Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

BLADE CP Help PLEASE

Old 08-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Doc11
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLADE CP Help PLEASE

I have a Blade CP and cant get it to hover. I have the training gear on but this thing is so sensitive its a bear. Any sugestions on taming this thing even just a bit would be great. I have been flying for 35+ years but cant master this beast. I am in the boonies and no one is int heli's so I am on my own.
Please e-mail me ([email protected]) or post. Thanks Doc in Potter PA.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:18 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: BLADE CP Help PLEASE

I have heard the 9 tooth pinion brushed motor helps, flybar weights, flat bottom blades. With a programmable transmitter there are even more options to tame it.

Nick
Old 08-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Aberration

I think stock the rods to the servos are on the last holes, move them in 1 or 2 holes.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Kaptain Chaos

The blade cp is hard to get a handle on, but don't give up yet. First, make sure the heli isn't damaged.
Check the servo links to make sure they are set right (90degrees) and unbent.
Check the head assembly for worn parts that are causing sloppy play. The plastic pieces will ware down.
Check to make sure the main shaft isn't bent.
Try to get the trim set as good as possible.

Truth be told the blade cp is crazy little bird on crack and takes some patience to learn. I would recommend picking up a gy90/110 or futaba 240 gyro to make things alot easier. Having a heading hold gyro will make your learning curve easier and save you much frustration.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Doc11
My Feedback: (59)

Heli is in great shape no crashes seems smooth just to touchy.
How and how many weights do I add to the fly bar?? And has anyone gone to the other holes on the servo? Last if I get another gyro how do you install it and get rid of the built in gyro. Thanks and please keep the suggestions coming. Doc
Old 08-12-2008, 11:47 AM
evdreamer

For the Bell Hiller grips I would recommend two weights on each side of the flybar. Then put them next to the flybar paddles for the best results. I use other holes, so the pushrods are straight from the servo horn to the swashplate. When you do that you will need to adjust the pushrods, so the swashplate is still level. With the G90 and G110 there are four wires that come out of the gyro. At the end they split into three wires and one wire. The three wires go into the rudder channel on the receiver and the one wire goes into the 5th channel with the signal wire in the signal pin. Then there is a wire coming out of 3in1 that says rudder. Then just plug that into the pins on the gyro. You can't totally disable the gyro in the 3in1, but to get rid of most of its affects just turn the gain on the 3in1 all the way counter clockwise.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67404.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1009844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90684.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1009845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91569.jpg
Views:	9