Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 04-30-2021, 01:41 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mark, just a quick reply and thank you for the link I did go look up the track cleaning box car. It’s hilarious how something so simple to make will do the job. What’s not simple is the guys that try different things to get to that point to find out that is a pretty good way to meet the needs for track cleaning. Outstanding I can’t wait to see what you build.
I am glad to hear you’re getting your wind back LOL enable to run and exercise and build your body back up. There’s nothing like a critical illness to show you how good you had it before you contracted or got hurt whatever the case may be and you’re back on your feet.

you guys take care and it’s really hot in California 96 today about the same yesterday someplace is up to 99 waiting for to cool off a bit and I got a guy that wants to go to the field and see a drone fly in real time. He’s interested in getting one but he wants to see what it’s all about first.

JPEE was here, Kilroy was busy today LOL
Old 04-30-2021, 07:11 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi JPEE,

I was able to finish up my first DIY cleaner car last night and was amazed at how effective it was! I ran it around the layout for about 45 minutes and it did wonders. I had all my loco's running at the same time - even one of my finickiest one's had no problems after a few laps. It's really crazy how simple it is but does a thorough job. And after, I just hit the bottom of the wood with some sandpaper to clean off the grime and its ready to go again. I'm going to make another one with a spare boxcar tonight so I can have two running on separate trains around the layout whenever its needed.

Sorry to hear about the heat already - we hit 90 today and you could definitely feel it!

Mark

Old 05-01-2021, 01:56 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark, My congratulations on a very nice job creating your track cleaner. Itís just as I saw in the video perhaps a bit wider. Your photos say it all with the black dirt so visible on the wood. By all means if you can have two box cars set up that way your maintenance will be zero to those hard-to-reach areas of track. we are so much alike and are taking the time and detail to our hobby projects. It does not take much longer to do it right rather than rush through it and have no pride. again, that is a very nice job, you are a craftsman! Thank you for taking the time to shoot the photos and post them I do appreciate it!

JPEE
PS: Thanks for your support regarding my testing. Today I took 12 tests and pass them all some with plenty of room to spare for the high score and some just at the score for passing. But I have another 15 days to keep testing here at home to ensure I make it on the first try. I could go probably tomorrow and take the test and pass and move on via zoom. But I want to go to the rec room at the church about 15 miles away and sit down with the guys and live the experience, so I am sticking with taking the test live in person.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:30 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I was able to get some work done on the layout my past few days off. Of course it did help that some of my supplies that I was running low on also came in around the same time. So I got some extra track laid for both the HO and N yards. I had to order an extra switch as all the ones I had were right hand and yes, I needed a left hand one. Such a logistical mess. lol I also was running low on roadbed so that was nice to get another roll.

Thanks for the compliments on the cleaner car - my second one went together much faster. Now its nice that I have 2 running on the layout at any given time and absolutely no issues with any of my other loco's. Speaking of loco's - I need to stop looking at model train websites as I'm itching to get something. Was looking at a consist of F7 A/B - they really are iconic in early diesel loco's. But I'm going to try and hold off as I'm not really ready to do decoder purchase and installs for both the A and B units right now. (Be nice to finish the layout first lol)

I'm glad to hear you are able to take an in-person test at your local church. As you said, its about living the experience of it rather than just taking the test online via zoom. I never realized you had so much testing to finish - 12 in one day sounds brutal. lol

I was able to finish up a video today of the layout and the cleaning cars:

Mark
Old 05-07-2021, 07:57 AM
JPEE

Mark,
LOL layout logistics are always fun as well as what parts you have on hand generally speaking....... are not you need at the time.
After watching the video earlier of the track cleaner in motion I knew the two you built would be the ticket and do you well. I speculate that the black grim you get off the track could be.....some plastic off the wheels of the cars, that said I feel the track really picks up the shmoots from the engines steel wheels and track contact with the DC dc power arcing so small you cannot see it with your naked eye. Any who.....the track cleaners will maintain your layout nicely. Would it be fair to say that youíll have to do the same for smaller track Ng?
Decoder for the engines?

An acquaintance of mine took his online a couple of weeks ago and they have you take your camera phone and walk about the room you were going to test in. They made him start with the floor and under the beds on every horizontal surface, then move up and look across the top of all the beds other furniture tables in the room he was in, next they had him Stream all of his walls and artwork aquariums posters looking for any signs of information to cheat while heís taking the test. But the one that shocked him was when they had him hold his phone up and cover every square inch of the ceiling! Seems recently for another home zoom test someone had taken their camera at request of the testing committee checked every wall and floor as they did with my friend but never looked at the ceiling. Near the end they found as they watched him take the test he kind a looked up from time to time, so they had him take the camera and face the ceiling and there were all the helpful notes and what have you. Yeah again, zoom testing.... thatís not like being in the room with 19 other men and women taking the test and getting their hurrah right there when they check your test and everybody gets a handshake and a pat on the back. Doing it on zoom is like getting married all alone LOL.

I cannot thank you enough for the time in the effort you put into the video, you are a skilled cameraman to say the least. It really gives the viewer the scope of the detail in the work let alone just the layout itself thatís gone into your railroad yard. With the two trains you had in motion moving about the tracks was a bit like looking at fish in aquarium. It was very relaxing and that they were just barely moving I think is what brought that point home so you, me could enjoy it. Not to sound discriminatory against women but...... little boys got the train sets for Christmas and the girls got dolls but it does take me back to my childhood when I watch the trains on the roll and in motion, itís just relaxing to ones self and fills at least my head with good memories.

JP
PS: I will be sending to an email about my grandsons big surprise day before yesterday with two 30 sec videos.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:17 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Glad you liked the video - I really tried to make sure I was very steady while holding the camera and not move around too fast. The video was of the N scale track and the cleaners were 2 N scale boxcars I had from my layout back in 2008, recently converted. I still can't get over how much grime gathers on the tracks just from running the trains. I have been experimenting by running just one loco at a time with a cleaner car and see how much is picked up. Just want to see if there is any difference between the different loco's.

Sorry about the model railroad jargon - a decoder is a small circuit board that you put into the loco. So, when you buy a loco you also have to buy a decoder as well. It's part of the DCC system of controlling the trains. My son's HO set uses the old DC powerpacks b/c its a lower voltage setting. DCC uses around 12V - all the time. DC is variable from 0 - 12V. So a short will cause less damage with DC verses DCC.

I had to read your online testing comment twice just to make sure I got what you said - someone was trying to cheat by posting notes on the ceiling. What??? That is just crazy. Some people...

I get the whole in-person thing - you get to enjoy your accomplishment with all the others in the room and then have time afterwards to talk and make acquaintances.

Your grandson's video's were terrific. That looked like an R44 - Wow!

I can imagine you are just so proud of his accomplishments in that field. One that you initially planted the idea and helped to nurture it and see it develop over time. The sky's really the limit for him!

Mark
Old 05-12-2021, 05:26 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Yes, I did love the video, your getting so good at it sometimes I think your Huell Houser and Louie the camera man is backing you up.

Now I think I understand, the Locomotives come without the DDC board so “going out on a limb here” so you can put the board in you want for your particular needs or voltage. The HOs are already set and you just pick up the transfer of the power from the wheels.

Saturday is my big day, I feel good and have been quizzing 10 times per day 35 questions each. I expect when you say R44 is a Robinson. Turns out his boss owns the restaurant at the airfield where he takes his flying lessons so he’s working in the restaurant to make a few bucks then walk across the street to the school and then go flying but his boss is really taking a liking to him lucky kid.
PROUD.......doesn’t even begin to say how happy I am and that I placed the bug in his ear! He is doing me proud in his own way.

Keep your fingers crossed for me I know you will and I’ll let you know if I make it, I mean when I make it got to be positive.
JP

Last edited by JPEE; 05-12-2021 at 05:29 PM.