RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/)
-   -   MCPX suggestions please (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/10443291-mcpx-suggestions-please.html)

Callouscade 04-04-2011 05:23 PM

MCPX suggestions please

i love the whole 3D stuff. mastered it on Phoenix over the winter cant wait to go do it at the field when weather gets warmer.the MCPX intrigues me... so i have a few questions.
1. the blade grips flying off issue... did the new modified head the horizon distributed fix the issue? no more blades coming off?
2. tail blow out.... i- does it happen inverted with the REVOmix or tail curve settings?
ii- does it kill power if it's pirouetting out of control?
3. living room about 10'x15' with 7' ceiling with some furniture... can i have her flipped in there?
4. most important. Worth the investment for some 3D-ish fun!?

thanks in advance

lje553 04-04-2011 06:36 PM

RE: MCPX suggestions please

Oh just get one. They are a blast. Sure it has a few little issues but most are easy fixed.

Rob2160 04-04-2011 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Callouscade

i love the whole 3D stuff. mastered it on Phoenix over the winter cant wait to go do it at the field when weather gets warmer.the MCPX intrigues me... so i have a few questions.
1. the blade grips flying off issue... did the new modified head the horizon distributed fix the issue? no more blades coming off?
2. tail blow out.... i- does it happen inverted with the REVOmix or tail curve settings?
ii- does it kill power if it's pirouetting out of control?
3. living room about 10'x15' with 7' ceiling with some furniture... can i have her flipped in there?
4. most important. Worth the investment for some 3D-ish fun!?

thanks in advance
My blades have had no problems for over 100 flights.

Tail blow out is minor.. it only happens if you set too much positive pitch.. you can improve it with revo mix - see my video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ3azXdAxzA

It never piros out of control

If you are good enough it will flip in that size room.. Personally I couldn't do that yet.. but the heli could.

Worth the investment... ???

Put it this way.. I have been practising inverted in my 450 helis for 4 months and have made very little progress..

This is what 3 weeks on the MCPX have done for me!...

HELLYEAHit was worth it! I bought TWO..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1c7KKVCYE[/youtube]

Callouscade 04-05-2011 03:05 PM

thank you very much... i'll be getting one soon!</p>

Rob2160 04-07-2011 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Callouscade

thank you very much... i'll be getting one soon!</p>
Awesome.. hope you enjoy it as much as I do...

Callouscade 04-07-2011 04:33 PM

I'm sure i will... i have two WAY TOO expensive hobbies!!! [:@] Flying... Music. I think i'm going to be putting that purchase off for a few months... getting a notation software now. that is first since i plan to have a career in music. but now i can't wait!

Drumheller Dave 04-07-2011 06:07 PM

How can music be more expensive.......

Callouscade 04-09-2011 12:47 PM

Notation software... 600$. Bach trumpet, 2200-ish. pianos.. got mine for free but WOW they're expensive. a decent gutar 300-500.

Drumheller Dave 04-09-2011 07:02 PM

Yo.........hear ya...Yamaha Trombone..........but at least I have had mine for 16 years

acdii 04-09-2011 07:19 PM

Apparently, the problem is the bearings blowing out that caused the blade issues. Local HS by me the guy said he would not stock the mCPx due to the problems they were having, He had too many complaints, the last one the guy who had the blades fly off brought it back, and the LHS guy looked at it and found the bearings were the problem.  Eventually I may get the x, but not until I can hover my SR.

Callouscade 04-10-2011 05:57 AM

acdii-good idea. learn on ur SR outside where u have more room for errors. once you can do a solid hover get the cpx. they said they fixed the problem with the new "B" head.

the trombone i play is a lender, it's a real old bach. plays nice.

Rob2160 04-10-2011 07:09 AM

ORIGINAL: acdii

Apparently, the problem is the bearings blowing out that caused the blade issues. Local HS by me the guy said he would not stock the mCPx due to the problems they were having, He had too many complaints, the last one the guy who had the blades fly off brought it back, and the LHS guy looked at it and found the bearings were the problem. Eventually I may get the x, but not until I can hover my SR.

Just some info for consideration..

Since reparing my first MCPX, I have had almost 200 flights.. all in Idle Up and I have had zero problems..

My 2nd MCPX has almost 60 flight on it again with zero problems..

Its actually a tough little bird and I am amazed how well it survives crashing..

Here is one.. It suffered NO damage at all.. I just had to pop the canopy back on..

I was trying to fly a loop around the moon and the tail blew out and I totally lost orientation due to the small size..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np28l412S48[/youtube]

Drumheller Dave 04-10-2011 06:10 PM

gettin Sentimental Over You....da ..da ...da........da............da..high A

Callouscade 04-12-2011 07:03 PM

haha. guys at my club talked me into saving for a foamie for indoors instead of the MCPX. MCPX i'll ask for x-mas! i can wait. haha. too much hobby, too little money.

Drumheller Dave 04-13-2011 06:27 PM

Hit the hobby shop yesterday...mcpx..took off the shelf.......head probs..........in 2 wks...the replacement parts will be in...hmm...anyone know whats up

jay273 04-13-2011 08:07 PM

i agree the mcp x has minor problems ..i have one and WOW what a blast! Also i found the price awesome ..i do find most people expect WAYYYY too much for little money ..under $200 its a great heli ..i heard someone say in lhs it was too expensive lol and i had to reply (this is def the wrong hobby for you the puzzle section is right over there...) u cant go wrong at all with this heli it does more than i would have expected and a great learning tool for most...you would have alotta fun as they are pretty tuff little guys and parts are cheap and as long as you keep in mind it is not a $800 heli...cheers