RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/)
-   -   Bell-Hiller for Blade CP has arrived... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/3885742-bell-hiller-blade-cp-has-arrived.html)

ptgarcia 02-08-2006 03:47 PM

Bell-Hiller for Blade CP has arrived...

...at Horizons warehouses. I just got off the phone with customer service and the nice lady said they just got them in and will be shipping them out straight away. Their California warehouse is a stones throw from my office so I'm hoping to see it before the end of the week. Those who have pre-ordered keep an eye out...

hellomynameisdookie 02-08-2006 04:20 PM

RE: Bell-Hiller for Blade CP has arrived...

Holy crap it's about time. If I didn't already order one at the lhs I would have went the ESky head route.

bdavison 02-08-2006 04:29 PM

yeah....its about *&%& time. Sheeesh....they made us wait for 5 months.....

Only problem is they will all be gone in a day. What'cha gonna do when people start breaking them. Hopefully its not another 5 months before we can get replacements.

I dont think E-flite/Horizon really realized what they started with the BladeCP. They single handedly started a pandemic helicopter frenzy. I just wish they would put on the website just how many BladeCP's they sold. Kinda like McD's 5millon served thingys. Id bet there are 600 of them in Pensacola alone.

ptgarcia 02-08-2006 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: bdavison

yeah....its about *&%& time. Sheeesh....they made us wait for 5 months.....

Only problem is they will all be gone in a day. What'cha gonna do when people start breaking them. Hopefully its not another 5 months before we can get replacements.
Hopefully they had some forethought and ordered plenty.

ORIGINAL: bdavison

I dont think E-flite/Horizon really realized what they started with the BladeCP. They single handedly started a pandemic helicopter frenzy. I just wish they would put on the website just how many BladeCP's they sold. Kinda like McD's 5millon served thingys. Id bet there are 600 of them in Pensacola alone.
Yeah, I wanted one for something to fly at campgrounds while my wife, son and I are out in the travel trailer. Well, I'm just now hovering this thing with confidence and I already have an upgraded T-Rex XL waiting in the hangar! It's a sickness I tell 'ya...

futura 02-08-2006 05:23 PM

Esky cashed in on the delay.....Big time!

bdavison 02-08-2006 05:47 PM

LOL...futura...yeah....kinda funny considering Im betting Esky and E-flite get them from the same place.

futura 02-09-2006 08:03 AM

There has got to be politics in there somewhere....can't be good business. If it looks too stupid to be true.....it must be politics.

[:'(]

gottabfordtough 02-09-2006 08:42 PM

my lhs had three of them tonight. my buddy bought one, im gonna let him try it out before i swap everything over. lol.

olds455 02-09-2006 11:03 PM

About time, I just ordered the esky parts on tuesday, Oh well, maybe after I break it all get the eflight set

Dean in Milwaukee 02-10-2006 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: bdavison.

I do know that the hobby shop I work in sold from when they came out in what, May?, to the end of 2005 78 of them, and have sold quite a few since despite being sold out on a regular basis. ( 3-4 come in, boom they're gone again!).

That is a huge number of heli's. To put it in perspective, most other heli's we're lucky to sell 10 a year.

BTW, our shop just got in some bell hiller kits. Filled the backorders and still had a couple on the shelves.

Dean in Milwaukee

super_clutz 02-10-2006 11:08 AM

picked up the bell hiller upgrade by buying the two parts packages and using the original spindle shaft for about 10 bucks less than e-flite sells the whole set up. I got it all installed last night, but when i ran up the blades with the heli in hand and gave it forward collective the rotor disk rotated forward AND left and when i tried aft collective the disk went aft AND right. Have I got this thing installed wrong or what? Anyone with a pic of a proper install?

thanks,
Sam

bdavison 02-10-2006 12:47 PM

I got my hands on one of the little CX's last night for a good long flight. Ive flown one before just hovering around, but last night I put one in forward flight. That is one stable little bird. ROCK solid. I cant wait to get the bell/hiller head for my BladeCP...perhaps then I can get it inverted inside the gym. I also got to fly my MX400 in the gym last night. Finally got it all tweaked out. That is one fun helicopter to fly.

fire@forthall 02-10-2006 07:52 PM

a normal helicopter does the same thing!!! you have to apply input to the disk before the blade gets to the point where it should be! (did that make sense) If it were to move directly forward it would not fly right. hope that sounds right, I can draw it better than I can say it!!

sass217 02-10-2006 08:13 PM

i just installed the bell hiller head from eflite, and holy **#@ does it ever make this chopper fun to fly. No more waiting for cyclic, just bam and she goes!! I have the epo set at 25 % and wow totally new bird.. Get a hold of one of these babies, worth every penny!!

sass217 02-10-2006 08:19 PM

Sorry no pics but hopefully this will help. The non adjustable links that came with the kit attach to the swashplate and the ball link on the out side of the blade grip. The ptch control links that came with the heli, attatch to the inner ball link of the blade grip and the ball links located on the flybar paddle. I found if you screw the pitch control links all the way in, then 2-2.5 turns out, this will give you a good start as far as pitch for the blades

hellomynameisdookie 02-10-2006 11:02 PM

Got the E-Flite Bell-Hiller installed and test flown. Easy as replacing your blade grips. WOW what a difference...instant response, definately worth the money. I can see how it would roll much faster now.

The controls are very sensitive, if you are bad at overcorrecting with the stock setup you'll learn not to do that anymore, quickly, with this setup.

bdavison 02-10-2006 11:27 PM

I told you guys the bell/hiller head was awesome. It makes a HUGE difference in how the Blade flys. I cant wait to get mine.
Really turns it into a "real" helicopter.

HyperHat 02-11-2006 11:11 AM

I was surprised when I stopped by the local HobbyTown to pick up a tail motor yesterday and the owner told me he just got 3 bell hiller kits and could only sell one - so, I was in the right place at the right time!

epicureandevils 02-12-2006 03:22 PM

guys, where did you order the bell hiller kits from? can someone post a link to the parts required?
thanks.

hellomynameisdookie 02-12-2006 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: HyperHat

I was surprised when I stopped by the local HobbyTown to pick up a tail motor yesterday and the owner told me he just got 3 bell hiller kits and could only sell one - so, I was in the right place at the right time!
I got 1 of those 3 :D

hap2bee 02-12-2006 09:10 PM

Hi all, I got hold of a bell-hiller and wow it is great. I went to my LHS which is 180 mi away and was just going to pick up some replacement parts. They had one set of grips and the set of swivels and solid links. I grabbed it right up since it is only 14 bucks that way. Two minutes later another guy came in to look at the parts. Luck was on my side. I installed it today and went out for a quick test drive. I not even sure I have it set up right, and the heli is a complete new bird. I can only hover tail in, but with this setup I could swing the tail both ways and keep control. The heli is much quicker, but if you don't overcontrol this thing is great. Now time to start nose in hovering.

hellomynameisdookie 02-12-2006 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: hap2bee
Hi all, I got hold of a bell-hiller and wow it is great. I went to my LHS which is 180 mi away and was just going to pick up some replacement parts.
You know you can mail order, right?!?!

Wazmo 02-12-2006 10:53 PM

Why is the BH head so much better than stock?

hellomynameisdookie 02-12-2006 10:59 PM

Instant cyclic input. No more waiting for the blades to catch up with the flybar. Cyclic inputs go directly to the flybar AND the blades.

hap2bee 02-12-2006 11:38 PM

[quote][/ You know you can mail order, right?!?!
]
Yea, I do for most parts, but I like this shop, and they have helped me out a lot. I was going to Salt Lake anyway so I thought I would give them some of my cash instead of mail order. Sometimes expertise is important as quick close parts.