Rob called, and I ended up going up to the field today. It was an interesting and educating experience for me. I got to see a few very cool things...including a couple of big .90's fly, the first time in person. They are very impressive when one sees them up close and in person. Rob's was having fuel issues, but he got it in the air at least. His is an Advant helicopter. The other one I saw fly was an X-Cell .90. It sounded VERY cool flying, with the rotor blades making a very real and loud noise when they were cutting the air hard.

There was a guy with a very large scale like bi-plane, and he was doing a great job of flying it...it was quite cool to see him fly it, I was quite impressed with it for a plane...LOL!

I brought the Quark for Rob to fly, but it was a tad bit windy, and he didn't fly it too long, but seemed pretty impressed with it.

Then I offered him to fly the Gaui, and he took me up on it. It wasn't trimmed very well, as I did a quick job the other night, halfway in the dark. So, we got it trimmed, and he didn't like the gyro settings, so we bumped them up a bit...and it was flying much better. You can tell Rob has been flying helis for a while, within minutes he was flying (and very much enjoying) the Guai very well.

I also found out today that I don't fly well in front of people. Rob asked me to fly the Gaui after we dialed in the gyro...and I managed to fly it into the ground with a minor crash in about 10 seconds flat!! I was just nervous I guess, but it was quite embarassing.

I don't know how comfortable I would be at the field on a day like this....there were probably 10 people there, and if you happen to be the only one flying....you have a bit of an audience. One guy crashed his T-Tex 450....he was way up there, and lost orientation, but almost saved it....and ended up crashing out of sight....but he got really lucky, only a canopy mount broken.

I am starting the Gaui rebuild, and hoping to get it back up in the air tomorrow. It's just the usual stuff, grip screws, bent see saw arms, and a tailboom. I HATE replacing the tailboom on the Gaui!!

Oh well, that about wraps my day up, the one thing I will say it is that it was a gorgeous day for flying, the weather doesn't get much better.

It was very cool of Rob to help me setup the Gaui, and to let my fly (for all of 10 seconds!) He's a very cool guy.

Hope everyone else made it through the day without crashing....

Glenn
Old 09-20-2008, 10:18 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah those Avant heli's are awesome huh ?! That's neat Rob flew your Gaui around, so you can see it in person scooting around the field... Or should I say zipping around the field ?!....Lol..

Have a good one,

~ Jeff

Name:	Hf97747.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1037112  
Old 09-20-2008, 11:07 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I think the Thunder Power battery is light for the capacity.
TP........910mAh 66g 16C continous 24C burst 110mAh and 1g more than E-flite
E-Flite...800mAh 65g 10C
Rhino....750mAh 65g 20C 50mAh less and same weight as E-Flite

I could have given a review today if I was smart enough to order the servo gears at the same time as all my other parts.

Nick
Old 09-20-2008, 11:20 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The S60's are a little faster to work on since there are no screws for it. I broke more gears with the S60's compared to my DS285's.

It sounded like you had a great time at the field. I am still planning on going up to my flying field for an event next Sunday. I hope the wind is calm enough to fly my helicopters or I will have to be a spectator.

Cool to hear Rob liked the Quark, but it seems like everyone who flys it loves that helicopter. Did Rob do any 3D with the Gaui? Sorry to hear you crashed the Gaui. Cool to hear the T-Rex pretty much survived the crash.

Good to hear the Gaui will be flyable soon. I assume the boom takes a long time to install by the way you talk about it?

The weather was great here too, but I slept to late to get any flying in.

Nick
Old 09-20-2008, 11:26 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

I think the Thunder Power battery is light for the capacity.
TP........910mAh 66g 16C continous 24C burst 110mAh and 1g more than E-flite
E-Flite...800mAh 65g 10C
Rhino....750mAh 65g 20C 50mAh less and same weight as E-Flite

I could have given a review today if I was smart enough to order the servo gears at the same time as all my other parts.

Nick

True..... I'am not even close to your flying skill level, so I had to go the heavier more stable route with the CPP.... And this one is 1320 mah...

Name:	Ro41608.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1037182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21338.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1037183  
Old 09-20-2008, 11:38 PM
J-MICHAEL

Well Glenn's not the only one who will be wrenching on his heli tonight..... I got my replacement head for my Trex today.... The silver one got bent severly in the last crash... I had to go blue, as they were out of the silver ones from HeliDirect. I sure love HeliDirect ! They ship so fast EVERYTIME for me... I ordered it Thursday afternoon, and got it today regular mail... It always gets to me 2-3 days everytime... Kudo's to them !

I also was very close to ordering your scale also...Lol.. But I think I'am saving for a Trex 500 so I've been gracious with the funds lately...

Take care Nick........

~ Jeff

Name:	Sq46666.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1037195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22747.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1037196  
Old 09-20-2008, 11:43 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I bet you get some nice flight times with that battery.

I wanted the TP 730mAh, but it didn't have a balance connector and I didn't feel good about that. And I am not familiar with the other light battery option by Hyperion. So I went for the capacity of the TP 910mAh since it was only 1g more.

Nick
Old 09-21-2008, 12:02 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am just wondering if you have a similar thing happen to your CPP and that it isn't just my setup. When your at full positive pitch and the little slider thing on the head touches the plastic cap with the screw on top does your flybar hardly move? Because my flybar hardly moves. I think I found the cause and will work on it later today, but I am just curious if it is only my helicopter doing it.

Nick
Old 09-21-2008, 01:25 PM
evdreamer

Well I got the flybar to act the way I want now. My original idea worked, but it was also a combination of another problem which I got to work also. Now I just need my servos working to double check my ideas.

Nick
Old 09-21-2008, 01:28 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That is a cool part. I also like Helidirect's fast shipping.

If you do get the T-Rex 500 it would be cool to see how you like it.

Nick
Old 09-21-2008, 01:33 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Nick,

Well, I just checked my CPP for you, but I guess I was too late.

Glad to hear that you got it figured out, as my flybar is free throughout the full travel of the swash.

I have finished replacing all the parts on the Gaui, now it's time to reset everything. When Rob was flying it, he had to put full left trim in the aileron, so I must have something off, I'll have to check the level on the swash next.

Hopefully, I will get a chance to test fly it later today, I think all the people at the field at the horse track are off for the day on Sundays. Evidently, they are renting the field from the horse track owners, and using it as some sort of a depot for a company called Arhaus, which is a furniture distributor or something.

Good luck setting up the CPP and hopefully, you can get it flying again soon.

Glenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.