RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/)
-   -   Blade CX UP GRADES (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/5950751-blade-cx-up-grades.html)

3010charles 06-06-2007 12:37 AM

Blade CX UP GRADES

Hello everyone, I'm new to electric heli's,I own a Blade CX and i'm looking to do further upgrades.My question is,has anyone used any of the upgrades offered by www.bladecx2.com I've used some after market upgrades for folding blades that did not make the grade in my book. I don't mind spending the money if they'll perform like they say they will. Thanks!

tibroc 06-06-2007 12:59 AM

RE: Blade CX UP GRADES

ORIGINAL: 3010charles

Hello everyone, I'm new to electric heli's,I own a Blade CX and i'm looking to do further upgrades.My question is,has anyone used any of the upgrades offered by www.bladecx2.com I've used some after market upgrades for folding blades that did not make the grade in my book. I don't mind spending the money if they'll perform like they say they will. Thanks!

I dont know if you would call this a upgrade, but the batteries at cx2parts.com are a lot better that the stock battery.
They fit the cx2 perfect and it is a 850mAh 15c so you get more power and longer flights.
Happy flying.

mrasmm 06-06-2007 02:34 AM

I think this really needs to go in a sticky =)

not blaming you or anything, but this q comes up like once per week =P it's all good though. Just read back a few pages at the most and you'll find some threads with lots of info. I'm not really a cx2 guy so I can't really help you, but if you can't find it maybe one of these nice cx2 guys could pull it up for ya =)

also check out
http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in..._and_CX2_Setup
for more good cx2 setup info

and welcome =)

az.dsrt 06-06-2007 11:18 PM

I wouldn't bother changing out the blades and holders. Not much bang for the bucks. I have changed out some of the plastic parts for aluminum for various reasons. Within the first few flights (and crashes), I broke off the fly bar holder. Replaced the inner shaft with aluminum fly bar holder. Next I managed to break off one of the pins in the lower head that the lower blade connects to. Replaced it with the lower aluminum head. Next I found the upper plastic bearing cup (on top of the outer shaft) was out of round. Replaced it with the aluminum cup and bearing. I balanced the blades and now it hovers very solid. The bird is fun to fly and has a bit of bling. Total cost of around $50, worth it considering how much it flys better and survives crashes.

3010charles 06-08-2007 11:42 AM

Thanks to everyone who has replied,I've recieved alot of very helpful information!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
Thanks Again!

Compstall 06-11-2007 08:14 PM

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5298052/anchors_5298052/mpage_1/key_ultimate%252Ccx2%252Cmod%252Cguide/anchor/tm.htm#5298052]Ultimate CX2 Mod Guide[/link]

Here ya go. ;)

DrunkYoda 06-11-2007 09:14 PM

On the Wiki, please update the wiki and copy in future posts, just trying to save us all work by updating in one place.

http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/index.php/CXModGuide

just publishing it, thank the author.

DY

calvino 06-12-2007 05:15 PM

I have an aluminum upper rotor head on my CX (came that way from EBAY) and it flies fine. I have no experence flying a stock CX but I think that there is no real difference except for the fact that it is more dourable. I don't think that the upgrades do much in the way of improving how it flies. I would save my money and once you get good with the CX progres up to a CP or a CPP (the next step for me is a CPP, maybe). Just my opinion. Mini T

zurie 06-12-2007 06:53 PM

i purchased the extreme core from that website and it works great for me. I was told it is a bit pricy but so are all the other bling parts once you add them up. the grips are plastic and not aluminum. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing since i doubt you will ever break a blade grip... maybe a plastic ball joint, but not the actual grip.. the rotors are about a half inch more spread but flying indoors it seems fairly hard to get a blade to clack (in my small room) outside is a different story. the best thing so far is the ability to use the extreme blades for lama's, which I love. As far as upgrades and spending your money, i would agree that if you like the CX2 you will eventually want a trex or raptor, or cpp and then you are out the 200 + 100 + 10 + 50 + 20 + 5 + etc . I love flying indoors and no matter what I buy in the future I will always be able to cruise the CX2 around my office cubicles at work and not worry about hitting someone in the face with a propeller and killing them :D If a part of your flying involves crusing around your house, room, or office, etc then I'd put some $ into the CX2 and bling it out so you love it. if you are happy hovering and flying in circles and want to move outside and go 3D, then save the $ cause you could easily put it into a better bird.

KR-1981 06-15-2007 11:55 AM

There are a ton of upgrades for the CX2s, i have almost 600 in mine with the aluminum case and all the batterys (7 of them). the stuff the bladecx2.com carries are just resold shenzen parts, they are nothing great and way over priced. Found that lama v3 /vortex blade grips can be modified to fit cx2 but the lower rotorhead has to be ground down as well. There are upgrades (which I have) that allow for outside flight in light breezes and for some good speed and manuveauring. The CX2 can be made into a seriously fast (for coaxial) heli that can be alot of fun for about an extra $100 or so (after buying the heli of course).