Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Newbie setting on dx6i for blade

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Newbie setting on dx6i for blade

Old 03-27-2009, 03:56 PM
carnate617
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie setting on dx6i for blade

Any recommendations for throttle and pitch settings? I looked at the B400 bible from slyster and there are few to choose from. I am going to start with basic hover on a stock bird before i change the servo's and send in the radio.

No kids next week so I have to fly it a few times before they get back. hehe
Old 03-27-2009, 04:34 PM
wsdepa

Default RE: Newbie setting on dx6i for blade

You can try these settings from horizon. They really calm the heli down - especially the dual rate 1 setting. I think that setting the Pitch in the Swash Mix to +75 is way overkill though, I would leave it at + 85.

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1907#nogo]http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1907#nogo [/link]
Old 03-27-2009, 04:45 PM
carnate617

thanks, I just came in from using those setting and seems okay. got her off the ground but she kept drifting left and if I try to turn nose left, she goes right. Which servo do i reverse on that? anyhow, i'll bump swash setting to 85 and see how she goes tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Wolfpackin

I'm a big proponent of high headspeed even for a beginner.
It makes the heli more stable and responsive.

I found it much easier to learn once I started using the Finless recommended Normal curves of:
T=0-50-80-90-100 a little lower is OK (0-50-70-80-90).
P=40-45-50-75-100 a little more negative pitch is good if you're comfortable with that.

Once you start to fly higher or in wind try to start flying in Idle-up as soon as possible with curves like this:
T=100-90-80-90-100 or higher.
P=0-25-50-75-100 IMO don't change this.

I also wouldn't lower the Dual Rates too much or at all.
Instead try around 20%-30% Expo.

...and if I try to turn nose left, she goes right. Which servo do i reverse on that?
If left rudder input turns the nose to the right then reverse the Rudder channel direction in the Reverse Menu.
Make sure the gyro is still compensating for drift in the correct direction.
This is important or your heli will spin out of control. The manual explains this well.

got her off the ground but she kept drifting left
The heli will slide to the left upon take off, a small amount is normal assuming your swashplate is level.
You'll learn to correct for that, getting up and out of the rotorwash will help as well.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:12 AM
carnate617

Wolfpackin,

Thanks for the intell. The part that makes me nervous is reversing the rudder and making sure the Gyro is correct. Arrggghhhh!!!

I'll try the curve settings and see how she goes. Also going to find a swash leveling tool. Eyeballing it, the blades and swash look level. But the tool will make life easier.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:33 AM
bad400

you dont have to be off the ground to see if the rudder is going the right way.
just spool up to where the heli is alittle lite on the skids, if the tail goes to the right while moveing the stick left then you have it right.

left input on the stick means you want the nose to go left not the tail
Old 03-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Wolfpackin

The part that makes me nervous is reversing the rudder and making sure the Gyro is correct.
Just yaw, turn, the heli with your hand to the left, CCW. Heli should be powered up with the motor unplugged or throttle hold on.
The gyro should correct in the direction of right rudder input which moves the slider towards the tail case (away from the blades).
If it does that, the gyro is correcting properly.

Do this in HH mode because the slider will stay in the direction it moved making it easier to see.

Again, this is one of the few things that is actually explained well in the manual.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
carnate617

Cool deal, I finally have a day off an reversed the rudder on the controller. All is well. Tried to get to a hover just now and S.O.B.!!! She keeps drifting left. Will trim settings help?? Or should I grow a pair and lift her off a few inches??
Old 04-02-2009, 02:52 PM
bad400

it will want to go that way, BUT once you have it say 2 or 3 feet off the ground and it still wants to go that way.
i would do a linkage adjustment, buy adjusting the linkage you should get a really nice lift off and hover