Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Your absolutely right...need to learn to crawl before running. Back to basics for me as this rebuild isn't all that much fun...I'd much rather be flying then building.

Glenn,

Welcome back and nice to see another East Coaster.

Cooler weather is a coming...the mornings are already much better.

JPEE,

Hope things start to cool off for you out there...100 temps in October is horrible.

Mark
Old 10-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Aframomum

Hey guys,

Currently watching the prep for launch of the SpaceX rocket from Cape Canaveral tonight at 8:35pm EST. You can watch the countdown at [link=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/falcon9/004/status.html]SpaceFlight Now[/link]

Mark
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark, a Quick note to say thanks for the alert on space X. A good friend of mine just went down I went through their facilities about a month ago here in California very impressive. He probably saw what they were going to shoot off, he must've seen something because he was really excited about it when he told me!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Aframomum

Cool JPEE,

2 minutes to go!

Got my camera ready to try and get some pictures.

Mark
Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 PM
JPEE

Mark, we were shocked to roll the TV through all of channels and nothing was televised and two minutes before lift off I got them on both our iPhone and our iPad and we watched it. Very spectacular thank you! I hope you got some good shots to! It shows that "we can do it" "we can do it" aside from what Mr. Pres. Obama thinks. And with SpaceX doing it, it's far cheaper, no cost overruns, no deep pockets and just asking for more money to complete it.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Glad you were able to watch it on your iphone. This was my only picture...a blurred image of it as it entered the clouds. I got about 2 seconds from the horizon to the clouds before it was gone. Oh well...at least this is going to be a consistent thing now that SpaceX has a contract with NASA for ISS resupply. So plenty more opportunities...and hopefully a decent seat at Jetty Park to see it in person next year!

If you look at the glow above the white light in the bottom of the picture that is it going in the clouds.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94409.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1809086  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM
JPEE

At least you got to see it first hand Mark! And as you said, it appears that they will be using your NASA often for re-supplies to the ISS. all in all it was exciting.
Gasoline price for premium is $5.65 here! They are squeezing the last bit of blood we had left in our veins at this point. And a rarity......now diesel cost as much as regular gas. Generally diesel cost more than premium!

No flying lately as weather was so hot for so long. Now going to Arizona for most of the month of November and fly and go shooting and take our new Polaris Razor up around the gold mines. I want to keep everything as whole as I can before we leave.....laughing out loud. To add to that, they expect some drizzle tonight and on through Thursday up to light thundershowers so it's it's really cooling off here and it's about time :-) Quite a change in the matter of one week.
I hope this makes sense, it was all voice dictated on my iPhone and on this little screen it's hard to see if it is correct..... take care
Old 10-08-2012, 06:13 AM
JPEE

Mark,

In watching the news this morning they just shared that the company SpaceX receives $100 and $30 million per launch sending their rockets up to the space station. Oh yea! Can you say CA-CHING
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 AM
evdreamer

John,

That is lucky Jason's heli didn't have much damage. Sorry about your high gas costs. I saw how much people were paying in California a few days ago on TV.

Glenn,

Sorry you will be getting some hot weather. It has been in the 40s-50's here since last week.

Mark,

That is cool you got to see the launch.

I have been keeping busy with school and work. On Wednesday I will be half way done with the semester. On Sunday I didn't have any home work and I didn't have to work, so I had no idea what to do with all my free time.

Nick
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 AM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

It is good to hear that things are going so well for you. Wow to much time on your hands and nothing to do......I'm so sorry for you LOL.

Sorry no news from this state. The weather is cool, gray and overcast and as I believe I posted above suspected showers Tuesday Wednesday Thursday on into Friday. After the extreme hot summer we had this year I embrace some cooler weather and even rain.

Take care of your cell and enjoy life!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I know grey skies aren't always a great thing but after the temps you guys have been enduring I'm sure the cool rainy weather is a welcome. I know there were some days where a summer thunderstorm was a welcome site. Your gas prices are a killer, and I know with the A/C running each time you go out your at the pumps more then ever.

Nick,

Cool weather has definitely come your way - 40 and 50 temps already, wow! I haven't even broken out the long sleeve shirts yet.

So what did you do on Sun?

The launch was nice to see in person...I am really looking forward to being able to see it (and feel it) up close someday. I think its nice that we are finally having the capability to launch again from our own soil rather then relying on other countries to send things up. SpaceX is working towards manned missions in the future as NASA/SpaceX have more successful missions with their Dragon craft. And the Orion project is slowly moving forward...they have been working on an overhaul of the 2 shuttle launch pads to be able to hold the heavy launch rocket NASA is developing. So things are moving forward, just much slower then they were hoping due to, um...political budgets. (I'll leave it at that)

Today I got to see my first Goblin flying...I've seen plenty of pictures and video but to see it in real life was amazing. The guy flying it liked big style aerobatics so watching it do huge loops and long open circuits was nice. I saw this at the local flying club (the same one that does the Orlando Blowout in December) so sent off an email to the president to see if I can stop by the field to fly on Monday's - they are to capacity on members and so can't accept any new memberships so I'm hoping I can just stop by and fly and meet with some of the guys that fly on Mondays. It sure would be a big change from just flying alone Sat and Sun mornings.

I'm almost done with the rebuild...crashing (and the rebuild) really is for the birds. Just need to grease the new thrust bearings and put the head back together. Looks like I'll have something to fly this weekend!

Take care guys,

Mark
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Mark, you are 100% right on the money. I am "tickled" we are expecting a little rain. Like the weatherman said tonight on TV, it was 106 seven days ago and now it is 77............... whaddaya crying about lol. No flying for at least two weeks. But we are supposed to have a Friday "Night" Fly, depending on the weather. I have watched a few videos on how to build my Bixler. As it turns out, one of my wings is potato chipped! After a few emails with HK they will be sending a new wing "when the come back into stock" Hummmmmmmm shall I hold my breath.. just kidding, they have really been good about it.

We have two Goblins at our field and as you saw, they are scary powerful and extremely quite! Have you seen the new Align 800e? They are on EBAY already for $1,619.00 LOL and get this! They took out the 3GX which dropped the price so YOU can put on your own VBAR or Beast! I know where I am going in the morning when I log on...... YES RIGHT[X(]

You are so lucky to see the SpaceX ship lift off. What do you think they power that thing inside that fuselage, 10 ea 800 Horse Power Fuel Blown, Nitro Injected Chrysler Big Block V-8s...... he he he he. Good news that your rebuild is close now. Sad that you can't join the club because of no open memberships. But I am sure as they keep seeing you and what a cool guy you are, they will grab you at their first opportunity! ! I am in favor for managed membership in certain instances. Country Clubs do it, right. If there are to many people, the grounds take a beating and also they can ferret out the jerks too!

Nick and Glenn, take care too!

Name:	Hf98401.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1809836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29164.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1809837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52629.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	1809838  
Old 10-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

I finished the repairs to my 500 and did a test flight yesterday...everything worked fine. Heading out again this morning to get a few more flights in and to help relax...I'm always a bit nervous flying right after a crash.

Nick,

Did you see in this months RCHeli Pilot they have a gasoline engine powered Whiplash featured...the engine looks like it just fits in there!

JPEE,

Hope the weather has been forgiving for you guys...did you ever get that Friday "night" fly? Sorry about the wing and hopefully HK won't be out of stock too long.

I saw a few reports on the 800...crazy to think about that size heli...800mm blades and its available in DFC form.

Have a good weekend,

Mark
Old 10-14-2012, 01:54 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you have some cooler temps now.

Mark,

I just rented a few movies from Amazon on last Sunday.

That is good your 500 is fixed.

I haven't been getting RCheli magazine since last year. They forgot to remind me my subscription was up and I just never payed for a new one. I think the Whiplash Gassers are pretty cool.

Yesterday I was storage charging my batteries and I found a bad cell in one of my Furion 6 batteries.

I finally get a break from school. Monday and Tuesday is fall break, so I will enjoy not waking up early.

Nick
Old 10-14-2012, 04:06 PM
JPEE

Mark,
Glad the 500 is back in town. I am with you, every time I bring back a heli from the hospital I shake a bit too.............. your human like the rest of us. We watched live today when the guys jumps from 128K feet from the capsual. That guy has some brass let me tell you. Later today he published, he's done with that stuff ans will go back to flying realtime helicopters.

Nick,
I let my RC Heli expire too. I guess I am not a reader.

Yesterday I took and spent 45 minutes engineering a way to mount the GoPro camera facing down to earth. I wanted to see what it would be like to do a satellite "like" fly over so to speak. The CG was so far off I had to hang the dual packs off the back of the quad to get CG, and it was good too. So I set up the camera to shoot every 5 seconds. I took off over the house and went up slowly getting photos from different heights. My problem was, I was a bit scared to fly so high over the house and neighbors but I pushed on anyway. What I was worried about was getting to high that the would look to small to see any detail. NOT the case at all. But you do see the fisheye effect big time. Problem two, was trying to keep the quad square with the house. That did not happen so all of the pics are tilted in the frame a bit. Jason free rotated one for me and as you will see and it stands out, she is a square as my head lol. Here are a few photos 24 MB's worth.
Then I tried video but it came out fluttery. The mount was stuck out so far it was it was a victim to vibration. Over all the think the videoing a bit downward is the best for fly overs.

We are back to the high 80s again but today looks like a Montana Blue sky day......... a real 10 and we have tried be out all day. Two nights ago we did a night fly and it was still cold and cloudy from the rain, but we were men and toughed it out LOL. I sure love my Honda 2000. Now when someone says, lets go fly I just packs the gear and charge when I get there ans with 1000 watts and 30 amps in my charger I am good to go in a short time.

You boys take care.....

Name:	Wu59424.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	1811335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63626.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1811336   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22272.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1811337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99649.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1811338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75291.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1811339  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:40 AM
evdreamer

John,

Hopefully the temps won't go up to the 100's for you.

I just found out A123 filed for bankruptcy. Johnson Controls bought them, so A123's intellectual property didn't go to the Chinese.

Nick
Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 AM
JPEE

HOLY COW!

We built here in the USA sounds real good these days.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:42 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jpee ~

Just a quick snoop through here, but very cool images of some aerial recon there John ! I wonder why the fish eye appears, or how you could get rid of that ? I saw just the other day GoPro Hero 3 came out and looks nice =) Hope all is well for you all

Take care.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:25 PM
JPEE

Hello Jeffery,

All is well for me. I am so happy you stopped by to say hello. I hope all is well for you too. Perhaps a month ago I was bragging on you, and maybe that's why your ears we burning and you wrote. I was telling the story of you cutting out the spokes in the main gears lol. Jeffery Michael's credo.............. make it lighter!!!!!

Come Nov 1 we are going to a small town called Quartzite in AZ about 20 east of Blyth Calif. It is 99% retired people that do RC. Shooting, and riding'driving their Polaris Razor cars all over the mountain and visiting the old mines. We went last year for a week and had a great time. So this year we are making it a full month. We'll take our 27' Toy Hauler down with all of our gear.

Using a GORPO standard there is no way to take out the fish-eye. It is not so notifiable when you shoot straight ahead but looking down it was pretty clear everything is twisted. YES I saw the poop on the GOPRO 3 and my buddy and I will pick them up as an upgrade to our #2s on a year end on a BLACK FRI sale. Also we what time to study the reviews. Advertisement is one thing, public rating is another story my friend.

Take care son.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:43 AM
evdreamer

Guys,

It is cold here! It has been in the upper 30's the past couple of days. I had to get my winter coat out. I think my flying season is probably over this year. I am learning some interesting stuff in my programming class. I am finally learning about inductors and capacitors. In my tech school they just briefly went over the basics and now I know why. There is a lot of complicated math to figure out what is going on with them. I registered for classes next semester. I got lucky and none of my classes are on Monday and Friday, so it will be a nice break from going five days a week.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Aframomum

Nick,

Sorry to hear about your flying season possibly being over...although I think you may get a few warm days before the snow hits.

Sounds like you have a nice schedule next semester...every Mon and Fri off.

Glenn,

I wanted to wish you the best with the approach of Sandy...I know you guys will do fine but get ready for some serious rain and wind.

We are just about finished with the wind and rain down here, just grey clouds is all that's left. It was fun flying my foamy plane in the high gusty winds and watching it get tossed all around. I actually never saw a plane fly backwards before when trying to land.

Mark
Old 10-28-2012, 02:24 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

Nick, great news in that you will have two day off from school. Should let the old/young brain cool off a bit lol. Glad to hear your learning new things and enjoying it. Nothing beats "wanting" to learn, that's what makes it interesting!

We had devil wind for two days but things are extremely nice now. We had a two day yard sale and emptied the house II to make ready for the painter to start his magic. Meanwhile, Judy and I are going to AZ for a month. We are towing down our Polaris Razor and RC trailer. Then we will be shooting, riding through the hills and gold mines, flying at one of two fields or the other one just flat out in the desert. Simply said, just having fun!

Glenn is "hunkering down" he said. God I fear what he might be in for []

Mark, so glad to hear your run in with the storm was tolerable and you and the family are safe. Believe it or not, I saw that happen to a guy at the field. It was really blowing and his foamy was no match. He tried to come in and when he toughed down, then it got pushed backwards, crazy stuff. Another guy that day ([X(] ) decided he'd land with the wind. Well he touched down and his plane ran the length of the runway and was gone in the shrubs, that's what stopped it from coming to the east coast LOL.

Take care guys
Old 10-29-2012, 09:04 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

It sounds like the storm wasn't too bad for you and you were able to have a little fun with it.

John,

Have fun in AZ.

Glenn,

I hope you are getting through the storm ok and that there isn't too much damage.

Nick
Old 11-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

We got some cold weather brought down by Sandy, even got in the mid 40's at night a few times. Brrr! But now things are warming up again.

I've been getting out early on the weekends to do some flying, mainly practicing with upright circuits (smoothing things out with them), cleaning up my loops, and slooowly working on my attempt at inverted flight. Right now I'm just going in one direction then coming backwards to my starting point. I've been practicing on the sim but that also is going slow. I'm getting better at my orientations...at least front, and both sides, but tail is a bit of work still.

JPEE,

Enjoy your month long trip in AZ, sounds like it'll be loads of fun for you two.

Hope Glenn is doing alright.

Mark
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the concerns...and sorry I didn't get back to ya'll sooner....

Survived Sandy! Actually, it wasn't that bad here at all, compared to just north, NJ and NYC got it hard, of course...

Lots of wind, and a fair amount of rain, but only a short power outage (real short, 5 seconds or so...) when a transformer blew up the street. Their power went out, mine stayed on throughout the whole thing

It didn't rain as much as predicted here, so not much flooding, etc. Not like the pictures on TV of NJ shores, although I think Ocean City and the Delaware resorts got it pretty hard, some buiiding damage, and beach errosion and such.

This last Nor'easter storm barely brushed here, got a little rain out of that, so got lucky again!

That big storm in late June/early July was much worse, in fact, one aerodynamic engineer on the radio was saying that the previous summer storms probably weeded out the weak trees and branches, so that this one didn't take out as much stuff...makes sense to me...

Anyways, also wanted to say hi to everyone, and hope you guys are all doing well, and flying some at least.

Time flies, it'll be Thanksgiving before ya know it!

You guys all take care, and I'll keep in touch...hopefully more often now that the excitement is all over!

Glenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.