Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 07-28-2020, 07:57 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mark,

Do you know itís kind of funny, I have not asked Jason what he saw on the possible RF interference. Like I say I laugh because I havenít seen him but we talk every other day heís been so wrapped up in his new DJ on my HD goggles and cameras that heís putting in some gliders and drones but thatís all they can talk about and of course we just get sidetracked. Absolutely right on the jug, she is my sweetheart and I donít want to get a mark or damage on her nor the 28 for that matter. So there will be a next time for both.

Oh my goodness what a perplexing situation you are in. I can completely understand how you thought perhaps the wind carried off the sound of your EDFs For that moment. You did everything right.... come in land do your bench check at home and then go back out and fly again and have a drop out again.....oh my goodness thatís all too close for comfort. Did you have a chance to get in and see if it was the LED controller? Did you get a chance to get a second test flight once those were disconnected?

Your new plane is a honey I like the colors I especially like the extra fuel tanks or bombs which ever they are. I count one for each wing and one underneath the fuse so for me being the non-Air Force boy again I donít know if those two were the outside are bombs and the other ones a fuel tank or?

I think you will find this interesting. Being bored and stuck at home I thought Iím gonna pull out my DJI 550 hexa copter. I have not touched it in at least 3-4 years, I built them both Feb 2013! Trying to check it out I had forgotten all of the procedures that go along with that. I know that the software is in my laptop so I looked around and found it and it was pretty straightforward the memories started to come back on how to use the programming. Once I thought everything was OK I took it out front and get a flight and everything appears to be perfect. I forgot how much fun it is and how powerful that thing is and how fast and high it can disappear! And I mean that Puppy climbs fast! What I did not remember was whether I had it set to fly on a 4S or a 3S. When I went into the programming and software on the computer with the copter plugged in to the laptop while Iím reading itís on board computer I can see the voltage and see that it says 3S but I donít see a place to change it and that had me worried. So when I did the first hover out in the front yard I did a 4S and the flu that out and then I put a 3S in and that flew just as well but of course shorter time. But to my memory I just was still annoyed that I couldnít find where that adjustment was to change batteries.
So the next day I thought OK letís drag the 450 out and run it through its course same O same O. Well looks like I spoke too soon, sadly. What happened was I put it through the same procedures as the 550 but I could not get the software to open up and it kept telling me itís so old and that it had to be updated on the onboard computer with new firmware, you Gotta be kidding I am supposed to know how to do that. Again Iím trying to keep this novel short, but I worked on it for a couple of hours that night and then all the next day and did a lot of reading and found where to get the firmware and how to get it on board and it all came out nicely. While doing that I stumbled upon where you can change the voltage from a 2S battery to a 6S battery! So once all of the updates were done and they had this old manís head going a little Squirrely I took her out and she flew like a dream and she is a true hot rod. I really had to be careful with the trees and you know peoples homes, cars parked out here in front I didnít want to have a failure and wind up buying a hood or a roof on somebodyís automobile.
Because they are so stable I decided to take the camera analog camera and my fat shark goggles that came with my Mach 25 FPV drone because I could never master it, and put that camera on top of the 450 and try and wear the goggles where I have control over a very exceptional stable machine. I can start to fly off and if I get disoriented or get lost I can just set throttle and takeoff the goggles and find it hovering with the GPS lock on Or turn around slowly and come back. In the Mach 25 thatís for a youngster like yourself that have quick reactions, I say that as a complement the way you fly your jets that can handle that type of speed and display. I should be able to bring this thing to fruition tomorrow close of business as they say. Itís been so long I didnít even know how to charge the battery for the fat sharks but because Iím a good saver of factory boxes and I did some digging I found the parts I needed after watching a video on how to charge the battery LOL because itís unique youíve never seen anything like it. So the battery for the fat sharks is no problem. I have to make up a pigtail for a 1S pack to power the camera when mounted on the 450. On the the Mach 25 the camera has a sole port so this will be interesting. We are stepping into the 100s plus this week so a little inside bench time is not too bad to look forward to.

Lastly I downloaded some software and learned how to record what is on my computer screen and insert myself with a second camera as an overlay down in a corner or top left right bottom wherever I want even in the middle. So Iíve been having a little fun with that making some instructional videos for friends.

JPEE......and GOOD LUCK with your new plane

Last edited by JPEE; 07-28-2020 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:42 AM
evdreamer

Happy bday mark!
Old 07-31-2020, 03:18 PM
JPEE

Happy Happy Birthday Mark!
We hope you are enjoying your day👍

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 07-31-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:20 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the B-day wishes guys!!

I got a new plane for my b-day so I'm happy!!

Also had the chance to maiden her and was able to bring the plane back in one piece so I call it a success.

More to follow...

Last edited by Aframomum; 08-02-2020 at 05:22 PM. Reason: video
Old 08-02-2020, 06:36 PM
JPEE

Originally Posted by Aframomum View Post
Thanks for the B-day wishes guys!!

I got a new plane for my b-day so I'm happy!!

Also had the chance to maiden her and was able to bring the plane back in one piece so I call it a success.

More to follow...

https://vimeo.com/443586524

Ah don't be so hard on yourself, you did great for a Maiden and again considering all of the light poles that area round you.

Happy Birthday again!

Hope you watched the astronauts come in today, it was spectacular!

JP
Old 08-03-2020, 06:32 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Dang JPEE - your a fast one aren't you?!

I did see Bob and Doug splash down yesterday, what an exciting time to be a witness of such a historical moment! Watching those 4 huge parachutes open up was quite a sight to see! Bob really spacewalked his butt off while he was up there - and he celebrated his 50th birthday while he was at the ISS (July 28) - what a great way to spend your birthday!! Did you know his wife is slated to fly on Crew 2 next spring? Guess she said I'm next baby!!

Yeah, my A-6 maiden went well, except for that hideous landing! I did love the look of the plane while it was flying. I flew it 'naked' the first one, so no drop tanks under her wings. Yep, it has 3 drop tanks and I also got 2 cluster bomb packages for each wing to really deck her out. Oh, if your interested the movie they made was Flight of the Intruder (1991), pretty cool work they did with models and real life size aircraft in the scenes. No CGI!! BTW, A-6's flew for the Navy and Marines - you may step on some toes if you call them Air Force squadrons. lol

As you see our flying area is getting built up quickly. Those light poles were put up a few months ago and they have played havoc from time to time. They have taken down 3 planes to date - Georges Duet, my F-18, and my A-6. Yes, my second flight I was doing an approach and go and came in at a nasty angle and when pulling up the left wing caught the pole and slam. Ugh, what a crappy feeling. Luckily the damage was minimal so a bit of gorilla glue on the fuse and replace the left wing and she'll be ready for another flight. Still, I hate to crash a plane with only 2 flights on her.

My dilemma with my F-16 has finally been solved - hopefully. The newer FW jets and Flightline warbirds sometimes come with what's called a 'blue box'. Its basically an electronic box that is supposed to handle all your control surfaces and gear, so you free up a lot of wiring to your receiver. Well, their reliability is questionable and I decided to use mine just for the landing gear (2 mains and 1 nose) instead of using 2 Y's to connect them all. Apparently the blue box was causing my engine shut downs. I only discovered this when during my bench tests I decided to mimic my flights and once I retracted the landing gear, sure enough the motor cut out momentarily. I pulled the box, used 2 Y's and redid the test and no issues. Put 6 lipo's through her just to make sure. All successful. So depending on weather tomorrow morning I hope to get a few flights to make sure everything is working.

Congrats on getting your 550 and 450 hexa copters back working again. Trying to rediscover all the software setup I'm sure must have had your head reeling. lol I so dread having to redo any of my heli's FBL setup so I can see your frustration. At least you got through it and got them flying again! That 450 sure sounds like one angry bee!! Hey, no new car hoods need to be bought by you.

What a nifty idea to do instructional video's with an inlay of you doing the instructing.

That's all for now,

Mark
Old 08-03-2020, 06:40 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

I am really glad to that you got a chance to see Bob and Doug do their splashdown. To be honest, I got a little worried when everybody was there on the fantail then all of a sudden everybody evacuated but the two guys that sniffed and found a gas leak and took appropriate measures. It made me gulp and swallow a few times in fear for those astronauts as well as the crew on the ship.Yes I know that his wife is a astronaut as well in fact I think both wives are, but forgive me if I am mistaken I did watch all of the history of their families sometime back.

Well I am not about to tell you how to fly and land jet but I can’t say you came in hot that was no lie! Hey kid, it’s just a little nerves that’s all. It was a little hard to see on my iPad if you made contact with that post or not or stop just before it. In any case you lived to fly another day and that’s what it’s all about! Well, as I reread your post I guess you did tag it. Indeed, just because you’re getting comfortable there their construction is making slow progress kind of like the American frontier when they killed all of the otters, buffalo etc. things change as time marches on unfortunately. That’s a very interesting fact about the Navy and Marines flying the A6 and that it was not an Air Force squadron. Like to learn something every day!

That is spectacular and congratulations on your engineering and troubleshooting on your F-16. That’s one of those technical advancements that’s not such an advancement after all but more of a hindrance. So glad the bench test went well. By now you’ve had a chance to take a couple of flights and I hope they were successful.

Thanks for the kind words on the 450 Quad and the 550 hexa. Yes after many years I bought those I believe in 13 if not 2014 and that’s a ways back to go remember how to do the software and firmware upgrades.

Well I thought I almost bit off more than I could chew over the last couple of days. I decided I would go ahead and try and remember how to use software for my three VBARs. My 600 helicopter has had a bit of a tail bob left and right and it’s probably been a year and a half to two years ago last time I was in Arizona I hooked it up to my laptop. I was going to adjust it but the program could not see the helicopter and it through a flag that said that the software isn’t applicable to the firmware inside the helicopter and I need to do an update. Long story short, I decided I’m gonna jump in with both feet and after many hours of trying and having had success with the other two multi motor copters, I said you can do this JP! I read I read I read I read I watched YouTube I watched YouTube I watched YouTube and still could not get the software to download. You have to deal with Germany and just the way they give instructions when it comes over to English and it is a bit difficult. One day I worked for 4 1/2 hours and I know somebody will read this and think I’m a blithering idiot. The next day I worked for two hours and with two computers and struck a nerve and hit it and it downloaded to the computer and I was able to upload the firmware in the helicopter. Then it could be seen on my computer screen and I made some adjustments. I took a day off and gave my brain a rest and then figured OK I’m fresh this morning and I hooked up the 500 T Rex and the software in my computer once again even though it was updated would not marry to the helicopter, can you say girrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Long story short..... it was still fresh in my head how I found the magic portal if you will and I went back and was able to do that again for the 500 TRex and now I can see it on the computer. I’ve got some things going on here, I’m starting to put back up my solar now that my new roof is on and once that project is done then I’ll pull the big boy out and go ahead and go through the 700 TRex that’s in the MD fuselage and conquer that thing and will hopefully be updated for the next few years. For being in my 70s and not touching this stuff for at least four years I’m honestly tickled that I was able to do them both, the DIJ NAZA and the VBAR. I may be slow but I’m a junkyard dog never let go until I win!

Thank you for the kudos on my video will be inlay in the corner.

JPEE
Old 08-05-2020, 09:42 AM
JPEE

Hey guys it looks like I might get to go out and do a little flying today. JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 08-05-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:56 AM
JPEE

Mark,

I thought youíd like this, I saw this on FB andI trapped it on my iPad with copy screen. The video is 2 min long but itís a bit choppy, I went back to get more information and the ad was gone off the page. Sorry.....but it shouldnít be too hard for you to look it up by whatever model a jet this is with retractable wings.

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 08-07-2020 at 07:09 AM.