Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

My list!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:26 PM
kruser495

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My list!!!!!!!

well i will be purchasing my second heli. the belt cp 2008 model. my first heli was a cx2. this is my list i will be ordering. i was wondering what parts i should add that will break easy so i dont have to keep ordering. give me your comments and anything i should add. thanks!

Belt CP 2008 model- $155.00

2 sets of blades- $18.00

Flight sim- $20.00

Training gear-$6.00

Aluminum rotor head- $69.00

Feather shaft- $6.00

3cell 1500mha 15c battery- $30.00

Tail blade- $1.50

Paddle- $3.00

anything i should add or take off? comments on the heli? should i also purchase from xheli.com?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
J-MICHAEL

Default RE: My list!!!!!!!

Cool..... Congrats on the new heli Kruser..... Other things that you may need from a crash also might be :

1.) Main-shaft

2.) Flybar

3.) Tail rotor shaft

4.) Main-gear

5.) Tail belt

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 01-04-2009, 09:43 PM
xyster101

The Belt CP is only $155? does that come with a radio too?

Agreed with what was already mentioned.

Rotors
main shaftS
flybars
feather shafts
blade grips
tail shafts
tail booms
skids
extra linkages (mine fly off when I crash)

When you crash a bit you will learn what to have on hand. Good luck!!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Evan T.

how are you gonna get a sim for 20 bucks and if i were you i would wait and keep flying the cx2 i bet you cant do figure 8s backward circles inside and hover nose in for 1 min
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
evdreamer

What aluminum head are you getting? The E-Sky one uses some soft metal for the ball joints and I snapped a few off of the head and some off of the swash. I went back to the plastic head and it flies pretty good and flips just as good as the aluminum one. There are also two sizes for the aluminum blade grips by E-Sky that have the same part number and one is for the honeybee blades and the other is for the Belt CP blades.

I haven't destroyed the paddles or the tail blades. The carbon boom is pretty tough and it hasn't bent with the few crashes that I have had. That 1500mAh 15C battery is a little under rated for the heli. I am assuming the 15C is continuous and that would mean it only can only supply 22.5A. That will heat up the battery pretty quick and shorten its life span. Try getting a 20C or a little higher capacity. I usually bend the flybar and spindle, on occasion the mainshaft, break the main blades, and strip the main gear in a crash. I haven't bent a tailshaft yet. You might also want some servo gears in case you strip those. I never flew with the E-Sky servos, so I don't know how well they handle a crash.

If you don't have a 1.5mm hex driver and two 5.5mm nut drivers you might want to get some since those are the common tools to use on the heli. The 2 nut drivers are for removing the spindle.

Nick
Old 01-04-2009, 10:39 PM
rotarydoc

Kruser,

Sounds like a pretty good list, and I'm a bit late, everyone's advice sounds good, and I think Nick's probably had the most experience with this heli, so I would take his advice and maybe consider swapping the aluminum head for more/better battieres.

It's so hard to give advice on crash parts, because every crash is different, but you can bet that blades, spindles, and flybars are a good thing to have on hand, they almost always go...no matter what.

I am also curious on the $20 sim? Which sim are you considering?[sm=confused.gif]

Overall, I think you are making a good decision...still would like to see ya save a bit more and see if you could swing the Blade 400...but a limit is a limit, I understand that...

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with!

Glenn
Old 01-04-2009, 11:42 PM
kruser495

thanks guys! the sim is one that you can buy with the heli on xheli.com. any good sites i should go with? i was looking at the xheli since they have good prices.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:05 AM
kruser495

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

how are you gonna get a sim for 20 bucks and if i were you i would wait and keep flying the cx2 i bet you cant do figure 8s backward circles inside and hover nose in for 1 min

i can nose in hover for more than a minute. i can do figure 8s just havent tried backwards. thanks for your helpful comment.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:51 AM
bad400

if you just learning i would do the metal head.they cost more to replace or fix.the plastic is cheaper.then when you can hover for the life of the battery ,then get the metal parts
Old 01-05-2009, 05:11 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

The sim kruser is talking about is actually the USB connecter that hooks up your Esky TX to your puter. The sim itself is FMS and is free to download and use. My question is.....what does doing backwards figure eights and nose in hovers have to do with purchasing a CP heli? Going from a coaxial heli to a collective pitch heli will not translate any more than learning orientation on a sim. They have thier place but don't pass on any of the actual flight skills that real hands on practice does. Orientation is about all that will translate, the rest is learned by forcing oneself to treat the CP heli as if its the first one you have ever flown. RADDS school of rotary flight will benifit kruser much more than a nose in hover with a coaxial will. They handle very differently and he will have his hands full just learning to hover again.
kruser......as far as purchasing from xheli be aware that there are a number of threads on the forums about thier business and the customer support. Think of it as a gamble......you have a pretty decent shot at getting what you ordered but you also have a chance of recieving a used or even broken product. There are so many tried and true vendors out there........ www.ushobbysupply.com is a top notch seller and Michael will treat you right everytime. A little more money but he is the most reliable vendor I have run across in these forums. Saving a few bucks sometimes means spending more to get things right. Do your research and make your decision wisely. And best of luck to you in your newest venture!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:00 AM
J-MICHAEL

Very well said Arrow... I also agree, and while I know a few guys that have never had a problem with XHeli I also know some who have had some nightmares with that vendor... In fact the last time I checked about 4 months ago they still had an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau so just be aware Kruser if ya do order from them..... Cross yer fingers and toes if you do take the chance.....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 01-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Belt cp eats main gears and auto gears when i crash esky doesn't sell main gear w/bearing so you might want bearing removal tool and bearings the Blade 400 main gear come with bearing and fits the Belt cp. I orderd a Copter X cnc head and tail(Trex clone) and should be here this week reason is the Belt cp head is not easy to work on it is confusing. Get a good battery charger my stock esky worked just fine to charge stock batteries it just took 4 1/2 - 5 hrs to charge. Main shaft and feathering shafts also. I also get ALL of my parts from USHOBBYSUPPLY.com
Old 01-05-2009, 05:37 PM
soloboss

Feathering shafts - get a bucket full.
ESK002 - XTREME - HBK2 TI Turnbuckle This makes adjusting the blade pitch soooo much easier. The part fits the Belt CP and the King II
I also found that the plastic parts on the Belt CP are very robust. All of the ball connections are steel balls with long screws mounting them to the plastic. Works really well and I have not heard a lot of good about the purple metal stuff. Soft alloy it seems.