Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:57 AM
jroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

I'll be making a trip to the hobby store today for some miscellaneous parts. What MCP-X parts should I pick up other than some linkages?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 AM
jroo

picked up a swash, linkage set
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 AM
jroo

mcp-x is sitting on my porch....
Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 AM
choppersrule

James,

Glad your mCP X is on the way, as the others mentioned, you're gonna love it. Right after my first flight, I did the mod of putting the canopy gromment on the two front swashplate balls. For now, and my type of flying, I think that's all I'm going to do for now. You forgot to pick up a couple extra Lipo's at the LHS.[X(]

Glenn,

YIKES! I looked at the two chargers you posted. That's a little more money than I expected. I found this one over at Hobbypartz for $59 and should do me right for just 1s lipos, it's only 80watts and should just work fine. That and a few more 1S lipos.

My closest LHS is Hobby Town USA and it pretty much sucks, they lean more toward RC Cars and have very little heli stuff. Mostly E-flite, but they don't have a very good inventory at all. Actually, I stopped going there because of that. The next closest GOOD hobby shop is about 25 miles away, as it ends up with gas prices, it's almost and a lot of the time cheaper to order online.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-...FYi8KgodAAJohA

Nick,

That "O" ring did look kinda squeeshed. I'm sure you did well on your calculus. I was lucky I graduated from high school.

Mark,

As mentioned, I did put the canopy gromments on the swash balls, and I'll probably make the link for the elevator swash ball also, that you posted.
Having a big basement is a plus, I've even practiced with my 450 down there, and use the pool table for a landing pad. Lol!

JPEE,

You da man for sure. I'm liking that canopy ya got there. Sure wish we had some of that warmer weather here in Indy, the high for today is suppose to be 58. Heck, my furnance even kicked on last night. That's just not fair.[>:][:@]

Later guys, off to go shopping online,[8D]

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71774.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1604175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76454.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	1604176  
Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM
choppersrule

ORIGINAL: jreue

mcp-x is sitting on my porch....

James,

Go outside and bring it in, and have some fun. Don't get overly anxious.

Dave
Old 05-04-2011, 10:33 AM
evdreamer

John,

So far it seems like my problem with the 450 tail is gone. It blew out when I was doing piro flips at the field and it didn't at home after the changes. I would go to the field today if it wasn't so windy.

This semester is finally over!!

Your canopy sure looks like it would be easy to see out far.

Mark,

Actually my school is hurting for money right now. They had to cut some programs. I heard they are going to double the tuition for electrical engineering students.[&o] I think they should just make tuition a little more for everyone and not just electrical engineering students. Luckily I have been good and saved a lot of money, so it won't be a problem finding money for tuition.

I go back at the end of August. I was thinking about taking some summer classes, but I saw they are all accelerated and only last a month. It was hard enough keeping up with the work when the class was four months long, so I am going to skip summer classes.

Yeah, I got to fly last night. It was kind of dark, so I was going off the governor and receiver light.

This winter there will probably be a few people with an mCP x flying indoors, but I don't go there anymore since they got rid of the time slot for 450's to fly.

Glenn,

That is good you are studying early for the test. I waited till the day before on my finals, but I didn't feel like studying when I was sick.

Nick
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 AM
jroo

Dave,

Would you happen to have the url for the canopy grommet mod?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
choppersrule

James,

They'll be spare grommets in a small plastic bag. Remove the canopy, then pop off the two front links off of the swash plate. They pop off easily.

Then take the whole grommet (don't cut it in half) and press it on the ball of the swashplate, reattach the links and your ready to go.

Dave

Name:	Wu60889.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1604193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19634.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1604194  
Old 05-04-2011, 11:18 AM
jroo

Is this to reduce the play? Did you do any mod's to keep your linkages on. Some are using hot glue...somehow.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 AM
choppersrule

After awhile, the links on the swashplate have a tendency to loosen up / wear , and the heli will start to wobble. The grommets keep the links from moving.
Haven't heard anything about hot glue though. I'll do some checkin'.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:23 PM
jroo

So did you just buy some extra linkages to replace ones that pop off and get lost or are you doing any mods? Like I said, I've seen a hot-glue mod and someone even when to the effort of tying the links to the swash with mono-filament wire...
Old 05-04-2011, 12:26 PM
jroo

finless posted this

Losing the head links. I posted this before but will do again as this has worked really great for me. I took my hot glue gun and put a tiny dab of hot glue across the fork arms. I mean tiny. Just enough to close off the fork. This keeps the links from going into never land in a crash. I have not lost one link since doing this mod.
Original Link.
[link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=297548]http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=297548[/link]
Old 05-04-2011, 01:29 PM
choppersrule

Mine came with three spare links. I think the hot glue mod is well worth doing though, sure would save a lot of frustrations and easy to do.

Thanks for the link on that.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:43 AM
jroo

Well the MCPX came in yesterday, but I did not get to fly it yet. Batteries are charged, but no flights yet
Old 05-05-2011, 09:59 AM
choppersrule

That's a bummer, no flights yet. Hope you get a chance today. Let us know your impressions of the heli.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Updates guys...James, have you maidened yet? We're anxiously waiting! Dave, got her flipped yet?

Either way, watch that tail and start with plenty of altitude so you can recover. Remember to stop the flip at the halfway point, then continue to finish. This is not a bird that likes stick banging on the collective.

Have fun guys!

Mark
Old 05-05-2011, 12:59 PM
choppersrule

Mark,

I posted on the other thread too. Anywho, no flips yet. Just been flying inside at night in the basement. Just other things keeping me busy.

Do you notice the vortex ring effect when hovering indoors? It's pretty weird, the heli will slowly start sink and no matter how much throttle you give it, it continues downward.
Guess it's starving for something to push down on / air. Huh!

Dave
Old 05-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hey Dave,

I think your experiencing UHDBP...Unknown Heli Drop in the Basement Phenomenon...I think it is only associated with those who fly in basements. Garage fliers don't have this issue.

Seriously, I don't know what could cause this.

Just wanted to put up some calculations for parallel charging multiple Eflight packs so I will have an easy reference to find it.

0.2Ah/0.7A (charge rate on the Celectra)=3.5C (highest charge rate for the stock battery)

To do 4 stock batteries (3.7V 200 mAh): 0.2Ah * 4 * 3.5 = 2.8Amp
6 batteries: 0.2 * 6 * 3.5 = 4.2Amp

Mark
Old 05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
choppersrule

Mark,

Lol! UHDBP.... I may have to move out to the garage. Below is a link that Rob videoed, explaining vortex ring.

Thanks for the calculations on multiple battery charging. Haven't had a chance to go shopping yet, been busy with dinner. Lol! Spaghetti and meat balls, with french garlic bread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kz_gOWaR7Y
Old 05-05-2011, 05:21 PM
JPEE

Boy, it sure is cold out here, not being a MCPX owner.

I feel so abandoned and left out..............

Poor me.................

So how'd that sell?

I had written a complete page yesterday and as fate would have it lost the whole page. Being a two fingered typist I will abbreviate;

Nick, glad your on break and done with your tests. Hope the weather will allow you to have some 450 fun soon and that by now you are feeling better.

Glenn, your a smart man to start studying now for your upcoming re-cert test.

Mark, let me see how I can say this without being crude, you crack me up to the 9's........ UHDBP. So here is one for you, KOTMODS "King Of The Mods"

Chopper, inverted, are you kidding, my man post the pic's you have of heli blades and heli sticking out of the basement walls for Mark.

I flew yesterday and it was plum hot out there, near 90. The bugs were terrible in the early hours so we had to slather on the DEETS. I got 2 packs through the 600 and two in the 500-2 but,

I made a change to my 600-2. When I had that stock motor in the 600-1 before I bought the NUE I had gone from a 10-11-12-13 which nearly blew off the blades. When I took that motor off the

600-1 it had been flying with an 11 tooth pinion. So when I built 600-2 I just carried that over. Well I have been getting batteries pretty warm for my liking and.... this was the killer, after my last flight

with that set up I just happen to feel the new 100 amp ESC (up from the factory 75) and the wires were "really" warm on the ESC but after the battery connection they were ambient? So I pulled the 11 off

I went down a tooth and installed a 10 tooth. Well just as I remembered it's pretty weak but! she still flies very well, a great sport cruiser. Then on the second pack I flew 6 min in "stunt" and when I landed the battery was nearly

cool and the ESC was cool and the wires had come waaaay down in temp too! So this heli shall remain that way. I should mention, I did pull three loops and a back-flip and she pulled , just ok. The ticket

I think that really made a difference was when I took the pitch down to 9 from 13 as the 600 manual recommended. It is just amazing what you can learn by reading LOL.

John
Old 05-05-2011, 06:15 PM
choppersrule

JPEE / Dude,

Your sales talents have a lot to be desired, I'm not buying into it. Poooor Baby! Also, you should know by now to copy your posting before trying to send it. Another LMAO!

On the battery and esc being warmer to your liking. I'm thinking around 140 degrees would be acceptable, get one of them thar heat thingies. With it being 90 degrees outside, that's were all your equipment starts at. Just food for thought.

Sure go ahead and tell Mark about my mishaps and post pictures. Next you'll tell him about my "Drill Copter". BTW it was my Vapor that got stuck in a wall socket, and the ceiling tiles.[8D]

Hey Mark and guys,

Here's the pictures... The one with the Vapor stuck to the wall outlet, check the paneling and see all the blade scraps. That's from 6 years ago, with one of the original Blade CP's, and a Trex 450. YIKES!

Enjoy!

Dave

Name:	Om32507.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1604826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85868.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1604827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41652.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1604828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65514.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1604829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wh57681.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1604830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ne55149.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1604831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vx46076.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1604832   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xw75928.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1604833  

Old 05-05-2011, 07:55 PM
choppersrule

JPEE.... you don't HAVE to read this post.[X(]

Hi Fellas,

Real quickly, it's running late and almost time for bed.

I love to experiment, and wasn't overly thrilled with flying in the house. The heli seemed a little irratic when flying in NORMAL mode, with a DX6i and the settings in the manual for throttle and pitch curves. So, for the fun of it, I changed the pitch curves to 30, 40, 40, 40, 40. The heli flys much better and hovers even better yet. Similar to a fixed pitch heli.

Of course you can adjust the 40 to any setting you like. I tried 40 first, but I'll probably try others tomorrow.

Dave
Old 05-06-2011, 07:13 AM
JPEE

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your condolences. I guess I can always wear a jacket out here in the cold of a being a non BCPX owner LMAO.

Dave, I do in fact have the same thermal reader your show along with a high end hand held gun. but it is the factory "wires" from the ESC to the battery connector

that got so "uncomfortably hot". I expect the ESC to be warm to hot but flying in idle-up I was then coming down and placeing the batteries in an ice chest.............that ain't good son.[X(]

Great new on the FP set up, DUDE...... whatever works right, cool idea as you are the BIG THINKER which is why I admire you so.

P
Old 05-07-2011, 08:09 AM
evdreamer

James,

That is cool you got your mCP x a few days ago.

John,

You are not alone in the not having a mCP x club.

That is cool you got to fly again even though it was hot.

I got my oring installed yesterday. I just put the engine in the frame without loctite for now to test it some time and see if it makes the same noise.

Nick
Old 05-07-2011, 08:58 AM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Good news on replacing the pesky gasket. Do you think you might start it over this weekend to see how it goes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.