Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wish me luck!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 PM
kruser495

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wish me luck!

FINALLY, i am picking up the blade 400 tomorow for my b-day present. cant wait. 10 bucks says it will burst into flames when i touch it. havent been around lately as both my birds are trashed. god knows whats wrong with them. anyway, just a little heads up.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:08 PM
9sec240

Default RE: Wish me luck!

LOL... I will take you up on your bet. I am not too far from you (Carol Stream) and work in West Chicago (St Charles). I can set up a heli very well and can hover with the best of them!! If you need some help, let me know.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:09 PM
superjoe83

my experience going from a cx2 to a B400 wasn't too bad, i somehow didn't crash it on the first battery pack, lol, but the second and third didn't go so well, 2nd pack = broken main blades and bent feathering shaft, 3rd battery was a lot more interesting, i got scared at about 6-10 inches from the ground, cut the throttle, heli hit the ground, a main blade hit the tail boom resulting in a trashed airframe, bent tail boom, bent tail rotor shaft, bent main shaft, two stripped out cyclic servos, broken skids, stripped out main gear, broken rear fins.... etc.

But that was about a month ago, now ive gotten about 10 packs through it and haven't had to replace a single part, and im starting to practice side and nose in hover, you will get it, just don't rush things, the B400 is a very stable flyer, but can get away from you if you let it
Old 04-28-2009, 07:35 AM
rotarydoc

Josh,

Happy B-day!

I know you have been waiting forever for your B400, now is your day!!

Good luck with it, and as has been mentioned, take your time, and you'll get it.

There will be great times, and setbacks too...it's all part of the hobby, and we've all be there...

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have getting started!

Enjoy!!

Glenn
Old 04-29-2009, 06:48 PM
kruser495

nooooooooooooooooo, my mom flipped when she saw the price. thats dream went down the drain fast. looks like ill have to settle for a cp pro 2 when i return.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:18 PM
rotarydoc

Josh,

Oh well, maybe next B-Day on the B400!

The CPP2 is a nice little heli, I think you'll like it.

A bit trickier to learn with, but cheaper to fix, for the most part in a crash.

The parts aren't that much cheaper, but there are fewer of them, and they usually don't crash "as hard" as a larger heli would.

Good luck with it, and keep us posted!

Glenn
Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: kruser495

nooooooooooooooooo, my mom flipped when she saw the price. thats dream went down the drain fast. looks like ill have to settle for a cp pro 2 when i return.
Or buy my 2 month old B400 that is set up to fly right and has had the DX6i serviced already. Everything is PERFECT on this heli, never crashed and has very limited flights due to no flying during the time the TX was being repaired.

Only 100 bux more than the CPP2 and NO TAX. I am local so you can come see it and see it fly..
Old 05-05-2009, 04:43 PM
carnate617
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

ORIGINAL: kruser495

Or buy my 2 month old B400 that is set up to fly right and has had the DX6i serviced already. Everything is PERFECT on this heli, never crashed and has very limited flights due to no flying during the time the TX was being repaired.

Only 100 bux more than the CPP2 and NO TAX. I am local so you can come see it and see it fly..
9sec240,,,,

I am curious on where you fly. I'm in the next town and still a rookie. I have a few baseball fields by me so thats a place to start. Oh well, yard work is first, for now.

Chris