Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX3 versus CX2

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:56 PM
consultant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX3 versus CX2

We've got a CX2. Didn't get much playtime with it as we did something to it to cause it to "toilet bowl" no matter how well I trim it out. The Hobby Shop is a ways away so I've just been plain lazy to take it in to have them help me with it.

I got a great deal on a new Bind-n-Fly CX3 for $120 after this cashback deal I had. It was an impulse buy because frankly I felt guilty my 10-yo son only got about 1 hour of flight time on the CX2 which was his Xmas gift 2 years ago. To me, time is money, and my spare time is valuable. I probably have about 20 hours into the CX2 ordering parts, installing upgrades, troubleshooting, etc. I frankly just ran out of patience. So I figured I wanted a "fresh" start and assumed the CX3 was an improevment over the CX2. I'm not naive though, and realize these things just don't operate flawlessly indefinitely and/or fix themselves. So I very well know we could be back in the same boat with the CX3 and have two malfunctioning copters instead of one.

But most of the parts are interchangeable I hear and my other son could use the second copter when we get it working again so they don't have to fight over them.

However, between the time I ordered the CX3 and it arrived I searched and found some threads in another forum. The messages were from last summer (09) and the messages were about 80% negative regarding the CX3 saying it was actually more temperamental than the CX2! Please say it isn't true!

I need some advice from people with experience with both or know others who had experience with both. If it is just going to be a pain in the rear right out of the box, I might as well send it back and focus my energies back to getting the CX2 working again. Or was it just early bugs that E-Flite has worked out since then?
Old 03-31-2010, 01:49 PM
marcolima

Default RE: CX3 versus CX2

Hi,
I just think that all initials and bad experiences today will bring you good flys tomorow. I recomend read more about toilet bowl efects. I have an old e-flight CX and today it flies as well. CX2 is a great heli. Don't quite now friend!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Raycamaro

I own both. The CX3 is easier to fly than the CX2. The CX2 is in the blue police body.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ig13432.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	468.2 KB
ID:	1408560  
Old 03-31-2010, 03:42 PM
consultant

That's what I thought. I can live with the maintenance headaches. $120 is a drop in the bucket for a brand new copter.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:43 PM
DreamHeliProducts

We fly all of the CX series and yes, the CX3 is much more temperamental than the CX2.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Scream And Fly

More tempermental? It's the same exact helicopter, except for the gyro!
Old 04-04-2010, 02:46 PM
moparherb
My Feedback: (7)

CX2 and CX3 exact same bird except for heading hold gyro on CX3...here is a web site to explain TBE and what it is and what it isn't and exactly how to fix it..........
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/toilet-bowl-effect.html
Old 04-05-2010, 05:12 AM
DreamHeliProducts

@Scream And Fly: Yes, we know it's essentially the same heli, however the gyro is not nearly as friendly as the CX2 & is 'twitchy' in comparison. There is a reason the CX2 wasn't phased out as planned, it's because there is still such a large demand for the CX2 & many people won't fly the CX3. Take for instance something as simple as installing an aftermarket brushless motor system like ours - you have to turn the gyro down on the CX3 so far as to make it somewhat numb to get rid of the tail twitch yet the CX2 takes it just fine & flies like a champ. Even the CX3 body is much more difficult to get on & off. We also felt we had to come out with our own line of CX3 landing gear to fix the fragile issues with the stock CX3 gear. We've worked on & flown many many CX2's & CX3's & in our opinion, get the CX2 & save some cash & get a better flying heli to boot!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:00 AM
ReadyToGo

Hi,
I’m a beginner.
I have two cx3 and an Esky Comanche.
Cx3 are wild animals. They fly wonderfully in the morning and in the afternoon they look like a tiger that you have to tame.
The tail twitch issue is an endless problem that I gave up trying to solve.
The tail will either twitch too much or twitch nothing, but will be completely loose, jumping from 6 to 12 o'clock whenever it wants.
Cx3 landing gear is a bad joke and it will break without any effort.
I’ve replaced my #1 Cx3 original landing gear for a SuperSkid. The # 2's, I replaced for an Esky HoneyBee landing gear. I fitted greatly.
If you are tired of those Eflite drift and twitch issues, I’d suggest you to buy a 2.4 ghz Esky (with the new receiver).
Esky coaxials are far more stable than Eflite's.
The difference is awesome and, guess, they cost way less.
Spare parts are also cheaper.
I know you want to know about cx2 and cx3, but I’d like you to know that there’s another possibility.
The really good thing about cx3 when compared to Esky is that it is more agile and have a better radio response.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:03 AM
ReadyToGo

ORIGINAL: Raycamaro

I own both. The CX3 is easier to fly than the CX2. The CX2 is in the blue police body.
Ray,
I can't see a scratch on your helis.
What's the white one name/brand, please?
It isn't a coaxial, right?
It seems like what I'm looking for.
Thanks.