Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 06:54 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mark, I received both thanks. I’ll look up the bearing retaining compound..👍

Yes, let’s both hope for clear skies. I can’t wait another 800 years for the next one.

JPEE
Old 12-04-2020, 09:26 AM
JPEE

Mark,

Thanks for the tip on the retaining bearing compound. There are many providers of that product, Loctite too. Good to know because sometimes the bearing seats have reamed themselves out and that lock compound is just the ticket.

JPEE

sent you a pm but don’t know if it came through? Let me know please.

Last edited by JPEE; 12-04-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:07 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is a cool train. It reminds me of my N and HO scale trains growing up.

I am still in my never ending legal battle over my house. I finally had an arbitration hearing last month. Hopefully the arbitrator will make a decision by next week. This has been ruining me financially. I have been paying for the expert witness, my lawyer, and the arbitrator.

I finished adding drains and pavers around my house in September. Here is a pic of the finished product. My helis have been collecting a lot of dust. Hopefully I can move to the country and fly them again.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:58 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi Nick!

Hope you are doing well during this pandemic and are still able to work from home with your job. Your house projects look good and I'm sorry to hear of the legal troubles still haunting you and your house. Are you planning to move when you have everything sorted out?

My son loves the train set, esp. with it looping around the walls in the room. The N scale is mine and is on DCC and the HO is his and is run on DC, and is mostly elevated to go above the N scale tracks. I have mostly finished the N scale and am still working on the HO track. N scale is much smaller than I remember and I had to start using some reader glasses just to work on the track and locomotives. lol

I am still working at the hospital and things are picking up again due to the winter months and holiday seasons. We'll have to see how things go when January gets here.

To give a bit of a recap: I really got into jets during the spring and summer. Got myself a 70mm F-16 and then a 80mm A-6.

The F-16 I first converted to a Thunderbird theme and loved the look of that jet in the air, but unfortunately she snapped on me during a hot takeoff and crashed. I purchased another one in the arctic camo theme and flew it for the remainder of the summer. Gave that one a LED afterburner ring and full armament. It is a fun plane and flies like a fighter jet with yank and bank.

I then got an A-6 Intruder (like in the movie Flight of the Intruder-1991). This plane looks and flies really nice. Have to fly it more scale and usually at half throttle to really appreciate it. However, for me landings are very difficult. I've had several crashes on landings and had to do some interesting nose repairs. My last outing I had a rough landing and messed up some servo's and retracts so for now have decided to make her a hanger queen.

Several months ago I had my Goblin heli out doing some easy flying and had an issue with the tail not holding while doing forward flight. I hit throttle hold and instead of gently landing I put her down hard. So I have been slowly getting parts to get the heli back together.

For now my flying is an under construction housing development and has been quickly filling up with houses so I can't fly there anymore. I've been on the lookout for new areas and have a few that are promising.

For the past few months I have been busy inside working on the model railroad. Finished up the N scale loop so can get trains running and slowly getting the HO elevated track put together.

Other than that not too much. Staying safe and healthy!

Mark
Old 12-09-2020, 05:19 AM
JPEE

Old 12-09-2020, 02:47 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick how wonderful to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your legal battles with your home, That seems to have been a never ending battle for you for a number of years now. Really hoping for you that the arbitrator goes your way and you can get out from under it. Hopefully then move out to the country like you pointed out and have a better quality of life AND have a place to fly. Thank goodness you never liquidated your helicopters smart move. I clearly understand the financial burden you’ve been under as well with these years of fighting I guess you’re not supposed to wish harm on other people but the guy that sold you that house will pay before his maker at the end of his life is about the only way I can put it. The guy sold his soul to sell you that house and its condition. You’re looking pretty sharp in your photograph you still look young but then again I guess you are LOL.
Not much going on for me, we finally got our airport back but it six months ago after several years of fighting with the Army Corps of Engineers and others and now I have a place to fly when I’m home. The weather hasn’t been real good here in California where we are of late, wind and freezing cold not flying weather. And let’s not even talk about the Covid deal. Long story short....a couple of weeks ago, more like a month ago I went out to fly field wearing a mask stay 12 feet away from my friend only to find out that three days earlier he had been in an automobile with another guy we know who was positive and came down and got gravely ill. So three days later we were both at the hospital getting checked and thank God we both came up negative. This time of hunkering down while no fun at all is what needed to stay alive and well. You take care of yourself and don’t wait so long to drop in and say hello we miss you immensely!

JPEE
Old 12-09-2020, 06:39 PM
evdreamer

Thanks for the updates guys. This year has been pulling me down and all I want to do is sit in front of the TV after work.

Mark,

I have gone back to work. I have equipment at work that I can't test with at home. Some of the guys can still work from home if they want.

I am thinking about renting this place once the economy is better to try and get back the 20k I lost so far. This has been a very expensive lesson to learn, but I have a better understanding how water, soil, and the foundation work together. I now know my legal rights as a buyer and the consequences of not disclosing everything when selling a house. I also found some good contractors to do home inspections.

My dad wants to convert his HO trains to DCC, but he is retired and on a limited budget. I remember having a bunch of switches to control what tracks had power back in the day.

It sounds like you are doing a good job at staying safe at the hospital.

Sorry to hear about your crashes with the planes and heli. I liked my super cub because it just floated because of the large wing and I could almost come to a stand still before landing. My eye sight isn't the greatest, so I would have a hard time with the jets. My 450 is hard enough to see.

John,

That is cool those satellite pictures were taken in Omaha.

All the evidence was in my favor. My lawyer just says it is up to the arbitrator to determine a damage amount.

That is good you have a place to fly again. It got up to 60 here today. I took my motorcycle to work after lunch. I don't ever remember it being that hot in December before. I accidentally tipped over my bike when a chunk of concrete broke away in my driveway and the back tire got stuck. Now I know how much BMW marks up their parts. I spent $80 on a small plastic part that broke. Two small fairings are scratched, but those are $100+ a piece and I dented the $4500 exhaust. I can live with that, but I still love the motorcycle.

That is a scary situation with covid. My cousin's brother in law is on a ventilator. Their whole family had covid with mild symptoms except him. Two people at my mom's work had or were near someone with covid, but she tested negative. I just stay in my cube at work and go to the grocery store late at night. So far so good.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:19 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Here’s a video a friend sent today of his RR under construction. Right now he’s been building up his engines to pull those cars. He’s built those two engines out others and making them ALL driving wheels on his two engines.

Last edited by JPEE; 12-15-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:29 PM
JPEE

Test

Last edited by JPEE; 12-15-2020 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:30 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Sorry I've been away for a bit but things have been busy for the past week - my fuel pump died in my car while at work so I had to have it towed back to the house, we took a trip to the beach and stayed overnight to see a rocket launch, I replaced the fuel pump in my car and got it running again, and my dad came to visit for 2 days. Talk about a lot happening in a short time - Whew!

Will get back when I get some rest...

Mark
Old 12-18-2020, 11:01 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Is the fuel pump in your Mustang electronic? When you say you died in your car I’m assuming that it is the mustang not the Mrs. car. Thank goodness we all carry that towing service which I’ve had to use twice in my life to be towed in and a third time to have a jump.

What a wonderful treat to have your dad home for two days, I’ll bet Jorge was on top of the world with grandpa there!

Your Family should be considered Rocketeer’s! Going up to see the launch in real time.... hearing the roar that just must’ve been off the chart cool.

Not much going on here, pretty quiet in fact. My daughters are going to come by on Christmas and bring us homemade tamales and enchiladas and we will sit out in my garage open both doors and sit 40 feet apart and have a little Christmas morning and do our presents. It ain’t much but it’s better than a sharp stick in the eye as they say. I pray to God that Christmas will not be as thoughtless as Thanksgiving was by people and gather with big families and make a third wave and then New Year’s parties and revealer and create a fourth wave with their parties and gatherings. I’ve had enough being locked in myself. Every time I have to go to Kaiser Permanente just walking in the door I think... I may become contaminated by the amount of people coming and going. I so admire you for your dedication to get up and go to work every day in that environment. My analogy is........... every day you go to work it’s like walking through a minefield and making it to the other side, that’s the kind of stress placed on you.

Not much going on just sitting around talking on the HAM radio and watching the world go by.

now that I’ve thoroughly depressed you have a merry Christmas and a happy new year and a safe one for you and your family! And again glad you got to steal away for some family R&R.

John
Old 12-22-2020, 12:00 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Did you get to see it?? Jupiter and Saturn? Tonight?

We had a small window where the clouds dispersed and had the chance to see it. I think the news were a bit misleading as they made it sound like it would be perfectly in alignment and appear as one, but in reality Saturn was a bit to the side of Jupiter so you could easily make out both planets. Also, they are both low in the horizon by the time it gets dark so you only have from 6 - 8pm to see them. I may get the telescope out and try and see Saturn tomorrow night.

The fuel pump is electronic and yes, my car. This is actually my first fuel pump in any of my cars to go - and I usually keep my cars past the 200K mark. A bit surprised but then again, all those cars were 4 cylinders and this being my first 6'er, I did have a habit of enjoying quick launches from stop lights. So maybe my driving habits did it in.

The job wasn't much fun, but was mostly straight forward. Drop the tank, pop the old pump out, snap the new one in, and raise the tank back into position. Of course the worst part was leaving the 3-5 gallons of fuel that kept sloshing around when trying to lift the tank back into position. If I ever have to do it again I'm definitely draining the tank!

I decided to go with a Bosch pump over the Autozone/Advanced brand as I didn't need to do this again to replace a cheap pump down the road. Yeah, the Bosch one was a bit pricey but I had to hold to that old adage - buy cheap, buy twice.

The video you sent of the HO loco's - that is a lot of cars and shows the pulling power of your friends engines. Looks like he achieved his goal with the added traction wheels.

I'm sorry to have to report that Christmas will be worse then Thanksgiving with Covid. I've already seen some news reports and it doesn't look good. For the past few weeks our hospital has been at full capacity. Our newly renovated ER with all the extra rooms are now being used for hold patients waiting to go to rooms on the floors. Really sad but not surprising. Each positive Covid test I make sure to call the nurse (not policy to call) just so they know. Most of the time they can tell by the symptoms the patient is having, so my call is just confirming what they are already thinking.

Mark

Old 12-22-2020, 08:13 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Yes we saw the once in a lifetime Christmas Star as it’s called the day before, not quite as bright and on Monday which was so much better, that was the bright night for sure. We used 7x50 field glasses until my neighbor brought his telescope out 3-4’ long and the about 12’ dia. Once he got it set up we waited in line to look through it and the stars would get out the lens quickly then he would reset everything again.

OMGoodness, that fuel pump looks very close to the one in my Polaris Razor, $400. for that mainly plastic piece crap. Well water is 8 lbs. a gallon or so so you were humping around with about 40 pounds at 5 gallons max, wow. Not to worry you have another 200,000 miles before you have to worry about it again LOL. Yes your old adage is right on the money 💰 Thanks for posting the photos my friend, they tell a story.
I am really sorry that you are confronted with this COVID-19 and right out there in the thick of it. I’m sure I told you about my friend that is a nurse here, And he brought it home and gave it to his wife and both of his children and it’s really been a battle nothing life-threatening the kids did the best then his wife was third in line as the best and it’s kicked his butt. In fact a few minutes ago I was speaking with him and he had gone in for another Covid test yesterday and he’s waiting I think until tomorrow to lay fines if he’s gone negative. Then he hast to stay home 10 more daysBefore they will let him come back to work at the hospital. All staff members of the hospital have to take the Covid serum injection or they cannot come to work. For him because he just got over the Covid he has to wait 60 days before he can take his injection. It’s just horrible just horrible.
My daughters are Coming over Christmas morning and I will open both garage doors we will sit at each end and they will have their own bagels cream cheese and lox as we will and we’re going to make breakfast out on the garage and sit 20 feet apart and spend our Christmas morning that way. You have no idea what it’s like not to be able to even go in and hug your kids. When their birthdays were in March and April we drove over to their houses I’m sure I told you and we parked in the street and stood at the end of their driveways And left their gifts on the front patio. The world has changed deeply changed with all of this.

I wish you and your family and it’s entirety pops included too and that you all stay healthy and enjoy your Christmas and holidays together.
God Bless and Merry Christmas 🎄

JPEE, Santa’s Helper
Old 12-25-2020, 04:34 AM
Aframomum

Gentlemen,

I would like to wish both of you a truely Merry Christmas! This year has been extremely trying and I feel we will soon be seeing the light at the end of this dark tunnel.

I hope you are able to enjoy time with family, whether virtual or in person. If the latter, I'm sure you will keep safe for all as this is not a time to be letting your guard down. We are almost there!

Enjoy this day and be thankful we are safe and healthy.

Merry Christmas!

Mark
Old 12-25-2020, 10:17 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark and family, We wish you a wonderful Christmas together as a family and share the day opening presents and having some fine food on this day. I hope there was something with wheels on it under the tree for you to add to your train set or something with wings LOL. We had our Christmas morning and my daughters came by and we sat out in my garage with both doors open for fresh air with our masks until we ate breakfast and then opened our presents. Now they’ve gone back home to have a Christmas morning with their children so it’s been great!

Peace.....
John
Old 12-30-2020, 08:40 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I'm glad you were able to see your daughters for Christmas breakfast in the garage. We did the Zoom and phone call thing with everyone that morning. I know...different but still nice.

I didn't get anything train or hobby related for Christmas. I did splurge a bit early with the steamer so considered that one my early Christmas gift. lol

I did, however get sucked into Motion's website and found myself hitting the buy button for an oldie but goodie that I had some time ago. Yes, I decided to buy another Stinger jet - this time in 4S instead of 3S that I first started out with. I had been looking for a sport type jet after doing all the scale ones for so long. I guess I wanted something fast and could do 45 aerilon rolls in 1 second. I did have some good memories with my old one so what the hey!

I have to work this New Years but that's fine as I had Christmas off which makes it worth it.

Mark
Old 12-31-2020, 12:35 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Thank you, yes we had a small but nice Christmas with my daughters. It was to brief, and two far apart but it worked FOR THIS YEAR ONLY!

I concur that the 4S version will far better for you with a bit more zip in her power. Congratulations, I hope she arrives soon for you. Get on the SIM and get those thumbs limbered up my friend!

I am sorry to see you have to work on New Years but as you said, you did get Christmas off and that “to me” is better than New Years anyway. Got your PM today and thank you for the kind words, coming back and my quality is coming back too!

I suppose you got the AMA letter all UV's will soon need an ID module added? Our RC Life will be undergoing some deep changes. It was broadcast LIVE on YT and Jason and I tuned in. In case you didn't get to see it here is a link and while it will happen, it's will be tuned up as it goes through the process.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to your household and God's Speed for 2021

JP

https://fb.watch/2JXH75nxyQ/

Last edited by JPEE; 12-31-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 12:20 AM
Aframomum

Happy New Year JPEE and Nick!!

Mark
Old 01-01-2021, 06:22 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark and Nick,

2021 is here in our laps and it just has to be a better year for us all, I pray.......

I hope Nick chimes in soon as he has some spectacular news to share!

JPEE 2021
Old 01-05-2021, 08:04 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

2021...hmmm. I don't know yet.

I do know that at our hospital we are busy and full. Our vaccine distribution in Florida has been a bit of a logistical mess. Long lines and long wait times, plus everything is done through appointment that is made online. I believe Moderna is the choice here as it has a more normal storage temperature then the Pfizer vaccine.

Then we have the 2 variants of the Covid19 - the one in England and now one recently discovered in South Africa. I read that the newest South African one isn't as protected by the 2 current vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer. So with this new variant being more contagious the vaccines aren't as effective against it. The companies are going to need some time to make changes to their vaccines to make them affective to this new variant. So we wait and see...

Mark

Old 01-06-2021, 05:57 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark and Nick,

Under the present day health conditions and Covid #19 I hope this note will find you both safe and well. This world is a mess presently as well all know. I have another friend like you Mark in the medical field who is deeply involved as a Nurse at a hospital here. They had a cross contamination and 90% of the staff in their 5 teams has fallen into Covid. My friend brought it home to his wife and two children. They got through it considerably easy, he got his butt kicked and cared for himself at home. He’s now back to work but here’s the scary part. They are so understaffed, one one nurse died and the National Guard is there for support, that’s in two hospitals near me. The guard answers the telephones, does all of the typing all the paperwork and all the records, they answer the call bills for patients in their rooms but they do not perform medical duties beyond a bed pan or a urinal, and the regular hospital staff admire them so much for the help they are giving them. There are 5 teams in his hospital and each team is losing 3 souls a day times 5 teams. When EMS brings them in, the patients age determines who get life saving care and who does not!
Last night here the News said that the EMS is now making decisions of life and death in the field, who they think can be saved and not. There is no more supplies, respirators and no room in the Hospitals and the hallways already clogged with gurneys. Like you the two strains are here too.
We only leave the house for groceries and we have a wash table outside where we wash any and everything that comes into the house. If I have had a Dr. appointment of leave those shoes and clothes outside for wash and sterilization! Are we bored, YES but you can’t be bored staying alive and healthy. Honestly of course were bored everything is reruns on TV and if I didn’t have my ham radios and learning and growing in the field and talking to people I would be even more bored but we get by. It’s our humble opinion that we are not going to see daylight until April. It’s also our opinion that the president should’ve locked down trains planes and buses for Thanksgiving Christmas and New Year’s and nobody should’ve been allowed to travel. We need to take the nonbelievers and walk them through them Morgue trailers behind all of the hospitals to make them “believers” so to speak to let them see what’s first hand whats really going on! Add to that, the inauguration and what’s going to happen with possible rioting between Trump and Biden. On the news last night they were speaking that there are hundreds that are getting ready to protest and when there’s protestors there are people together with and without masks and exacerbating this virus mess, what to do, what to do question? Take care of yourselves and loved ones, that’s all we can do.

Gods speed to you both.
JPEE
Old 01-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Aframomum

Hello JPEE,

I had read some of the things happening and decisions being made in response to a dire situation, but to hear it from you living in it is completely different. I am hoping this situation improves in the coming months.

I'm sorry but I cannot comment on the DC occurrence - its too unimaginable to believe. History is definitely being written with a dark pen.

Our hospital is full but I know our community is still growing and that is saving us the overload that you are experiencing. I'm sure if we had a larger population we would be in worse shape, plus our state is completely open. Go to a restaurant and you'd think everything was peachy. It's like society doesn't care anymore...mostly. You walk into Lowe's and see people with no masks, not to mention what's social distancing? It's sad b/c its the medical personnel that's getting worn out. Short staff, heavy patient load, and the constant threat of the virus takes a toll on a body.

I've also been watching for reports on how the vaccines are doing and any side affects being reported. So far a few cases of allergic reactions with one serious down in Mexico, some reports of temp. paralysis of the facial nerve (bell's palsy), and one death reported. A S. Florida MD died from a condition where the platelets are attacked by the body's immune system shortly after receiving the Pfizer vaccine. Its still being investigated but worth noting.

Stay safe and keep your wits about you, don't let your guard down - as they say, stay vigilant. We'll get through this,

Mark
Old 01-08-2021, 07:11 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

We too are praying for some good news on the virus situation in the next few months, but it’s beyond terrible presently.

As we see and read what those did in the White House, they used the floors as toilets and trumping through it to track it around. The physical damage to the offices, spewing files And damaging records, they are not Americans in anyway shape or form. Yes, these recent events will be logged into the annals of history thats for sure! I have said this before and shall say it again, I am in barest for this country with what the rest of the world is seeing us do and go through politically. We’ve become a 2nd to 3rd world country. Personally and this is a very sore point for me I don’t think there’s any country left on the globe that looks at house with respect, or as a leader, or a world power like we used to be.

I am a bit shocked to read how “open” Florida is as you accurately describe it I am sure. We both know that mentality is why we are where we are today. My nurse friend here, his whole family, cousins, aunts and uncles are all in the medical field and great portion of them two days ago have come down with the virus and they work at several different hospital too. He fears for them as several are in their 50s and higher. He drives 50 miles
a day dropping food and medical supplies and the stuff he took during his bout with the virus. Did I send you the list of things that he took in the way of vitamins and electrolytes and what have you? If not let me know I will forward it to you if you like.

This is not a time to lower your guard at all. A mistake or a wee bit of carelessness could be fatal it’s not serious. Funny, Today I went in for a blood test at 8 AM. Ready for battle I have my medical card in my shirt pocket my mascon and my little 2 ounce bottle of hand sanitizer hanging off the front of my shirt button hole. I walk in the door and go through the temperature screening and all of the questions then proceed to the window for my appointment. I then hold up my medical card so she can read the number through the glass and she enters me another computer for the blood draw. With card back in my pocket I go down to the lab walk in sit down undergo the blood draw and start to exit the premises. The exit door has a panic bar and the doors open outwardly so I just bump up against it push the door open with my butt and walk out of the hospital and still washed my hands before I got to my car and touch the doorhandles. We’re still washing all of our groceries Amazon FedEx anything that comes to the property get sterilized before it comes in. If I go into the main hospital and go through the elevators and what have you then I come home and takeoff those clothes and shoes and they don’t come in the house they get washed. In my humble opinion there is no such thing as being overly cautious because if you slip and you make a mistake you could pay with your life at least at my age and my health condition.

on the upside for RC, I get so many ads for crawlers and off-road cars and hardly anything for helicopters it seems like the helicopter world is kind of died out. I believe there’s a new SAB But that’s a real stick banger and I am not interested in anything like that. They’re showing airplanes again they had a nice T 28 in taxi cab yellow which would really be easy to see in the sky for sure and they’ve increased its ability and it’s motor per the description. I’ve got the white and red one that I’ve had for years and she flies like a dream, she’s not real fast or real agile but a relaxing flyer. but that’s a real stick banger and I’m not interested in anything like that. They’re showing airplanes again they had a nice T 28 in taxicab yellow which would really be easy to see in the sky for sure and they’ve increased its ability and its motor per the description. I’ve got the white and red one that I’ve had for years and she flies like a dream, she’s not real fast or real agile but a relaxing flyer. Now my jug that’s a different story I’ve got a pay attention while I fly that as she is very agile and fast which keeps me on my toes. I was hoping to get to fly this week just go up to the field by myself but we have had wind even though the days have been pretty nice right now it’s blowing up to 45 miles an hour tonight and tomorrow the house is just shaking but the day was beautiful with a stiff breeze and I had both garage doors open all day and enjoying the sun.

i’ll throw up a few photos of a power supply my first one from back in the day that has a plug-in cord to turn it on and unplug it to turn it off. So I decided that I would use it as a power supply because it’s regulated to put out 13.8 volts DC or my QYT HAM radio. Right now I run it off my solar batteries but I want to bring it inside the house in our little home office so I don’t have to jump up and go out and either heat or warm up the garage. I’ll leave one out there I suppose and just buy a second unit they’re not that expensive, about a buck and a half as they say. I’ll have to pull and reroute 75 feet of coax through the attic pop-it through the closet ceiling and bring it down and string behind the desk. I figure I’ll be up to that in another week or so. Back to the power supply what I did was open it up cut the outside skin skillfully with a Dremel and insert a rocker switch that’s lit when the power is on. Also I’ll try and explain it, the power cord just came in and screwed down on the power block on the back of the unit so I had to drill a round hole in the side below the rocker switch and put a cord compression fitting crimp that down and pop it in the hole and then is you’ll see cut the backside of the lug block to push the wires back out to where the AC wires went from the inside out. Works like a charm, It’s I left it on all day no problemo‘s. You will see some hot glue that I put inside where the cord grip came through as there was just a couple of thousands slop and I found it annoying so I just flowed some hot glue from the inside to stabilize it.
JPEE was here!

Last edited by JPEE; 01-08-2021 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:45 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Sorry for the delay but have been busy at work.

I do like the changes that you made with your power supplies. Routing the cord to inside the case was a nice touch, keeps everything cleaned up - plus you were able to incorporate a switch into it that makes it even more user friendly. And finally you added a digital readout display so you can see what your producing in terms of voltage.

Nice work!

More later on...

Mark
Old 01-19-2021, 06:02 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark,

To start with thanks for the complements. Once completed I had another issue on my hands, the fan as always but was not an issue and PS for charging batteries was loud! That sitting on the bench was annoying and was unacceptable. My good friend Jason a IT computer guy showed me about quite fans, they are called Noctua. They cost a bit more but.......you cannot hear them run. I have not used two of the fans and they make a huge difference in efficiency and next to no noise at all and running. I’ve been assembling everything to bring my rig or get a second one in so I can talk on the ham radio from in our home office versus going out to the shop where I have everything mounted on the bench. Now that power supply whispers and can be right on my desk when I move in the house. Outside the rig is powered by my solar batteries so that’s a non issue out there.

Tried and considered trying to fly a few times but we have had high winds for weeks now! Today and through tomorrow we are expected winds beyond 50 mph ICKY.

Take care my friends

BTW: A bit early, but while I am here HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow NICK! Birthday 🎂

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.