Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Help needed on servo and gyro choices

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Help needed on servo and gyro choices

Old 08-22-2010, 01:14 PM
tandem4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed on servo and gyro choices

I live and work in Nigeria and fly an E-Flite Blade 400. I am very novice but want to upgrade the servo's and gyro/tail servo When I upgrade the following conditions needs to apply. The upgrade must have all the components needed to plug in and play. There are no hobby shops in Nigeria and exchanges and returns will be virtually impossible so everything needs to be right. I am looking at the following upgrade:-

- JR G370 3D gyro and DS3500G tail servo COMBO PACK
- Servo case and 2 sets of replacement gears for above
- Three HITEC HS-65MG ULTRA MICRO HIGH TORQUE ANALOG SERVO's
- Three sets of replacement gears and two replacement servo cases
- Replacement ESC (at least 40Amps) and new BEC (please specify type and capacity)
- Spare receiver for the Blade 400. Do I use the stock receiver or do I upgrade?
- Any other items I may have missed.

I have also been advised on the Futaba 520 Gyro. Is this "better" than the JR G370 3D gyro and what servo would I use?

Thank you in advance for any help
Old 08-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Help needed on servo and gyro choices

Thats all very good stuff . There's always something better, (and more expensive ) but what you oicked is very good. If its hard to get parts Id get a tail boom or two, main shafts<feathering shafts , tail blades and main rotor blades too, Good luck, let us know how it goes. Doug
Old 08-22-2010, 03:00 PM
tandem4

Thanks Doug....... spares I have more than enough both for the Blade 400 as well as the mSR. I think I have enough to open a shop!!!!!!! I have to becuase the lead time is just too much. I have an inventory on the laptop and when we have our home visits I stock up again.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:01 PM
kavic5150

For a BEC, check out the dimension engineering Sport BEC, or even better, Castle Creations CC Bec, which is programmable via the castle link USB connector. If you go with the Dimension engineering BEC, do NOT use the 6v setting unless you are sure your servos can handle the voltage. Alot of servos will list a 6v transit time but will burn out quicker on the higher setting. Happy flying