Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CX2 Boom Kit Arrived....!!!!!

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2 Boom Kit Arrived....!!!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 03:34 PM
linedrafter7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 Boom Kit Arrived....!!!!!

Got my Xtreme boom kit in the mail today. Instructions were well laid out. Had to scratch my head on the installation of the big o-ring. Now I have another problem. As I power up, and get ready to try and hover. It shuts off.[:@] The 3 in 1 light flashes red to green. If I squeeze the receiver, the 3 in 1 rearms. I called Horizon, and the rep there told me he thought that I might have a "cold solder joint".[] He is sending me another 3 in 1 unit. Personally, I think my receiver is bad.[>:] If that is the case, it'll be at least another week or 2 til I get this thing in the air......[&o]
Old 03-07-2009, 07:19 AM
J-MICHAEL

Default RE: CX2 Boom Kit Arrived....!!!!!

Hey Linedrafter ~

I wonder why they chose to send ya a new 3 in 1 unit when you told them that you thought it was the RX because of you squeezing it and then having it re-arm ? It sounds like it would be the receiver like ya said. Have tried to see if there is something loose or not connected right at all inside of it ? I'am wondering since you squeeze it that the RX then re-arms and that's why you then have it so the 3 in 1 re-initializes....? I'am assuming you have one of the newer CX2's with the AR6100...

Some have had the capacitor come loose inside and would cause a similiar situation...

Here was one guys solution and you might want to check yours :

"If you use a 6100, you might want to secure the cap (hot glue or servo tape work) when you get it. They come with a capacitor that is suspended over the board but not glued down. I bought a 6100 and the cap legs broke off within one hour. It crashed my heli. You could hear it rattling around inside. Horizon replaced it, and it happened again within a couple weeks. I opened the case and resoldered the cap, then used a hot glue gun to secure it. It's worked perfectly since then."

Just a thought..... I hate to see ya have your bird down again....

~ Jeff

Old 03-07-2009, 12:01 PM
linedrafter7

This am, I dropped trash to the dump. When I got hm, I had my 3 in 1 sitting on my front door. [8D]Tore everything apart, cleaned off all the servo tape, and remounted the new unit. Charged the battery, and reinstalled the reciever. My CX2 acted abit more smoother, and was slightly bouncing on the floor, and the thing shut off again..[:@]...I have to give props to Horizon Hobbies, great customer service..[8D]..I have been in RC hobbies for quite awhile. I tried to call them, but they are closed...[>:]....Now I have to wait till Friday to order a new reciever.[>:]...At least another 2 weeks til I can get into the air......[:@][:@]
Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 PM
linedrafter7

Just got back from a round trip to the closest Hobbytown USA store.[8D] I got a replacement receiver. Nice place, even a small carpet track. After fighting traffic home,[>:] and cooking dinner, I installed the receiver. Had to rebind. Lucky for me, the new bind plug was included. Set the CX2 on the kitchen floor and powered it up. Needs abit of trim work, but I GOT IT TO HOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted about an inch off the floor, but I got it there.[8D].....Can't wait til tomorrow................This is a disease........Think I deserve afew adult beverages......LOL[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 03-07-2009, 08:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: linedrafter7

Just got back from a round trip to the closest Hobbytown USA store.[8D] I got a replacement receiver. Nice place, even a small carpet track. After fighting traffic home,[>:] and cooking dinner, I installed the receiver. Had to rebind. Lucky for me, the new bind plug was included. Set the CX2 on the kitchen floor and powered it up. Needs abit of trim work, but I GOT IT TO HOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted about an inch off the floor, but I got it there.[8D].....Can't wait til tomorrow................This is a disease........Think I deserve afew adult beverages......LOL[sm=wink_smile.gif]

You know your addicted when.... You can't wait for parts and do whatever it takes to get the parts....! LMAO... Awesome ! I'am glad your now in the air and just working through the final trimwork.... [8D]

Enjoy it !

~ Jeff
Old 03-07-2009, 09:17 PM
etc1006

Were you at the HT in Glen Burnie? I was there today, also. Watched a little of their practice and picked up a Castle Link for my Mini DT. How is that boom? Any pics? I'm looking to get one soon now the weather is breaking.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:52 PM
linedrafter7

We were there about 4pm. Hey, lets hook up and fly. Going to be doing more flying if the weather permits. I figure its learn how to fly my heli, or pull the wing off,and run the indoor track there. Right now, all i need is a little fine tuning on my trim. Then this thing will hover. Like i said before, this is a mission.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:13 PM
linedrafter7

I had it outside today for a while. Still have some fine tuning to do. Going to my LHS on tuesday for some instruction. Removed the centering springs from my radio today, found it a bit to get used to, but I like it. I really like this little bird.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:03 PM
JPEE

linedrafter,

I am excited you! you got the heli up in the air finally. Let me know if you open the old reciever and fine the cold solder joint J-Michael told you about. But clearly the fix was the receiver.

Have fun JPEE
Old 03-09-2009, 04:09 PM
linedrafter7

Have the reciever at my work. [8D]I work for a gov contractor. We have an electronic shop. One of the trons there is going to test and try to fix it. Instead of that cheap plastic covering. We plan on using potting compound to encase the reciever. I am building a plastic form for the receiver and the compound. Will use it as a back up. Had it out Sunday, til the wind came up. Decidied on replacing the front canopy[8D]. But haven't found one I like. Want to paint one of my own. Here's afew pics of my heli with the boom kit of it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38190.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1153967  
Old 03-09-2009, 05:22 PM
JPEE

Linedrafter7,

Looks great!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 AM
xyster101

www.boomtownhobbies.com has Xtreme canopies that are clear and you can paint them. They are cheap too at $8 a piece.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
linedrafter7

Do you guys recommend the extended center shaft??? Going back to my LHS Driday for more lessons.......The guy there says I'm alittle timid when powering up.....That is where I have problems.....He flew it all around the hobby shop....Kinda neat to see.....I had it hovering for about 2 min then the battery died......
Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Mack66

Hobby guy is right. You need to get a little agressive to get the thing in the air until you have a good sense of what it's gonna do.

You will then get aggressive. Then you'll get TOO aggresive and crash! Hahaha! Then you'll get too timid and the cycle continues.

Then you'll get confident and try flying over to the coffee table and crash. Then you'll go back to hovering.

At the moment I'm getting to confident having flown to the coffee table and back several times, then headed for the kitchen island and.......

...crashed.

I love this hobby!

Mack
Old 03-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Lazaro

Line, Where did you get that cool boom tail kit?????
Old 03-20-2009, 02:26 PM
linedrafter7

Ordered it from Xtreme CX2....Only took about 5 days to get to me, not counting the weekend...Now I have a CNC swashplate, and lower rotorhead supposedly coming in the mail....Nothing today. Icalled Xtereme..Left a message...Was told to go with Boomtown Hobbies....Was really hoping to get the parts today, and get back in the air....Getting fed up with no response, or yet, a generic see our policies page.....All I ask is when were or if my parts were shipped....Too much to ask???? I also have a
e-flite running/Nav light set for a CX3..Want to install them on ch.5.. When I plug them in they stay on all the time...Want to control them from the transmitter...Anyone got an idea how to make this happen?????
Old 03-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Lazaro

$$I decided to go with stage 2 kit from boomtown, since my last crash I need a new look

For light control you should be able to connect to Aux channel on receiver.