RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/)
-   -   Eflite Blade CX (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/3570051-eflite-blade-cx.html)

ShoGinn 01-07-2007 11:04 AM

RE: Eflite Blade CX

the mah rating on batteries is the "capacity" in a nutshell (batteries for idiots)

mAh (Milliamp Hour) - A measure of a battery's total capacity. The higher the number (ex. 600 mAh, 1,500 mAh) the more charge a battery can hold and usually, the longer a battery will last under a certain load.

now what I can see by saying "burning out" he means if its not a 2-cell battery then the ESC will not handle a 3-cell.

anyways thats what I got outta it

ShoGinn 01-07-2007 11:10 AM

compostman2222:

Just order 2 sets of uppers and 2 sets of lowers ($16 total out) and you will thank me later :)
because any nick (or serious breakage) can make for a non fun flying and unneeded wear on the bird.

Also pick up the motor heatsink.

anything else wont be as serious. check your LHS to see which one does carry parts in case you do need emergency parts.

just learn everything about the heli and how it works mechanically (look at all the moving parts)

I think the more you know about the heli on how it works you can better understand how to fly it.

thats my opinion.

jasonpsage 01-07-2007 11:15 AM

Yeah - I over complicate things - but GENERALLY speaking - the # of CELLS is irrellavant concenring the ESC. Because they discharge is in parallel. Collectively - from the POSITIVE and NEGATIVE leads that actually run the ESC thing (4-in-1 in my mind) is a battery of VOLTS=X, CURRENT=X. the circuit is the load or resistance.

In short I'm just adding that how the battery is constructed is not the issue for the ESC - except when trying to charge it correctly with LiPo BUT WHAT the battery can output at a given point in time - for its voltage and what the circuit is demanding is what can in effect be non-issue or ESC frying. How long a battery lasts at its stated voltage and current - DOES depend on the construction however as battery construction = given capacity (At least when they are new... my LiPos I seem to over fly or something)

compostman2222 01-07-2007 11:35 AM

ok sounds good thanks alot.
chuck

jasonpsage 01-07-2007 11:44 AM

ShoGinn - I TOTALLY Agree that the more you know how your bird works mechanically - the better you can fly it.

I'll also add that when you are flying it - the better you understand it - the quicker you can diagnose "things" the bird is doing - like that wobble is probably this or that - ... Dead cyclic - Swashplate or Servo...etc.

Flybar vibe - not to bad - keep flying ... ahhahhaha etc.

makatron 01-07-2007 06:23 PM

im talking about 2 cell 7.4v 1200 mah lipo battery
weights just few grams more and i think ill give it a shot
if works ill buy 2 more, if not i guess i will buy a new 4in1 hehehe

another question

how many parts besides skids and tail boom can be upgraded??
because im sick and tired of the plastic parts that break and i want to
go all the way to the aluminium parts if posible

links are welcome!!!

profuse 01-08-2007 11:22 PM

Ok, so I've added 5 new pictures to my profile gallery. I've done some paint/canopy modifications. I've also added a white LED in an LED holder to the nose of the heli, which looks kick ass. I noticed that after painting the lower blades with the black stripe, they had become uneven. I painted a pair totally white and put them on which seemed to fix it. the solid black stripe seen when the blades are fully spinning is too cool looking. The screen door mesh helps airflow in to the canopy.

I just got an LED and some 220 ohm resistors at Radio Shack. With the help of an online LED resistor calculator, I spliced the connection to the 4-in-1 to the LED negative and positive wires.

I also just recently got the E-flite battery power meter, which has no connectors on the wires allowing you to customize the connections. I just need to get a male and female connector and solder them on. After that, i'm going to make a little CX jig out of wood so that I can sit it in and kind of 'lock it down'. I'll use this set up to connect the battery to the battery meter meter and the batery meter to the heli and perform power draw tests. I was curious to see how much draw these motors, 4-in-1, my added LED and the servos are actually drawing at different throttle positions.

oh and haha...I got a new battery charger because my stock LiPo charger kicked the bucket. what a piece of junk. I got the E-flite celectra. Its good for 1-3 cell batteries and up to 1amp charge rate. Its perfect, except it only comes with banana plug and alligator clip connections to a power source. Luckily, you can cut the power wire on the charger and splice together the wires from the stock charger's 12 volt DC battery pack. This works perfect, and I can now plug the new charger in to the wall. This isnt a balancing charger which is ok because now i can charge AND use the blinky balancer, which I couldnt before. This gives me a balanced charge.

I'm still having a rediculous amount of fun with this thing and now with better battery charging/maintenance tools i fully expect to stay in the air forever! Plus, the white paint scheme makes it look mean :D

please let me know what you think!!

-shane

compostman2222 01-10-2007 05:23 PM

I'm still waiting for my blade cx so I can have some fun but do you all have any tricks or tips for a newbe heli flyer? I fly planes and am going to get a good heli when I think I'm ready what would you guys recommend for a beginner heli but not a mini heli, I would like to get a good size heli for beginners electric not nitro.
thanks all
chuck

jasonpsage 01-10-2007 05:32 PM

CompostMan - I think #1st and foremost - the CX/CX2 will be a blast. But it does have its limitations - Especially outdoors - need almost zero wind.

I personally am planning on a CP Pro next.

But for bigger and BADDER - I know TREX is popular and I have seen an electric upgrade kit that replaces the nitro - that interested me personally - though buying a whole nitro setup just to switch it over - might not be the most practical - but if you have a planes - you might not mind getting a new and different nitro engine.

I have seen other birds that have caught my eye - but I don't usually commit them to memory unless I order it... my way of window shopping I guess.

Well... Back to work.. Jason

compostman2222 01-10-2007 05:46 PM

cool I was looking at thr pro also but I wanded alittle bigger but I maybe better stick to the small helis for starters and work my way up. thanks for the tips

profuse 01-11-2007 12:29 PM

Hey compostman -

I personally am happy that I decided to go beginner heli before moving to something with a tail rotor. Those are difficult to fly, even if you've flown airplanes however with the CX/CX2, you'll be off and learning the fundamental basics of heli flight very quickly while being thrilled at the fun these offer. I still play with my CX all the time, though beginning of the summer I will look at getting a cp pro (i really want a trex 450se xl but that's still a pretty expensive/advanced heli). The CP Pro isnt nearly as cool looking nor does it have nearly the amount of upgrades that the Trex offers but its a lot more affordable for someone who may crash it a few times. I haven't seen too many scale bodies for the CP Pro, I've seen some awesome Hughes scale bodies for the Trex that look absolutely amazing. I think when I'm more experienced with heli's I'll go for a scale [link=http://www.fxaeromodels.com/images/D14.jpg]Hughes 500D[/link]!

Get the CX2, im upset that I got my CX about 2 months before news of the CX2 was released :(

happy rotoring my friend!

- shane

Spdfrk 01-11-2007 02:22 PM

Is there anyplace to get a Lipo battery pack for the CX2 less than $27? I thought I saw this mentioned on this thread but I cant find it...
Thanks!

compostman2222 01-11-2007 05:32 PM

cool I was looking at the pro also and that what I think will be the next heli after the cx, I can fly the heli's on the realfliet sim pretty good but I think it's not so easy with the real thing.. the bells are the easyest to fly on the sim.

Sailfish7 01-11-2007 06:41 PM

Please help. My blade cx drifts right with slider all the way left. Not like the body is spinning ,the whole thing drifts right. Added a nickel to left side for weight and has fixed problem but would like proper fix. What adjustment corects this? Has anyone had problems with balencing and weight?

Djm2U 01-11-2007 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Sailfish7

Please help. My blade cx drifts right with slider all the way left. Not like the body is spinning ,the whole thing drifts right. Added a nickel to left side for weight and has fixed problem but would like proper fix. What adjustment corects this? Has anyone had problems with balencing and weight?
You need to ajust the ball linkage on the left side of the swash plate. You will need to shorten it. Then re-center your slider and test again.

makatron 01-11-2007 07:48 PM

try helidirect.com

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2033

or with some minimal modifications in the battery holder you can fit this one

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2032

the difference between 1000mah and 1200mah is cents!!! worth to try and the weight difference its minimum, after few mins i could put the battery in the holder and ohh boy flights stronger than the stock eflite batt for sure

Spdfrk 01-11-2007 10:12 PM

Ok, cool,,,, Ill have to get me one of those! Thanks!!

compostman2222 01-12-2007 03:46 PM

Has anyone made there own landing gear out of anything other than plastic ? because the plasic ones just don't lastI want to make new ones but can't find solid rod, PLEASE HELP

makatron 01-12-2007 07:36 PM

compostman2222 :

all you need is order the set of skids from http://www.boomtownhobbies.com and they also sell carbon booms

the combo skids+boom is 23 bucks, you cant go wrong

email Jamie Powers directly to [email protected]

the skids are plastic but they are twice stronger than stock skids and im sure you wont break them in awhile

makatron

compostman2222 01-13-2007 12:38 PM

I can't find anything on that site you gave me to order skids, any other sites out there that I can get better skids for my heli or make my own please help............

makatron 01-17-2007 01:08 PM

just email him and thats it

i did it and the reply came right away

forget the website, write him few lines and you will see the results

his username on ebay has 100% positive feedback

compostman2222 01-17-2007 04:13 PM

ok cool

Spdfrk 01-17-2007 04:56 PM

Good luck, I emailed him twice today for an eta and both emails were returned. I ordered last Thursday and still nothing. Hopefuly Im just being paranoid.

makatron 01-18-2007 12:17 AM

trust me, if he can keep 100% feedback on ebay (over 600 points) is because he is doing serious business

kheops 02-17-2007 10:33 AM

I'm not sure anyone mentioned these cool parts, looks like it will help me avoid buying plastic parts every other month:)
EFLH1245
http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/EF...LH1245-250.jpg
EFLH1246
http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/EF...LH1246-250.jpg