Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CX2 Titanium Inner Shaft and Carbon Fiber Outer shaft

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2 Titanium Inner Shaft and Carbon Fiber Outer shaft

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 12:35 AM
systemlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 Titanium Inner Shaft and Carbon Fiber Outer shaft

My e-Bay friend (friend of the family) has really gone and done it now, offering a 10mm extended titanium inner shaft and a matching carbon fiber outer shaft (w/gear) combo. I have had the pleasure of running this combo through the testing phase and I must say I am amazed with the durability and smoothness that my CX2 now has! Anyone wanting a stock length inner/outer shaft combo, no problem just ask and he will be glad to do that for you. For anyone interested in an ubber product that's just the best, here's the link. >> [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/E-Flite-Blade-CX2-Titanium-Inner-Shaft-and-Carbon-Fiber_W0QQitemZ170320263004QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadi o_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item170320263004&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50]Titanium Inner Shaft and Carbon Fiber Outer shaft (w/gear) combo[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56731.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1177608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46167.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1177609  
Old 04-12-2009, 12:36 AM
The Blueberry

Default RE: CX2 Titanium Inner Shaft and Carbon Fiber Outer shaft

I have those items on my list of upgrade stages. SYS. Thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 04:15 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: The Blueberry

I have those items on my list of upgrade stages. SYS. Thanks
You know how it go's, a new CX2/CX3 is just a down payment when compared to all the upgrades some people add. My brother bought a Harley Davidson stock for $13.800, he now has at least $7,000 in tricked out upgrades and hes not even finished yet! I can't keep up with the Jones.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:16 PM
boomer6

I Got the titanium shaft coming.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:59 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: boomer6

I Got the titanium shaft coming.
Titanium can bend alot further than steel can without actually staying bent, it springs back unlike steel.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:43 AM
lstroud001

I would most likely wait to hear from the community before buying. Like to know what everyone thinks that actually purchase one. Great idea, I must say...
Old 04-13-2009, 11:25 AM
cadman22

[quote][You know how it go's, a new CX2/CX3 is just a down payment when compared to all the upgrades some people add. My brother bought a Harley Davidson stock for $13.800, he now has at least $7,000 in tricked out upgrades and hes not even finished yet! I can't keep up with the Jones.
/quote]

Since I'm new to the "sport", I'm finding out that real RC-ing can be hard on the wallet at times. But after going through my fair share of stock parts on my CX2, I figured it would be worth the investment in some upgrades. I just got my carbon fiber goldslinger flybar in the mail yesterday (thanks Gary), now I'm waiting on sys's friend's shafts and my Xtreme grips and blades to come in. But having a materials background I know full well that the carbon fiber and titanium parts will take much more of a beating than the stock stuff. Can't wait for the rest to come in so I can put my bird back together. I definately want to upgrade to the Xtreme motors, a better Lipo, and a some other stuff too. But for right now my "mad money" is used up, so they'll have to wait for a bit.

lstroud001 I'm sure the carbon fiber and titanium parts will be able to take much more of a beating, so if your new to RC heli's it will probably be worth it. Otherwise you'll become good friends with the guys at the local hobbie shop. I've been through a set of stock shafts, and two stock flybars, and several sets of lower blades since I got my CX2 in October. Yeah I'm a crasher so far. But I've learned alot about my CX2 in the process, and also that I shouldn't try flying in the small rooms of our house until I get better at flying.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:26 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: lstroud001

I would most likely wait to hear from the community before buying. Like to know what everyone thinks that actually purchase one. Great idea, I must say...
Throughout my testing I have found that the titanium/carbon fiber shafts will withstand (see feedback on sellers e-Bay) moderate to pretty hard crashes! The only thing people need to know is the set screws should be tightened with a small allen wrench length wise until it stops, then tighen (using LOCTITE) a little less than a quarter turn. "Throughout my testing the set screws for the lower CNC head held up better than I even imagined"!