Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Oh No! New Blade!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:24 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh No! New Blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttOLBuA4sFk
Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 PM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Oh No! New Blade!

[X(][X(] I want that little guy!!! Dang and I just got a Blade 400 and picked up a Real Flight 4.5 sim today. Happens everytime(smacks forehead)[:@]
Old 06-24-2009, 07:14 PM
96F250

I just did this to my MCX today !!! Now I have have to wait on that precious little bird. Thanks E-Flite that's exactly what I was needing.

Looks to be a fixed pitch? What do you all think the name of the new blade will be? Please tell me it will have a little brushless motor in it?????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62364.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1224093  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:16 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah looks to be a fixed pitch, but that thing looks pretty damm cool

another heli to the list lol

they just keep on coming
Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Mack66

Wait a minit wait a minit! This is not fair. What a tease! I want it and I don't even know what it is (yet). I think my CX2 just got moved from my pedestal!

Mack
Old 06-24-2009, 09:21 PM
soloboss

Looks like he's flying a barn swallow! If it really works like it looks like it works I need a parts fund bucket! That's sure no mCX modification, unless they are running the film fast just to get us interested.
Fixed Pitch judging by the rotor blade shape. Looks like CX or mBX blade shape. Certainly there's a tail rotor there. The flybar is below the rotor and it has paddles on the flybar. That'll make it quick. And because the flybar paddle assembly is short it is very quick to react. From the canopy proportions I'm thinking mCX size. Eflight learned a ton when they developed the mCX. It just keeps getting better.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40605.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1224180  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:34 PM
J-MICHAEL

Solo ~

I know, that heli could easily turn into one of my favorites VERY quick ! [8D] Definately no MCX LMAO.... Man that thing really rips though huh ? Yeah.... Sign me up also.... [8D]
Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 PM
9sec240

I will not buy another heli.... I will not buy another heli... I will not buy another heli...

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 PM
J-MICHAEL

Ivan ~

LMAO ! You know your going to buy this one....! Knowing you, I bet you just ordered a couple. [8D] Doesn't it look cool though ? I seriously will have to have this. You've seen how small my yard is, and this heli is perfect and quite capable it looks like !

~ Jeff
Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 AM
soloboss

It makes perfect sense. Start with an mCX and move the bottom rotor up half way between the upper and lower rotor and put the flybar below the rotor driven by the same swash / servo unit that we've learned to know and love (kind of). Drive that rotor using one of the motors and put the other motor on the tail. Use the gyro from the CX3. How many times have we talked about doing that exact thing with a CX2?? And FINALLY we get one to play with. I still think that the MCX redefined the sub micro heli class and the eflight folks learned something that they didn't know when the CX/CX2/CX3 was made. Scale building usually results in a lesser product as it gets smaller, but not with the mCX. No doubt the video was shot with someone above entry level but it sure looks cool to me.
Solo
Old 06-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Mack66

Dang it. How am I gonna explain this on the old Mastercard? I know eFlite made me do it.

Or, look what followed me home, Dear can I keep it?

Mack
Old 06-25-2009, 07:36 PM
electricrcdude

Could you buy this to practice before you moved up to a 3D heli like the CP+? Already have an mCX and H-M Axe EZ, looking for practice before I move up (already have sim).
Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM
baurwin

indeed!!!! sign me up for one of these as well. dang i wasnt buyin n e more. at least thats wut i been tellin myself. this looks like a must have though.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 PM
jon6565

You guys know the stock spousal answer right?...

"How many of the helicopters things do you have?" is the question. The answer should always be:

"One less than I need honey"

Works every time - even with my Mountain Bikes.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 PM
96F250

The video really scares me with the release date (late August 2009). Thats just a hop, skip and jump, "POOOF" its Christmas time if they have a production delay or some sort. I really hope the are serious about this date and have all their ducks in a row on this one. Hmmm, I wonder what the name and price will be. I'm going with "E-Flite Blade mFP" ???? It better be no more than $ 150.00 for a BNF.

p.s. we want more information NOW.....not July. Were is a corporate whistle blower when you really, really need them?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:35 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Thank you Soloboss for your explanations and everyone descriptions. I can't wait and will wear out my S300 in the meantime, hope it comes in time.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Drumheller Dave

I,m glad I had second thoughts about the Novus......I will wait til this one comes out...looks like an even better toy than the mcx to fly around the house
Old 06-27-2009, 07:37 PM
soloboss

I dunno about it being a better toy. The faster it flies the more parts it breaks. But it's sure gonna be a good time until it all goes crunch!
Old 06-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Stumblebee

Hmmm. A new Blade promoted by an E-Flite video. I wouldn't rush to be the "first kid on the block" to buy one. Just remember this is a marketing video. I would not be surprised if this video is actually the result of several takes and professional editing. We don't even know if we are seeing the same heli through the entire video. We did not see it land or take off. If this is in fact, a 3D version of the MCX, what is it using for a battery? That tail rotor motor has to affect flight time. I plan on holding off until I see this one on the shelf of my LHS where I can see it test flown with my own eyesprior to purchase. After spending over twenty years in the computer field, I am hesitant to purchase the first release of anything.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Stumblebee

Hmmm. A new Blade promoted by an E-Flite video. I wouldn't rush to be the ''first kid on the block'' to buy one. Just remember this is a marketing video. I would not be surprised if this video is actually the result of several takes and professional editing. We don't even know if we are seeing the same heli through the entire video. We did not see it land or take off. If this is in fact, a 3D version of the MCX, what is it using for a battery? That tail rotor motor has to affect flight time. I plan on holding off until I see this one on the shelf of my LHS where I can see it test flown with my own eyes prior to purchase. After spending over twenty years in the computer field, I am hesitant to purchase the first release of anything.
I am with Stumblebee on this one, I would wait to see what kinda bugs and kinks this baby might have when she came out. As far as I know when the mCX(proud owner of one) came out they released it with the flybar paddles on it and alot of people had problems with it and then they released just the regular flybar to change out with and it flew alot better.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:58 AM
Lazaro

Okay! I will pretend for a minute that this is a dream cuz if its not I got a few $$$$ standing by.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
96F250

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH3080

Well, here is some more info on the new mSR. E-Flite got us again......darn you !!!![:@]

I want the BNF wtihout the 4 port charger (already bought one for other mcx and miro cessna 39.99). Already have the AC adapter (14.99).[:@][:@]

We do get two batteries (14.98), flybar (5.99) and a tail rotor (1.99)

Here is my $ 95.01

Looks like they will have all the new part ready........uuhh sometime when it's released.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Stumblebee

Hmm...interesting video. The size of Mark Padilla's "house" is truly outstanding, about the size of an NFL stadium. So E-flite calls this one a step up from the CX2/3 into single rotor. Until now, I had thought a step up was a Blade 400 or a TRex 450. It is definitely a cheap entry into single rotor. Perhaps it is more of a door mat in front of the step up rather than a full step.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 AM
jon6565

I want one.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:44 AM
J-MICHAEL

Get in line.................. (LMAO)..... I know ! I want one also ! [8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.