Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 08-07-2022, 02:45 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,

Glad you had a very eventful birthday. Were you Scuba diving alone? Hope your wife is close to well from C12 too.
The train track upgrade was warranted, that should make life a little easier. The photo of the occupied tracks lights red and green look cool.
No flying for me, like now 100° as I write this not note and my friend Jason has been down for two weeks and his wife the week before that with C-12. How funny is this, as I’m writing this note to you he just tested clean moments ago today of C 12 so he’s looking to start buying some more helicopter parts L0L.
You might be on track LOl on the green lights and a needed resistor. Who knows what China used as LED bulbs? I thought just occurred to me, they must be 12 V I’m assuming what if you take one of those on the bench and put the wires from the green light on your transformer that runs the engines and dial it up and down to see what the voltage is right for the green light. Or something close to that so you know what resistor to get? hummmmm
I really do as I mentioned above I think that the automatic switch is to turn off those tracks or you’ve got Lokos parked saves a lot of possible damage with the train taking off you didn’t expect to. You guys have got a great set up going.

I’ve just been playing with my ham radios and trying to stay out of this heat and horrible humidity we’ve been having here in California. A lifetime friend since we were kids just gifted me his $500 HF radio to me and bought a bigger rig for himself for HF, “high frequency” for global conversations as opposed to the radios I use now. My license does give me some latitude in that frequency range but not completely. So I may study over the winter and go to the next level to give me full frequency range in ham radio. You know we have no water so our lawns are near dead we’re only allowed to water 15 minutes a valve two days a week so we’re really struggling over here.

Take care I’m glad you had a great birthday what would be like to be 21 again😉

JPEE

Old 08-07-2022, 02:50 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark, nice picture of the trail from the rocket launch. I think I told you we’ve tried to watch too from Vandenberg over here and we saw about 25% of a trail compared to what you show there in your pictures because it was broad daylight and we’re just at the 150 mile mark and could not see the rocket itself. However on the night launches we’ve seen one and that was spectacular the flames the separation of boosters it was spectacular?

JPEE
Old 08-11-2022, 08:57 AM
JPEE

Mark,
I stumbled onto this video a few minutes ago 9:50 AM on Thursday, August 11. The minute I saw it I finished it and said I have to get this to Mark. Without further ado here is the link.

i’ll preface by saying in nine days it’s had 2.3 million hits!

Old 08-12-2022, 12:54 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi JPEE,

What an incredible feat of individual design engineering! Not to mention perseverance - 7 years, yikes! I wonder if he'll get an invite from SpaceX??

You are right in that daytime launches are ok in that you really don't get to see much of a vapor trail. Much closer and you get to see the rocket, and hear it too! But night and dawn/dusk launches are incredible. Easy to make out everything happening, even get to see the second stage light up and move away like a slowly moving star.

I was doing snorkeling on my Bday. I haven't pulled out my scuba gear in several years, so when I'm ready again I'll have to get my regulator serviced. But the snorkeling was nice and rather relaxing just hanging out on the surface. Plus no heavy tank, weights, or vest - just a pair of shorts, snorkel, and mask.

It sounds like your moving up in your HAM operator's hobby. That was very gracious of your friend to gift you his radio. As you said, now you'll have to expand your license to go full range so you can get full use of your new radio.

I have been watching the news for the past month and your entire area is being hit hard with the drought. Lake levels and all. I hope you receive some relief in the near future.

For the past week I have been studying up on LED's, resistors, wiring in series and parallel (in regards to LED wiring, similar to our heli's). I also picked up a few things from Amazon to help. I was a bit surprised when I tested the AC side of both the train packs - both read close to 20V. I suppose I thought they were closer to 12V but no. Now wonder the little green led's are burning out - they only have a 1000ohm resistor on them.

Mark
Old 08-12-2022, 08:55 AM
JPEE

Hi Mark,
As i said, when I saw that I thought of you and Mr. G the Rocketeers!

Just this moment I got an email notifying me that Space x is launching at 2:30 pm. or so. Not going to bother standing outside at a 100 degrees today to barely see the white smoke trail.

Oh Boy does the snorkeling sound so much easier. Yes there is a place for deep diving of course, but floating on top has its plus's too.

Yes it is fun to (the term) Work the HF Bands and I have so much to learn compared what I have been doing to present. I can talk now globally via devices hook from my radio to a computer. But this is what you would call Short Wave transmissions.
here at home I can for the most part to the entire USA via repeaters that link state to state. Studying again for the higher HAM License is a lot of work and I am not a kid so retention is lower LOL.
I am going out now to catch the washing machine water 20 gallons per load and then I either with a pump water the lawns with it at night or........set the hose in the flower beds, we use organic soaps so there no issues.

Our lawns are 50-75% dead the new watering rules in force. Lake Mead, Bolder Dam our water source waaaaaay down, no joking matter.

I would have thought 12-14vts DC rather than AC too? That is something along with the resistors you need to look DEEPLY into, good luck my friend.

Best, JPEE
Old 08-16-2022, 12:55 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Sounds like you got some studying to do there in the future...I'm sure you'll have no problem learning about something you enjoy.

When things get that hot, just watch the launch from your TV or computer...in the cool indoors!

So I picked up a great little kit from Amazon that had a nice assortment of resistors and LED's (like 600 resistors and 200 LED of various colors). I also found a nice kit that had a whole lotta shrink wraps of different diameters all cut into 1.5" sections. I have some shrink wrap, but as goes its never to be found when you need it. So this was much more convenient and even has a nice storage tray for it all. Plus the price was less than $15 for each so couldn't pass it up.

Mark
Old 08-16-2022, 09:02 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark good to hear from you as always, Yes this is something I’m going to think about and consider when we take our little vacation you know to what I speak. Different environment quieter to start studying.I was talking to my friend Phil that has the big yard train layout about what you ran into on your lights and he was quite aware of those things happening.

yes maybe when I get to the other place and things are calm down you don’t have the daily grind like here between flying out there I’ll study when I can’t fly like of the wind is blowing.

today was a landmark morning I got up and it was 70° 28% humidity. I haven’t seen 70° in the morning and over a month. So I’m looking forward to perhaps not quite as hot today I didn’t look to see what the outlook is from the weather station.

well it sounds like you really picked up an Amazon assortment to be sure. Funny you talk about shrink wrap I need shrink wrap that is 2 1/2 feet long and you can’t buy sticks like that but I could find you have to buy a roll and it’s like $24 cause I need a total of 67 feet for a radio project for insulation on some wires. I know there’s a place in the Desert that sells long sticks so I’m gonna wait till I get back there. They have stuff it’s so big on our off-road vehicles we all have big lighted whip antennas so we buy the rolls of LED lights and spiral them from bottom to top and then slide over clear shrink wrap and hit it with a air gun and shrink it down keeping everything watertight. I might add that I get my normal shrink wrap from Harbor Freight, I don’t know if you have those back east they are nationwide but I’m sure you do. It comes in a box there’s different assortments the boxes look the same but they have different shrink wrap in that size that you just mentioned like 2 1/2 inch.

OK well have a good day my friend whenever you read this I’ve got to dash off for a doctors appointment, lucky for you this will be brief and you won’t have one of my novels.

take care and good luck on the first installation of the resistor and get that like the way it should be.

JPEE
Old 08-16-2022, 05:22 PM
evdreamer

John,

We have a few followers on the food blog. We were hoping to monetize it eventually. We are just reviewing local restaurants. Apparently there are almost 200 in this small town. I want to offer simple repairs like oil changes, brake jobs, some suspension work and some other simple repairs free of charge to people who can't afford a mechanic. I volunteered at a place that did that in Lincoln, so I have an idea of what works and doesn't. The detail business will be a for profit and more of a hobby for me. The car dealership is to donate cheap reliable cars to people in need. My wife is filing the paper work for the non profit. It is just a small portion of what she plans to do for victims of sex trafficking.

Mark,

That is good you enjoyed your birthday. It looks like you got a nice train setup.

My Miata is a 2001. It had to be a stick. I was tired of autos. It will always be garaged and never see winter roads. Apparently rust is really bad out here from the salt. I do like to park farther away and I can kind of get away with it in this car. My wife likes me to park right by the door to places. I still have the BMW motorcycle. I had amish do the siding and roof. I hired out the bathrooms. I did the floors, paint and minor plumbing work. I still need to put in the kitchen cupboards. I am just limited by time and money.

I still have my engineering job.

Nick
Old 08-16-2022, 09:15 PM
Aframomum

Hi Nick!

Your Miata is very nice looking for a 2001, the previous owner did a great job caring for her.

I didn't know if you were still working from home or if you were required to report back in person.

Be careful when doing work on other people's cars, no matter your original intent.

I had a co-worker that did a side job doing car repair work. He would do the repairs at the customers home (usually in the driveway or street) and had several jobs that came back to bite him. Time constraints, customers over expectations on how long the job would take, customer claiming repair failed after several weeks or repair caused other problems with the car to appear. He eventually had to stop doing work as it became overtaxing for him (plus he worked nightshift so the lack of sleep didn't help).

But if you have some prior experience it can work - just don't over extend yourself with too many jobs.

Your house renovations sound like they are coming along nicely. Floors, painting, plumbing, and kitchen counters is no small task. Well done!

JPEE,

A beautiful 70* morning - Wow! I cannot wait and I'm sure you enjoyed it to the fullest.

I never knew they tubed sections of shrink wrap by the foot.

Aw, don't fret - your novels are always welcomed!

So yesterday I was having a time trying to get some pictures loaded - which is why my previous post had none. So today I had better luck so I wanted to share some with you:

Capacitor and shrink wrap kit:

Got an HO yard light soldered up to a capacitor and also wired up an LED all hooked up to a switch. Tested and it worked!

This is the first rendition of the control board for the HO side (definitely an evolving work in progress ):

Mark
Old 08-18-2022, 02:40 PM
JPEE

]John,

We have a few followers on the food blog. We were hoping to monetize it eventually. We are just reviewing local restaurants. Apparently there are almost 200 in this small town. I want to offer simple repairs like oil changes, brake jobs, some suspension work and some other simple repairs free of charge to people who can't afford a mechanic. I volunteered at a place that did that in Lincoln, so I have an idea of what works and doesn't. The detail business will be a for profit and more of a hobby for me. The car dealership is to donate cheap reliable cars to people in need. My wife is filing the paper work for the non profit. It is just a small portion of what she plans to do for victims of sex trafficking.

Mark,

That is good you enjoyed your birthday. It looks like you got a nice train setup.

My Miata is a 2001. It had to be a stick. I was tired of autos. It will always be garaged and never see winter roads. Apparently rust is really bad out here from the salt. I do like to park farther away and I can kind of get away with it in this car. My wife likes me to park right by the door to places. I still have the BMW motorcycle. I had amish do the siding and roof. I hired out the bathrooms. I did the floors, paint and minor plumbing work. I still need to put in the kitchen cupboards. I am just limited by time and money.

I still have my engineering job.

Nick
Old 08-18-2022, 02:40 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

So if I’m understanding this correctly, you have a food blog and it’s not that you’re cooking and posting as much as it is going out to eat and being a undercover restaurant critic and posting in your blog how the service, the food and the portions were, am I on track here? In any case I’m glad that might turn into something that aspire to monetize and have some extra income. You did surprise me when you said there’s 200 restaurants in your town, that’s a lot of restaurants for Mayberry! lol.

Keeping it simple on the automobile maintenance and light repairs like oil changes, shocks, things like that are easy and they doesn’t require a ton of specialty tools. Ideally with your experience doing that in Lincoln you know what flies and what doesn’t so you’re already ahead of the game. I wish you good luck.

Yes if you can get a few cars to wash, wax, clay bar, seal, defog the head light lens, there’s just a thousand things you can do that would be great!

I’m sure Mark is as proud of you as I am for you and your wife to be the advocate for victims of sex trafficking and perhaps other conditions as well. You have a pretty detailed master plan of what you both want to do, however……….
it all takes money to be able to give back to the ideas and goal you’re supporting to the public in need.

I say to you my friend some wisdom from age 75 with gray hair, doing good for others is wonderful to be sure, but neglect your own future…… keep a balance there!

My best to you both, JP

Last edited by JPEE; 08-18-2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:51 PM
JPEE

Old 08-27-2022, 11:30 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that this Monday (tomorrow morning), 8/29 - NASA is planning its first test flight of the Artemis I moon rocket with the Orion capsule. Liftoff is scheduled for 0833 EST with a 2-hour window opportunity.

NASA’s most powerful rocket poised for launch on Artemis 1 moon mission – Spaceflight Now

The last moon mission lifted off December 7, 1972 (Apollo 17) - I wasn't even born yet!

Will definitely be outside to see it go up!

Mark

P.S. - JPEE, that is one tiny pencil loco.
Old 08-28-2022, 03:44 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

You are so lucky to live so close to Cape Canaveral and “live”these moments in history. That will be a great spectacle. Funny I am thinking your words…..and so will Mr. G and in later years he will be saying the same thing, I was just a kid when that blasted that rocket off. Anyway, I hope you all have a good viewing! Unfortunately……………. my launch out of Vandenberg here in Calif was scrubbed about six hours early and I didn’t see any reason why. They didn’t share a rescheduled date. This was going to be another star link mission I think. I felt like such a fool, I sent the launch information to several friends so they would be home and out in their yards at 10:30 PM to see it because we are close enough so it’s like 120 away it can be seen for hundreds of miles at night as they posted. Then I had to grab all of those people and send out another line of emails saying it’s canceled so they would stay up till 10:30 p.m. to walk out and see it.

JPEE
Old 08-30-2022, 05:37 PM
Aframomum

Scrubbed due to multiple technical issues then weather.

Next attempt Saturday afternoon starting at 2:17PM.

Hope they are able to sort the issue with engine #3 cool down...

Mark
Old 08-30-2022, 05:49 PM
JPEE

Mark, this is for us from Vandenberg space force for tomorrow night.

On Aug 30, 2022, at 11:26 AM, Launch Alert <[email protected]> wrote:
The following is an announcement from SpaceX:

WATCH LIVE: STARLINK MISSION

SpaceX is targeting today, Tuesday, August 30 for a Falcon 9 launch of 46 Starlink satellites to low-Earth orbit from Space Launch Complex 4 East (SLC-4E) at Vandenberg Space Force Base in California. The instantaneous launch window is at 10:40 p.m. PT (5:40 UTC on Wednesday, August 31), and a backup opportunity is available on Wednesday, August 31 at 10:40 p.m. PT (05:40 UTC on Thursday, September 1).

The first stage booster supporting this mission previously launched Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich, DART, and four Starlink missions. Following stage separation, Falcon 9’s first stage will return to Earth and land on the Of Course I Still Love You droneship stationed in the Pacific Ocean.

You can watch the live launch webcast [https://www.spacex.com/launches/sl3-4/] starting about 5 minutes before liftoff.
__________________________________________________ ____________
Old 08-31-2022, 08:54 PM
Aframomum

Hey JPEE,

Did you get to see the SpaceX launch last night? I bet it was a great night launch!

Mark
Old 09-01-2022, 08:24 AM
JPEE

Originally Posted by Aframomum
Hey JPEE,

Did you get to see the SpaceX launch last night? I bet it was a great night launch!

Mark
NO, we missed it. It was because of the language the way it was written if you go back up and read what they posted the first like four lines say it’s going to happen on one day and then there’s a comma and then it says that it’s going to be the next day sorry I can’t see it while I’m on writing this what it says but it threw us off so unfortunately we missed it. I was so confused that I read it again that morning and the way they made it sound is that they’re set up or their tracking was gonna be done that day that turned out to be the lodge and the next day they would launch, but they fooled us.

JPEE
Old 09-03-2022, 09:00 PM
Aframomum

I'm sorry to hear you missed the launch b/c of confusing wording in the launch date reporting. Sometimes the best thing to do is to check the website on the first day they list to see if anything is happening, then check again the next day. Odds are you'll hit it on one of those days.

I usually rely on the website www.spaceflightnow.com to keep tabs on what's going on. They also include a live update with what's going on - fuel loading, etc.

I see Artemis I is running into multiple issues preventing launch. From faulty sensors to leaky quick disconnects on fueling hoses. With a brand new rocket and brand new gantry its not too surprising there would be unexpected setbacks. They said the latest is with the quick connect piping that is used to fill the liquid hydrogen. They may try some mini fuel loading to see if their repairs are successful, that way they can leave the rocket on the pad and not have to roll it back to the VAB. If they decide to roll back to the VAB for repairs then the launch will slip to October time frame. I know its unmanned but better to make sure its ready to go rather then force it just b/c its such a huge public display right now.

I have been planning a drainage project for the backyard. Want to run some pipe underground to take water away from the gutters. Been watching some youtube video's on how to do it, what materials I need, etc. Figure a good weekend would be enough to do it all. Thinking about hurricane season picking up this month, so don't want to wait too long.

Has the weather cooled down for you guys? I have been watching some news reports and they say the heat is terrible.

Take care and have a good weekend,

Mark
Old 09-04-2022, 10:15 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark, Yes it was a bit embarrassing to have missed the launch over the vernacular in that letter. There will be more to come and I will be sure to catch that one. Yes we have followed the moon flight and that it was canceled possibly to October. They have a lot of our tax dollars there on the launching pad, they’ve got to take every precaution they possibly can plus more! Thanks for the link spaceflight now, I’ll take a look at that and see if it covers Vandenberg. It’s kind of interesting that this same part has cracked or whatever on the rocket two times in a row? Wonder what country that part was made in????

it sounds like you have a pretty good size job ahead of you on your drainage project. Remember that’s what Nick had to do at the house he finally sold. When I rebuilt my house after the earthquake all five gutter downspouts go into underground piping and out to the street. The front of the house, one goes down underground and out through the curb to the street and the other to go down the driveway and it does make a big difference how much water stays on the property.
When you talk about hurricanes it takes me back to when you were bringing in all of your patio furniture so it did not become a missile in the storms when they hit you and everything’s in motion.

The weather has not cooled down at all, yesterday was 104 and we have fires north of us and then the ones up above Northern California almost to the Oregon border that my friend had to evacuate again for the second time. We are very very, very dry. Today it can be anywhere from 110 or greater! This is the big day that there could Power failures from the grid. We are prepared as much as we can be and are keeping our fingers crossed. This heat will be with us they extended it this morning through Wednesday of next week we are in the red flag heat index till then.

Hope all stays well for you and the family at your end and……good luck on your project!

JPEE
Old 09-09-2022, 12:13 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I am sorry to hear of the weather you are having - it has been very extreme this year. I saw hurricane Kay is near your area - perhaps it will bring some much needed rain and cooler temps.

Looks like they are attempting to do repairs to the rocket while it is still on the pad. Hope they are able to replace the gaskets that may have been leading to the leaks. Next up will be to get the certification on the self destruct systems batteries extended so they don't have to bring the rocket back to the VAB to get them replaced.

Looking forward to the weekend!

Mark
Old 09-11-2022, 07:18 AM
JPEE

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2022
Say a prayer for those lost on this day and for those Fireman, Police and other rescuer’s that are still dying today from working in that Cancer Bin of rubble and debris.

Hello Mark,

The weather has SUCKED doe weeks and weeks with extreme heat and humidity and couple with fires all around us. Friday Hurricane Kay was to drop 5” on us. I bought fertilizer and at dust seeing the rain coming for sure I covered the front and back of out 80% dead lawns from not being watered so when it rained it would wash it in the soil. We’ll it rained alright, enough make make everything wet but not enough to have water run down the street gutters, the rain was minimal and a flop. Right now this morning 8 AM my time it is 76° and 80% humidity. You can walk up the front door and the water is so thick in the air which I’m sure you understand from living in Florida that it’s like walking through Jell-O.

Yes they have really stalled your lift off and I’ve somewhat been keeping up that if they can’t make the repair on the landing pad then it’s going to have to go back on its dollies to the VAB where they can really get to it and that’ll be as late as the end of October to make proper repairs.

Here’s here’s my note I got yesterday from Vandenberg.
A Firefly Alpha rocket is scheduled for launch from Vandenberg SFB, Calif. tomorrow (September 11). The vehicle is slated to lift off from Space Launch Complex 2-West during a 3:00-7:00 p.m. PDTlaunch window. Following liftoff, the vehicle will probably head south was it carries multiple small satellites into orbit.

If the launch occurs during daylight, the event will probably not be very impressive and only visible over a limited area. However, if liftoff occurs during evening twilight or darkness, the event could be visible over a much wide area, weather permitting.

It is unknown if there will be countdown updates or video feeds of the launch. However, you might want to try the following sources:

https://spaceflightnow.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC31...Nw77yxBLxN852A

I have set an alarm for today for 2:45 PM to look at the websites to see if they’re going to launch or not? If it gets closer to 7:00 p.m.. we might be able to see something. I think it’s pretty chicken that they won’t send you an update is the time goes on from 3 PM to 7 PM and tell you hey get ready to watch.

Hope you started your backyard work or your drainage good luck with that and we will talk again soon my friend.

JPEE
Old 09-15-2022, 05:49 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Thank you for the reminder of 9/11. I took a moment that morning to remember - still chokes me up to think about it.

Mark
Old 09-15-2022, 06:05 PM
JPEE

Good evening Mark, I think just about every single American young and old set a prayer that day and had the realization of what we saw that dreadful day.

Hope everything’s going well for you may have started on your backyard. We have loaded some stuff in the trailer and at the end of next week we finish the loading and get ready to leave in October to for the land of the free. I’m taking everything I own that flies or drives. I’m gonna take my tank my crawler and all of my planes. I’m gonna fly him I’m gonna try not to crash him enough they do no big deal I’m gonna have some fun if it kills me lol.
it’s getting to be time for you to get out and start flying again too and taking Mr. G to get his thumb memory back in or out to the pond to do the boats! 🚤

Cheers…..JPEE

PS: The last three days have been in the 80s the high 80s which is a winter day compared to what we’ve been through. Right now Thursday night the windows are open it is 75.4° outside 53% humidity and it’s like a gift from God!
Old 09-15-2022, 06:29 PM
Aframomum

I have been following your Firefly Alpha launch that has been scrubbed twice, once due to a drop in second stage helium supply pressure and second attempt due to high winds.

Looks like they are going to try again on Sept 19 at 12 - 2am PST:

Firefly reschedules test launch for next week after two scrubs – Spaceflight Now

Should be a nice launch to watch as it'll be nice and dark, plus it'll be heading southwest so may be readily visible for you guys.

We are in the wet season of September and have storms each and every evening. Tonight was no exception. SpaceX had to scrub again due to the lightning and storms that moved through during their launch attempt.

Artemis is moving forward for more refueling tests - they are now aiming for Sept. 21 to test out the seal repairs for the hydrogen fittings. It was a good idea not to roll the rocket back and rather attempt to do the repairs on the pad. That way they can test with the cryogenic fuels to see if everything is holding. Ironic that during the engine firings conducted on the core stage at the Stennis Center in Mississippi back in Jan 2021 (1st time for 67.2 seconds) and March 2021 (second time for 8 minutes 19 seconds), both times they were able to fully fuel both oxygen and hydrogen tanks with no leaks or issues.

They really shorted themselves by not fully conducting the wet dress rehearsal back in April 2022 and now are getting bitten by that decision now that they are trying to proceed with liftoff and now discovering all these other issues - faulty engine cooling sensor, leaking hydrogen seals and other hydrogen leaks. I hope they are able to sort things out b/c the battery certification for the self-destruct system issued by the Safety Range will expire if not extended for the Sept 27 launch attempt.

I have not started on the drainage project yet - need to get all the materials and a decent amount of time to do it. For the time being I am using a long section of black drainage pipe (that 4" flexible stuff) and have it hooked up to the gutter output and run it to the end of the yard. That has been taking care of things for now.

Mark

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.