Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

She flies!!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2010, 07:23 AM
tandem4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She flies!!!!!!!

After a long lay off ...... since September last year when we moved from Angola toSouth Africaand then beginning of the year to Nigeria the Blade 400 is flying again!!!!!! It is rainy season here and inbetween tropical rains storms I mananged to get her up into the air a few minutes ago. A few short nerevous hops and then!!!!!!...... I managed a low level very unsteady hover for thirty seconds. Then the rain came again!!!!!!!

While in South Africa it was hectic and I had the mSR to play with, I never toueched the Blade. Then we moved to Nigeria and with our first home leave in May I brought the Blade here. I totally stripped her, servicing bearings with my new Greaser, reassembled and then set up....... and she flies!!!!!!! I need to balance the tail, do tracking, balance the main blades ...... but she flies!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:47 AM
JPEE

Default RE: She flies!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: tandem4

After a long lay off ...... since September last year when we moved from Angola to South Africa and then beginning of the year to Nigeria the Blade 400 is flying again!!!!!! It is rainy season here and inbetween tropical rains storms I mananged to get her up into the air a few minutes ago. A few short nerevous hops and then!!!!!!...... I managed a low level very unsteady hover for thirty seconds. Then the rain came again!!!!!!!

While in South Africa it was hectic and I had the mSR to play with, I never toueched the Blade. Then we moved to Nigeria and with our first home leave in May I brought the Blade here. I totally stripped her, servicing bearings with my new Greaser, reassembled and then set up....... and she flies!!!!!!! I need to balance the tail, do tracking, balance the main blades ...... but she flies!!!!!!!!
tandem4,
Well it looks like you have been through lately with all of that moving and bad weather. But at least your set and now can fly a bit. I am glad you like the "Greaser" too. Once a year on each bearing or a new bearing install and I have "never" had one fail, it is worth its weight in gold.

Good Luck JPEE
Old 08-08-2010, 10:19 AM
tandem4

Its coming down in buckets again....... like a solid sheet of water...... our monthly rainfall for August here 450mm plus..... last year it was amost 600mm!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:58 AM
JPEE

OH CRAP! Tandem

450 mm = 17.71 inches
600 mm = 23.62 inches

Got rain?? JPEE

Old 08-08-2010, 12:41 PM
hottrk51

Can you imagine how much SNOW that would be?!!!! [X(]
Old 08-08-2010, 12:56 PM
tandem4

ORIGINAL: hottrk51

Can you imagine how much SNOW that would be?!!!! [X(]
Only two seasons here....... dry season and rainy season..... always warm. daily between 30deg C and 40 deg C. If 30 deg c the locals wear jerseys!!!!!!

When we went to South Africa in May (southern hemisphere winter) Johannesburg temp hovered around ZZERO in the mornings. We almost died!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:44 AM
tandem4

Still raining........ what worries most are the webs growing between my toes...... is that normal?????????