Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade CX2/3 - 3in1 Malfunction

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX2/3 - 3in1 Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 06:58 PM
ChuckAdams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CX2/3 - 3in1 Malfunction

Was interested in finding out if anyone else was having issues with the Blade CX2/3 burning out the 3in1 unit. Three times now I have seen one of these E-flite helicopters burn out a 3in1 unit while connected to a Spektrum DX7. In all cases the helicopter was properly bound to the transmitter and the transmitter was turned on and in the proper model prior to plugging the battery into the heli. When the battery is plugged into the heli the blades begin to turn immediatly prior to the lights on the receiver lighting.

In one case when the battery was not immediatly disconnected from the heil not only was the 3in1 unit burnt, the battery began to get extremely hot and smoke. Not only did I have to replace the 3in1 unit I aslo had to purchase a new battery. Was interested to see if anyone else was having this issue. In the last case I just got done flying the heli with another battery and had not even powered off the transmitter, just replaced the battery.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:28 AM
tomdiebomb

Default RE: Blade CX2/3 - 3in1 Malfunction

I just blew mine, but it was due to a crash. I have the DX6i and had no problems in that regard...Really not going to plop down a couple Lincolns to get a new one though. For now it is shelved.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:01 PM
ChuckAdams

Sorry about the crash. Know what you mean. Those things are expensive.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:20 PM
cogdillm

Hi I can fix these units pretty cheap. I install new main and tail mosfets that are 3 times the power of the stock unit. The stock units cannot dissipate very many watts in the event of a crash bound shaft etc. The parts I install allow the unit to take more abuse without failure. My link is www.radiocontrolrepair.com

Thanks MicroMike