Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade MCX Crash Kit Question

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade MCX Crash Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Allfat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade MCX Crash Kit Question

Hello everyone.

I recently acquired a Blade MCX as a birthday gift. I am using it with my DX6i that I fly planes with and another helicopter. I was wondering what are some parts that I should get that are frequently broken. I would like to have a small crash kit just in case the worst happens and I am not near a hobby shop. I already bought a set of upper blades and a flybar, but was wondering if there is any other parts that are broken easily that I should stock up on. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 PM
RR24

Default RE: Blade MCX Crash Kit Question

The only thing i have broke is a blade and the inner shaft where the flybar mounts,
Old 11-16-2008, 12:01 AM
choppersrule

Allfat,

You've probably already noticed, that the MCX is one tough little helicopter. I've got over 100 flights on mine and haven't broken anything. Original motors and all. Ya, might consider a few extra batteries. Upper blades and that's about it.

Dave
Old 11-16-2008, 07:34 AM
soloboss

Dave, I'm curious. On my CX I lose lower blades more than uppers by probably 4:1. And I know why that's my problem on the CX. I keep missing the table when I land and, well - there go the lower blades again! So, How come the MCX upper blades warrant spares and the lowers don't?

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask about your timer. You said once that you invested about $5 for a digital timer and you mount it on your Tx so you don't over extend your battery pack. I can't find anything digital for $5. I found a spring wound kitchen timer for $5 but that's sort of hard to mount I do sort of like the retro sound of the ticking though. I tried setting the timer on the picnic table outside when I had the Falcon out, but I missed the sound of the bell.

Have a good day.
Solo
Old 11-16-2008, 06:37 PM
choppersrule

Mark / Soloboss,,

I never really gave it a lot of thought of why my upper blades and not the lower blades are in desperation. Hmmm, with your post, I would have to belive that it is in how you crash, or what furniture you run into. Seriously, I'm having a ball with the MCX and all the mods and things that Jeff-Michael, made me do. But, all of them has made the MCX a much better flying machine.

Oh, on the digital timer, see picture below.. It was only a buck, at the Dollar Store. If I said 5 bucks, I had another brain phart.[8D] You'd be surprised at all the things at the dollar store, can be used for our hobby. Just some creative thinking, and I know you are very capable of that from your posts.
It's got a clippy thing on the back of it, that can attach to the antenna or whatever melts your butter. Like your shirt lapel or the zipper on your pants. It's very flexible. Notice how the color of the timer, blends in with the TX. Yikes, that picture is a couple years old. I just noticed the TX had the Blade CP Pro label on it.. I label everything. If you're missing the sound of the bell, a hearing aid may be in order.

Take care Mark and best to ya on the DSM2 quest,
Dave

ORIGINAL: soloboss

Dave, I'm curious. On my CX I lose lower blades more than uppers by probably 4:1. And I know why that's my problem on the CX. I keep missing the table when I land and, well - there go the lower blades again! So, How come the MCX upper blades warrant spares and the lowers don't?

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask about your timer. You said once that you invested about $5 for a digital timer and you mount it on your Tx so you don't over extend your battery pack. I can't find anything digital for $5. I found a spring wound kitchen timer for $5 but that's sort of hard to mount I do sort of like the retro sound of the ticking though. I tried setting the timer on the picnic table outside when I had the Falcon out, but I missed the sound of the bell.

Have a good day.
Solo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45567.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1073435  
Old 11-17-2008, 10:41 PM
ah64

MCX is a nice heli I fly mine with the Dx6i also $20 gets me 2 pairs of upper and 2 pairs of lower plus a flybar.. for $40 Get all that and 2 extra batteries. what other heli can you get all those parts for and spend only $40 bucks? I think it makes more sense to buy a $99 BNF if anything major happens like motors or shafts I have ogore fingers and the MCX is just to small for the agrivation in my sistuation.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Carljw

I have had mine a little over a mounth and no damage and never had the canopy off.
I also have bumped it into every thing in the house and nothing has broken.
I got a 1/8 stereo cable and buddy box my DX6i and my CX2 and let my 3 year old
grandaughter fly it (almost) .
Carl
Old 11-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Allfat
My Feedback: (1)

Well, thanks for the advice guys. I will go out and buy a set of lower blades and a couple of extra batteries. I can see where the extra batteries will come in handy because one is just not enough. Thank you.