Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 01-29-2021, 06:16 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back now, but with some unfortunate news...my son has tested positive several days ago.

We have all been quarantining at home since finding out. We made calls to his school, our jobs, and all the people we came in contact with. My wife and I got tested and are waiting 2-3 days for the results. The health department also contacted us yesterday.

We first thought he had strep as the symptoms came quickly - fatigue, fever, sore throat and naseau. What a surprise to find out not strep, but covid.

Just wanted to keep you updated...

Mark
Old 01-29-2021, 07:16 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,
That’s quite and update, may the Lord Bless your entire household and that you get through this with minimal discomfort and of course that you and your wife escape without contracting and George comes through with as much ease as possible with Covid. We deeply shocked and moved that your facing this problem.
We will bless your family in our nightly prayers. Thank you for letting us know, there’s strength in numbers pulling together for you.

John n Judy 🙏🏻
Old 02-03-2021, 08:39 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Just wanted to let you know that things are looking better now and to let you know I sent you a PM.

Thank you for all your warm wishes,

Mark
Old 02-07-2021, 09:32 PM
Aframomum

I wanted to extend my belated birthday wishes to both you Nick and John - hope you had a nice one and got some interesting stuff!

Mark
Old 02-07-2021, 09:51 PM
Aframomum

And some updates...

Now that things are slowly returning to normal and everyone is recovering, my wife and I have gotten back to our jobs.

I forgot to mention but our hospital has gotten a completely new computer system. We had to attend several classes (4 and 6 hour long classes online) to help us prepare. What a fiasco! Its like starting all over again and having to deal with all the little bugs that creep up during Beta testing - what fun!! But we are slowly getting through this and starting to sort of appreciate the new software.

I finished gathering all the parts for the Goblin repair and came to a screeching realization - this is an expensive heli to crash. So after giving it some thought I think I may put it back together and sell it. I could use the 3700's on a 500 and get double the flights I get now. That would be nice. Plus I could get a heli that has a TT and get away from the belts. Was never a fan of them. So got some research to do as I've been out of the heli market for some time.

JPEE, will reply to your email when I have some time off - okay?

Mark
Old 02-08-2021, 06:18 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

What wonderful news to hear that the family is on the shirt tails of 19 and that life is starting to come back for you to resume some type of normalcy.

I am at a loss for words where you have to attend those classes for four hours plus that must’ve just been horrific I can’t even fathom doing that. And you’re absolutely right a new roll out is always fraught with bugs and issues. GEEZZZ

I had charged six batteries to fly with the guys on Saturday morning at the park. They throw their hand launch no motorgliders and I take my big radian glider with motor and a battery. Saturday morning got up didn’t feel very good so I had to cancel. So today I went out to burn through the batteries and three of them were for the little 230 helicopter and man on top of having dumb thumbs in the sky being a bit gray in the helicopter being small in my old age I had a hell of a time trying to fly to packs. I can see what father time was stealing from me clearly. At some point I guess I’ll always be able to fly scale in my big red Heli’s because I can keep track of it. We’re trying to keep track of the 600 and the 500 may have to give way to just flying planes that are slower and a little more forgiving. Don’t misunderstand me I’m not saying I’m old and throwing in the towel by any means because there’s guys that fly the snot out of a plane and even a helicopter small ones that are almost 80 years old, so I’ve still got some fight left in me. I guess I’m bringing this point up because if you talked about how expensive it was to crash that it does sneak up on you. I was all hot to buy that second 700 or 800 and I ask myself do I really want to spend $1800 on another helicopter at this point and I’ve never move forward. Like the old military saying for a footsoldier, smoke them if you got them! I’m getting to the point where it’s fly it if you got it! So when in a sense it’s just like your goblin. The best part is, is that you can reuse the batteries on other aircraft when you sell it and IF you get anther heli’s w/TT you might be happier.

Thank you for the birthday wishes it was great one. My daughters came by spin a couple of hours when we sat in the big garage with both doors open 20 feet apart with masks 😷 until we ate lunch. They made me rice n beens with cheese enchiladas, I even sneaked in a cold beer too. #73, but who’s counting?

Ok that’s it from my end, I hope I cover all the due topics. Your get well and get to where you were time, good food and happiness 👍