Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:14 AM
jroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Sold my MCX yesterday. The same guy who bought my B 400 purchased it. He was a great buyer. Got 50 + 15 shipping. Plus he bought my extra HK-401B gyro for $10. He was looking to buy one anyways, so I saved him the shipping from HK.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:26 AM
JPEE

James, you have lucked out in spades!

I just have a friend teach me how to sell on EBAY. I have an MCX, CX2 and three Blade 400s I would love to get off the shelf.

We stillllllll have high winds and I guess we will never get to fly again it seems lol.

Congrats on your sales!

JPEE
Old 01-17-2011, 05:52 PM
jroo

No kidding. I also just started a new job at the end of November. My company just moved from the 1st to the 4th floor and bought all new top of the line office furniture. They had a few of the old desks for sale. They are these large, 5'x3' desks with 2 drawers made by HON; very heavy solid, construction. They weight in at 252 lbs each. They are in very good condition, and at $25 each I could not pass it up. I looked up the brand/model. They sell for, at least, $500 each, retail.

They also have these ergonomic keyboard holders made by HumanScale. Looked up the price of those...around $450 each.

They will be going on craigslist soon...
Old 01-17-2011, 06:12 PM
JPEE

So our James is moving on up stairs to be closer to the Big Boss hey!

Great news on getting the office furniture, that should bring in some
heli dollars wouldn't you say. î„…

Though the wind is still blowing, between gusts four of us tried flying today. I flew 1-T28, 1-500, 2-600 flights. It was 79 at the field but very gusty! Those of us that had planes really got pushed around. Honestly, the heli's did farrrrrrr better dealing with the wind and sudden gusts.

Smiles.... JPEE
Old 01-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Wow...don't think I've ever seen the thread this far down the line before...wake up everyone!

Mark
Old 01-19-2011, 04:28 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

Wow...don't think I've ever seen the thread this far down the line before...wake up everyone!

Mark
Mark,
Your absolutely right, it is as quite as church on Monday. This time of the year for those in cold country can't fly so there is not a lot to offer here on the thread. Somewhat like myself here in sunny "windy" California my flying has been cut down too.

Yesterday was a text book California day, sunny and no wind, clear skies and a great fly day. Only one other guy and myself had the entire field to ourselves. I flew 2-500, 2-600, 2- T-28 plane flights, it truely was a a grand day.

Today we had many things to do so it was a "no RC day.

If you guys watch the news you may see where a Los Angeles Police Officer was shot! This happend a 1,000 yards from my house #2. We were there completing our weekly yard work. We go there once a week nad maintain the yards, pool and such. We were hearing sirens and seeing many helicopters. As we had just completed our work and were ready to leave we got in to our truck and drove 100 yards to the end of the street where it was closed with gun toting police standing there. We were asked where we came from and I pointed back to our house. Then we were asked if we had seen anyone walking around and the final request was open my truck doors and look through my truck to see if someone was laying on the floor or in the bed hiding! Crap man that's scary[X(] because at that tme we did know what was going on, and I did not feel like asking, just let me go. Generally "we carry" over there because the house sits empty except for our one day visits, so you don't know what you might find when you there, today I had not. It's over now and we are comfy in our main home. OBTW, they locked down 7 square miles with several schools on LOCK DOWN. They are now letting the kids out ONE AT A TIME to a parent. The one big school has over 1,500 kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPEE filling the big hole in this blog
Old 01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Aframomum

Hey JPEE,

That sounds like some crazy scary stuff...esp being so close to home. I hope the officer recovers.

Glad you got the chance to fly and from the list sounds like you had a good time!

Just wanted to let you know I didn't forget about your question concerning the tail grip bolt, here it is: [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=263210&highlight=tail+grip+failure]First[/link] and [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=258815&highlight=tail+grip+failure]Second[/link]

My rebuild has come to a crawl waiting on parts...forgot Monday was a holiday (MLK day) so no mail. In the meantime I have been practicing a bit on Phoenix...and I did upgrade to version 3.0 and have been trying out some of the other heli's...esp. the 550.

Hope Glenn and Nick are alright with the weather.

Mark

Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

Hey JPEE,

That sounds like some crazy scary stuff...esp being so close to home. I hope the officer recovers.

Glad you got the chance to fly and from the list sounds like you had a good time!

Just wanted to let you know I didn't forget about your question concerning the tail grip bolt, here it is: [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=263210&highlight=tail+grip+failure]First[/link] and [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=258815&highlight=tail+grip+failure]Second[/link]

My rebuild has come to a crawl waiting on parts...forgot Monday was a holiday (MLK day) so no mail. In the meantime I have been practicing a bit on Phoenix...and I did upgrade to version 3.0 and have been trying out some of the other heli's...esp. the 550.

Hope Glenn and Nick are alright with the weather.

Mark

Mark, THANK YOU! that made for some great reading! I have had many flights as well as many hard crashes with my 500 have not seen this anomaly. However, I'll take my tail down and look it over and replace those grip screws very soon. It would be senseless not to right?

Glad to hear your enjoying you Phoenix. You know Jreue has one too along with Glenn. You ought to check with them and see if they wanna do a web flight together. We did that jillion times with our G4's back in the day. Food for thought.

The Policeman went home tonight, his vest saved his life! He pulled the car over and got out of his cruser and started for the guys car, just like normal ticket stop. Then the guy lets go with two shots and one hit him and down he went. A neighbor across the street saw it go down and got on the Policemans radio and said OFFICER DOWN and that all she took! A troop of 350 police and 3 helis came in and trying to get this guy. I hope the morning news shows him ( the gunman ) on a "slab" for what he has done.

JPEE
Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I'm still alive over here in the mid-atlantic...not a whole lot new here, had a little ICE storm yesterday, but no biggie, just miserable, nothing serious...

I just checked my calendar...and if I marked it right last year.....it's somebody's birthday in about 2 hours....[X(]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!!

Glenn
Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
evdreamer

James,

It sounds like you got a good deal on the desks.

John,

That is good you are still getting some flights in.

Glenn,

You would be correct. I might get some drinks this weekend to celebrate my birthday.

I have been having some ice problems too. I have been getting some snow and it is melting then freezing.

I might be helping out with an engineering project this weekend. I think the mechanical engineering department has been entering in a design project for a couple of years and asks my club for help. They have to design a RC plane to perform certain tasks and compete with other colleges. They need someone with an electronic background to help with configuring all the electronics and making it efficient. I don't know if Nitros are aloud, but the past couple of times they have used an electric setup.

Nick
Old 01-19-2011, 07:52 PM
JPEE

Nick,

It seems like it was yesterday when you and I spoke a year ago about this years Birthday for you. You said I am 20 on the 20th this year (last year). Now a year later your 21 on the 20th. Son, it's all down hill from now on LMAO.î…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and may it be a great one.

JPEE
Old 01-20-2011, 11:41 AM
jroo

Went to Frys and picked up some braided wire sleeve. Also picked up some shrink tubing. Whats cool about the tubing is that it is numbered. So you can put say #1 near the Pitch servo, then the other #1 at the end to aid in identifying which wire end goes to what.

Considering the weather has been off and on, I am going to rewire the 250 and see how clean i can get it.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Aframomum

Almost missed it Nick...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Mark
Old 01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Hope your having a good time...if you go out this weekend for some drinks...definitely get something with Bailey's Irish Creme or Kahlua in it (a mudslide is great)...which ever have fun and don't forget your designated driver if your heading out.

Mark
Old 01-20-2011, 05:58 PM
JPEE

AH........... the good old Mudslides. Mark you hit a homer with that one, though its been a few years since i had one

I have been playing with my 600 heli camera mount again. Since the first video was made I have not had another one come out very well, they all had some blur from settings (HD) and vibrations. I have tried many mods but all to no avail until now I hope One thing I found in doing camera tests in the front yards was just holding the camera moving it in HD1080 is that camera has to move slower so as to not blur the video. So my first adjustment was to cut down to a lower level, 720HD. If you recall the camera sling hung from under the copter. However, vibrations made their way down the sling straps. So today trying some different I took off the part of the mount that held the camera directly and removed some of the cross bars for strength ( a little overkill lol ) to the mount structure to make it a bit more flexible and lighter. As a working model "don't laugh" I removed it's frame bolts and hung the camera by four very small bungie cords. This now isolates the camera from the entire mount vibration wise.... I hope!
Dont worry about it hanging a bit cockeyed for now, I can take that up with the adjustable mount to the cameras base.

As soon as this devil winds quites I am ready to giver the old college try.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86558.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	1550661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32125.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	1550662  
Old 01-21-2011, 06:10 AM
jroo

Picked up one of these, and it arrived yesterday. Now I can get some videos of my flights

http://www.themicrocamera.com/
Old 01-21-2011, 06:19 PM
jroo

Here is a little sneak peak of what I'm working on.

The little shrink tubing has numbers on it. I have matching numbers on either end of the wires to pinpoint what wire is what without having to trace it back to the source. They will also line up numerically on the receiver.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11368.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1551022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42668.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1551023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53655.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1551024  
Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Drop us line on how your Birthday was. Did you go have that drink you were talking about? Any new electronics in the air??

Jreue,

That wire shrink is too cool! I was sharing that information with a buddy yesterday and now with your picutres I can show him, really cool.

Congrats in the key chain cam, you will have some fun with it.

John
Old 01-22-2011, 02:14 PM
evdreamer

John,

It looks like you are still having fun with your camera mount.

My birthday was good. I don't like making a big deal out of my birthday, so I just go out to eat with my family every year. I still haven't had any drinks yet. My brother in law wanted to make me some, but it is hard to schedule around my work and school schedule.

I don't have any new electronics I am working on. I am still trying to perfect the ones I have. I made a simple hardware change that is making my FET work better. At my old school they made it sound so easy to make a FET work, but they never talked about a major part of a FET that limited the performance of my board. So, I did some research on my own and learned what is required to make one work. There is one more part that I am still trying to learn about that they hardly talked about.

James,

It looks like you are having fun with your heli.

Nick
Old 01-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Nice to hear you had a relaxing birthday...do try to take some time from work and hobby and spend it with friends...your early 20's (and youth ) only come around once in a lifetime so don't let it pass you by! Trust me...when you finish school and have a full time job, a family, etc. your going to wish you could revisit your heyday's. Alright, enough with the life lecture.

James,

That is some really good work on that wire braiding...did you really have to remove the connector to get the braid on - I heard that was part of the process which is why I never looked into it. Great job! That picture really shows the size of the 250...amazing the engineering that goes into them.

I see you also got a key cam...I posted a video some pages ago of where I mounted mine on the wing of an electric airplane and flew around my subdivision...got some really cool aerial vid.

Edit: Here it is if you want to take a look: [link=http://www.vimeo.com/15076014]Aerial Video[/link]

Just a suggestion of something I found on mine...leave it plugged into your USB port for several hours just before your going to use it and you should have a decent charge on the battery (at least that's the way it is for mine). JPEE did a mod where he installed a separate battery to the unit which really extended the life of the camera...think his battery died or something...sure he'll chime in with the details later.

JPEE,

Hope the winds die down for you so you can test out your heli cam mount again. Just out of curiosity your going to be testing it along with your new Neu motor right?

Well guys, looks like I'm going to be joining Glenn in the cold north...we are flying to Gettysburg on Wednesday to visit my inlaws. I think it is going to be interesting with our son taking his first plane trip...hope he'll be alright. I'm sure there will be snow for him to play in.

The 500 is almost done too. Looks like I had to replace one of the mixing arms...noticed one got slightly bent in the crash and I would have missed it had I not laid it down side by side to the other one. But sure enough it had a slight bend. Got real lucky in that the repairs cost me less than $100...I know it could have been a lot worse. [:-]

Mark
Old 01-22-2011, 09:56 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Hope your new camera setup there works out whenever the wind will allow you to do some testing...let us know how it works out...

James,

That wiring job looks nice, I have been considering doing that to my 450's as well...there are many places on the 450 Pro that the wiring is in a position to rub the frame in spots...you did a very nice job there on the shrink tubing...

Nick,

Glad you had a nice easy birthday, I am the same way, no big deal on my B-day, I had to work, and it was no different from any other day...

I just took an online course for Mazda HVAC systems (heat, A/C) and we use MOSFET's for the blower speed controls. The explanation was a bit vague, so I'm still not sure I completely understand it, but it basically works like a normal transistor as far as I can tell. But our application is pretty simple, just a single motor blower speed control circuit...

Mark,

Dress warm is all I have to say...and hope that it warms up by the time you get here....it's currently 12.9 degrees outside, with a 6.9 degree wind chill...[X(]

Glad the 500 is coming along...

Hope the little one enjoys the plane ride!

Not much new here, just cold...

Justin texted me about a V-bar he is selling, but I'm not interested...I'm sticking with flybars for a bit yet...the prices and technology will keep getting better and better with time...

I have been playing around with my digital scanner, got a programming kit for it, and it seems to be receiving a lot more interesting stuff...some of which I'd probably be better off not knowing...

It's a crazy, scary world out there!

Glenn
Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 AM
jroo

Yesterday I tried posting pics of my finished wiring job 4 times, but every single time I attempted the entire forum would go down.

Will try again,.....
Old 01-23-2011, 07:54 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

Have fun up north.

Glenn,

The MOSFET is like a transistor in that it can act like a switch or an amplifier, but is uses a Voltage to control it and the transistor uses a current. The MOSFET needs to exceed a Voltage of about 3-4V across two of its pins before it ever turns on. Once the two pins reaches 3-4V any more Voltage would result in an increase in current. That is kind of the simple version my school talked about. The MOSFET is better than a transistor in high current circuits, since it is easier to control and is more efficient.

Nick

Old 01-23-2011, 10:36 AM
JPEE

Nick,

I am glad you got to spend time with the family for your birthday, nothing is better than that. That (for me) is what makes any holiday, being surrounded by family and friends!

Mark,
Yes I am using the new NEU motor but have scaled it down so my present ESC can handle it. It still flies tons better than my stock Align motor did. But because of the 11T pinion the head speed is slower so she is still not real strong but even like this she rolls and loops as well as spikes far better than before. The draw back is..........the pack gets warmer than I would like in Idle-up! The ESC stays fairly cool. I am hoping that the new ESC will take care of this problem. I would hate to have purchased the new motor and ESC only to find out that still to swing those baldes fast it will kill my packs. My other buddies here keep telling me to go to 50 volt and two packs to get some (power)

Mark, have a safe trip with the family!!!!

Glenn,

All of the vibs are gone. The three test flights with the camera last week went like this. First I flew in VGA, then HD 720, and HD 1080. In all instances there were no vibrations but, the camera keeps trying to "fine" focus so you can see the picture go milky to sharp in a mill sec. I tried to turn off the auto focus but I am sure I did yet, more manual reading to do. The video's are not worth posting because I flew the crap out of the heli to see how she'd handle with the load and what might or not bother the camera but nothing did, so that part is done. The videos would make you sea-sick LOL

I got those flights in on Friday and now today and tomorrow are blowing again big time[]

JPEE
Old 01-23-2011, 10:43 AM
jroo

Flew 2 packs of the 250 and 1 of the 450 just now in my front yard.

I'm having a couple of issues.

Concerning the 250: This has been plaguing me for a while. It seems like my pitch is way off or something. I mean, there were times that I was at just shy of full collective, and I was only hovering 4 ft off the ground. Even punching it just barely seems to affect it. Its really strange. This odd behavior started after a rebuild of a crash I had this summer and I had to replace of of the blade grips because the arm to the linkage rod was bent. I also lost the pinion, so no im running 15tooth rather then the stock 16.

If you guys recall, I had this same issue a few weeks ago and I found that I did have a goof in my radio setup. For some reason my throttle curve only went to like 80% rather than 100%. After fixing that, its better, but it still feels really off. I will go through my settings again, but if you guys can think of anything, please post.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.