Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hello GBee,

I had a pretty good day. Two packs in the T-28 and one pack in the 402. HOWEVER, 401 did a full loop which is a bit blurry and pretty fuzzy in my vid. Then when I did it (tried again) she darted. Skid rails, belt or belt inner drive and canopy to a 1,000 pieces LOL. Here is a TIP, I found for my camer that while I can reach up and push out the lens whilre flying it is not clear once I do that. However, if I do like JEFF and just bump it out twice then I am gold, orrrrrr bump it all of the way out from the start and don't worry about catching take offs because your window narrow down. Now it must be understood that when your pushed out full then your capture area grows very small and you WILL fly out of veiw from time to time BUT you can see on the video.

Helmet cam. Performed another Beta test for you. Today after coming home I tried relocating the camera mount to the front of the helmet. I found a BIG issue, you cannot relocated the mount the camera without loosening your mount alignment, then you have to re-align it up everytime. So its back to the tip top again so you never have to play with it again, you just screw on your camers and your gold and ready to fly.

And again you guys, I had two people come and ask me about the plane and Heli and neither of them asked me what the hell do I have on my head...they just get it, your filming your flights......period. JEFF, I did have one complement me on the black knee high socks and flower shirt LMAO!!!

UPDATE EDIT: The loop de lop is at 4.12 the crash comes after that! And plase don't light at my crash remarks..OK do I can take it LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=944QBOLKdZM

JPee

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54418.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1040250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75707.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1040251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98312.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1040252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31998.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1040253   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17202.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1040254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19053.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1040255  
Old 09-24-2008, 07:23 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

well guys I just wanted to say im back from the wedding and honeymoon, it was a really great time. Its nice to be home, just got back about 8 hours ago, and I already flew my walkera 4#3b lol, how is everyone doing, I gotta jet for now alot of posts I have to catch up on
Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Nice to see you are back! Glad to hear that you had a great time.

How long before you move into the new house, and have a big back yard?

I have been fine, not getting as much flying in as I want, but trying to get more in soon.

I am also trying to do the latest fad, the helmet cam....like Jeff and JPEE are doing. It seems to work very well, so I'm going to give it a shot too.

I just hope not TOO many people see me with the helmet cam on....it deff looks pretty funny and kinda strange....oh well, as long as the videos come out good, that'll make it worth it....who cares what people think, anyways? LOL

Hope you get some time to fly the CPP soon.

Glenn
Old 09-24-2008, 08:28 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE

Congratulations on the first loop!! I knew you could do it! It was really hard to see in the video, but it looks like you handled it very well for your first one.

What happened on the second one? It looks/sounds like a mechanical failure of some type happened?

Sorry to see/hear that crash though....that was a pretty hard landing!!! OUCH!!

Pretty amazing it didn't do more damage than it did...not much left of that canopy, eh?? Was that battery OK?

Thanks for the pics and advice on the front mouting of the camera....that was what I was going to do initially, but it looks like from what you are saying that it works much better on top.

Keep up the brave flying! Now I need to find a field as big as the one you are flying at to try my first loop one of these days!

Glenn
Old 09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

it deff was a nice time indeed, almost didn't want to come back lol actually we move in friday, tommorrw I actually start moving more of our stuff in, So it prob won't be untill monday untill we are actually settled in. Once all that is taken care of I will start flying the cp pro more often, just haven't had time to take it out and its a shame I miss it alot. You been flying the cp pro?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Yea I know it got blurry for the reasons I explained. But I saw it and thats what counts, right? You tell me if one person asked what's that on your head?

JPee

tomorrow a day of rest, no flying.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys wats going on besides that
Old 09-24-2008, 10:05 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Cool that you are getting all settled in soon...then you will be able to pick up where you left off with the CPP again.

Actually, I have gotten kinda sidetracked from the CPP, as I had a friend who is very knowledgeable helping me get the Gaui a bit more managable. So, I have been spending some time with it lately.

Also, Jeff on here is wanting me to make a video of the Gaui for him and for you guys to see, so I'm kinda gettting a helmet cam project going here too...so hopefully, I'll be able to post some video of the Gaui, the B400 and the CPP soon.

Hope you have a nice moving in experience!

How has the Honda been, or should I ask? LOL!

Glenn
Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

How's the CX2 coming along, did you get your stuff from the LHS?

Do you still have a CP, or did you end up selling it for some cars, I can't remember?

How is the rebuilding process going from the hurricane?

Hope all is well, let us know how the heli is working out for you!

Glenn
Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

It looks like RCU is back to normal, I have had no issues posting tonight so far.

I never did get to fly, my weather station said the wind was 23 MPH, but I don't think it was quite that high. I also actually got caught up in the current events on the news, the economy is in some pretty serious trouble right now, it's actually kind of historic, some are even using the "D" (depression) word as a possiblity....scary stuff.

I am hoping the weather will break for me as they are predicting, sometime on Saturday.

I think this next week coming up, I'm gonna have to shift my flying time to the slot after work, but before dinner. As it is, I have very little time to fly after dinner any more.

The good thing is that it seems that the horse track is still sort of cool to fly at still.

After watching JPEE's loop on video, I realize I will need a much bigger place to fly if I ever want to try a loop.

I should probably still join the AMA and club after I get my car work done. I start on that the weekend after this one. I probably won't get much flying done that couple of weeks.

Glad you got a couple of flights in today.

Glenn
Old 09-24-2008, 10:52 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

My ol' lady would be standing right by you pointing her finger along with you in regards to the sticky back tape/velcro on the camera...LMAO.. My camera is just a cheap one I got from Wal-Mart about 5 years ago. Its a Kodak and was only $265.00, and the funny thing is its only 4 mega-pixels and nowdays for that price I can get something three times the quality it seems...Lol.. I only use a piece about 1/2 inch by 2 inches, and when I do have to take it off, it comes off fine with no sticky residue or anything.

Google 'helmet cams' or something similiar, and you'll see there's hundreds out there for sale as low as $80.00-$2,000.... They have cool ones that are tiny, and fit right on your baseball cap even... Pretty neat stuff. And for all sports or activities. I used to never let anyone see me with the cam on, as I felt like an idiot, but after a year now, it doesn't even phase me anymore and people don't care one bit... You'll get compliments if anything on what a good idea...

Also.... A couple of months ago, I also couldn't reply or login to RCU, but I could read everything and it drove me nuts like you and JPEE had just experienced... I spent 6 hours that day running virus checks, everything in my power to figure out what was wrong ! What I did and thankfully was still able to do was E-Mail Dave from RCU's support center about my problem and it ended up being one of RCU's front end servers had to be reset... He told me that many don't reply back on when there having problems, and so they won't know if you don't ! It can get overloaded sometimes. He was very helpful, so I'am just passing the word on to you guys... When I E-Mailed him my problem, he got back to me within 30 minutes, and the problem was fixed...

JPEE ~

I watched your video.... And twice !!...Lol.. Congratulations on your first loop ! Now, if I remember right did you say you don't have your heli's set-up mid-stick 0 pitch ? And you were able to do a loop and such ? Because if that's true, I may try here in the future as my heli's are also not set-up like that... Very curious... I've been super busy, so flying will be out of the picture for awhile... I may have to start back to the hovering thing, if I don't keep up at the sticks...YIKES...!

Heli ~

Glad you had a good time, and again, congratulations... Now... When are ya gettin' her interested in the RC-Helicopters ?!! Wouldn't that be awesome..! But only in all our dreams eh ?!

Nick ~

Glad at least your getting some flying in... Like you need it...LMAO.. Your on the road to being the next Jason Krause...! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQ56...eature=related Keep up the great flying, as your a good example for us all to keep pushing our limits, and never giving up.... GIT R DUN !

Evan ~

I hope your beach house there in Galveston survived all that aftermath... I remember reading somewhere on RCU, that you had a house there also besides the one in Houston... Build it out of brick next time !

Take care guys, Oh..... Glenn, Gaui video's.... !! The hunger pains are getting worse... Hurry up...LMAO..

~ Jeff
Old 09-24-2008, 11:05 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff.

Thanks for all the info and pointers on the video cams/helmet cams...I'm gonna just go the route that you and JPEE have done....and here's where I'm at;

Got the memory card for the camera. My cam only has 16MB of internal memory...not nearly enough...of course being a SONY...I had to get the Memory stick "Pro Duo"....but I found one on sale, even a Sony one, for $25...not too bad, it will come in handy. I got a 2GB card....should hold plenty.

Located the hard hat like JPEE's at Harbor Freight....$7.99

Located a small tripod for adapting the camera to the hard hat, very simlar to JPEE's setup...$12.99

So, I should be pretty well on my way to some vids here shortly...now it's supposed to rain for the next 3 days or so...but hopefully this weekend, I'll be doing some "Beta testing" with the vids!

Take care, and don't get too busy! And thanks for the RCU tech info/reset server stuff...very interesting. I'll keep that in mind!

Glenn
Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Sure no prob...! Take your time, in getting the video up.... I'll be lurking from time to time.. I've just been super busy, so mostly I'll just stay caught up on reading the few threads I'am attached to, but sometimes won't have time to post, but I'am reading them so no worries !

Take care guy,

~ Jeff
Old 09-25-2008, 08:44 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool video. That is a cool field to fly at. Sorry about the crash. Least your B400 didn't do a chicken dance at the end and do more damage, but I don't know if an electric helicopter can do that.

Nick
Old 09-25-2008, 08:58 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear you didn't get to fly yesterday. It looks like it is going to be another windy day here too. Yeah I was hearing about the economy in my Personal Finance class. I am suprised some banks went bankrupt.

You will probably have to fly the Quark at work soon with it getting darker sooner.

With you and JPEE talking about helmet cams it reminded me of a helmet cam I used to sell at work for bikers. I don't think anyone bought it when it was in stock.

It sounds like the weeks to come are going to be busy for you.

Yeah I had a lot of fun flying yesterday. The T-Rex seemed small on my last flight.

I fell asleep early last night from staying up late on RCU that past few weeks. It looks like I missed a lot of activity on this thread last night.

Nick
Old 09-25-2008, 09:10 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

I'll getter done. Next time I'll ramp up to idle-up and have some rpms behind me, that should do it. I have taken all of the neg pitch from my helis as I don't do 3D. So I never fly at the higher rpms and I almost forget its there. But a loop again (under control) would be great! Stand by for it!

I know, I'll practice with my Quark LMAO....................he heeeeeeeeee

Smiles JPee
Old 09-25-2008, 09:16 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

You don't need that much negative pitch while doing a loop. My collective was around mid stick when I did my loops in the past. A couple of times I added too much negative pitch and the helicopter shot up inverted instead of doing the loop.

Isn't Jason the person who designs the T-Rex's? I will keep practicing my upright moves with the T-Rex and once the CPP is flyable again I will continue to practice inverted flight with that. Depending on how long my learning curve is for inverted flight I would like to get some video of me doing some flips and other stuff inverted by the end of the year or the beginning of next year. But in reality it might take me longer to do that.

Nick
Old 09-25-2008, 09:33 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Good to hear you got to fly the Walkera. Hope you get to fly the CPP sometime soon when you have time.

Nick
Old 09-25-2008, 02:07 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

A question for you. I bought some 7.4's and 11.1 packs yesterday for the CX2 and 400. I read all about battery break-in periods and then find countering articles that say hog wash! Glenn got me to buy a C505 Eflite charger that shows how many mah I put back in each cell after flying which has allowed me to keep pushing out my window to a safe range. I have a second charger that was my first in the hobby from DN Power which "only " shows the voltage of each cell and lets you see them come up to spec at full charge but no mah usage. With that said, whats your take on lipo break-in periods. Is this real or not?

JPee
Old 09-25-2008, 02:27 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I don't break in my batteries. The max cycles I have on a battery so far is 103. I won't know if not breaking in a battery is bad until around 200-300 cycles when the battery is getting close to the end of its life. But so far my battery with 103 cycles is still going strong. But I charge my 2100-2200mAh batteries at 1.3A, so I can charge two batteries at once. Then I charge my CPP batteries .05A under the 1C rating. When I get a new battery I just want to fly hard with it and not baby it for a few cycles.

Nick
Old 09-25-2008, 02:56 PM
evdreamer

My head assembly is here! I knew I could trust BPHobbies with getting my parts here fast. I was about to get a flight in with the T-Rex and decided to check the mail. I still might get a pack in real quick then work on the new head assembly. Still don't have my gears from the LHS.[&o]
Old 09-25-2008, 03:16 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Lol...'Chicken Dances' aren't good...! I'am starting to learn, instead of being a superhero with my limited skills in flying the heli's, I now just hit the throttle hold and take the ship down... As I get really good, I'll then play the part of super-pilot...

BTW check out this 2 minute vid.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdrBi...eature=related Do ya think his spindle got bent ?!!

Yeah Jason is the one who has designed a few of the Rex's... His newest designs, are that of the TREX 500/Trex 700... Lucky dog, he probally gets unlimited parts and gear which really enables him to push the limit !

Thanks for the info on the loops also... If I get a B-400 or a Trex SE-V2 instead of the 500, I may fly one of them like I just stole it right off the get-go, and go for a loop, with lots of parts standing by....LMAO..

Cool your parts are in ! Especially before the weekend...! Keep us informed...

JPEE ~

I've never broken in my batts... I may be soft on them for the first flight or two, but never milk out the supposive break in style that some say... I have a few that are now a year old, and still perform like there new... [8D]
Old 09-25-2008, 04:28 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

My computer has a nasty habit of restarting itself when I don't want it too. I almost finished a post and uploading my pictures and lost everything.

I would love to get free parts from Align. Then I would try inverted hovering in the backyard with the T-Rex. At a baseball field it is very stable inverted.

Yeah in that video they sure know how to do the chicken dance.

I only needed the flybar cage, mixer arms, and pushrods. So this could be a cheap upgrade. The pictures with two of the same stuff is E-Flite and E-Sky parts. The E-Flite ones are on the left side. I took a washer off the E-Flite Bell Hiller grips and put it behind the E-Sky mixer arms. The E-Flite and E-Sky Hiller grips are the same size, but the E-Flite grips have three bearings and the E-Sky grips have two. The hoop pushrods are the same thing for E-Flite and E-Sky. So far I really like this head assembly.

EDIT: Now I really like this head assembly. I just checked the flybar throw and I don't get any binding at full Collective and Cyclic like I used to with the E-Flite head assembly.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75888.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1040840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82531.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1040841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13223.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1040842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36767.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1040843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36889.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1040844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki17916.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1040845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46655.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1040846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76851.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1040847  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48763.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1040848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96444.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1040849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89226.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1040850  
Old 09-25-2008, 05:40 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys, Thanks Nick and Jeff for the battery perspectives. The paprwork that came with new bateries said that my fist use of the new battery will not be delviering full service. But as I use it a few times chemicle changes will occur making it last longer. I don't have a fancy charger that showes me howmany times a battery has been in the charge but I started a flight log a month ago which reflect (TMI) where I fly, time, temp, heli number 1-2-3 or Quark or CX2, battery number (I numbered all of them) and minutes flown. If you are familure with MS Excel its all on a sprea sheet so I can totals on each catagory.

Thanks again.............Smiles JPee

PS: Just finshed re-building Blade 402 and replaced the following;
1. Canopy,
2. Main shaft

Straightened;
1. Bent skid rails.
2. Boom hit and backed so it just needed to re-extended.
3. The black wire on my battery broke loose so I peeled back the jacket and resoldered it and charged it. NO BLOAT OR HEAT
3. An big time blade tracking adjustments.

No bad for darting in to the SOD FARM in that spectacular crash.........LOL
Old 09-25-2008, 05:58 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I also use a spread sheet to keep track of how many flights I have.

That is cool that you didn't have to replace that much after the crash.

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.