RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/)
-   -   New Blade SR: collective pitch! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/9398138-new-blade-sr-collective-pitch.html)

Ribbit 01-08-2010 09:16 AM

New Blade SR: collective pitch!

Saw it on Horizon's web site but can't find any videos or other info:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...LH1500#quickMM

Looks like an intermediate step between coaxial and 3D copters. This one's collective pitch but apparently not capable of inverted flight.
It includes a brushless main motor and 3S LiPo battery.

Seems like for somebody who has been flying an MSR, it would make more sense just to go straight to a 3Dcopter rather than a larger single rotor.
This one might be for somebody who wants the "next step"from a CX2/CX3 instead but doesn't want a submicro MSR.

Anybody have more info? And there's no BNFversion??

hamburgrd 01-08-2010 11:21 AM

RE: New Blade SR: collective pitch!

WOW! I am just getting started in helis I think I will be ready for it by spring. I wonder if they will have it in BNF. I guess I should start saving money now.

Sasquatchin 01-08-2010 01:20 PM

Found it on E-Flights site:

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLH1500

Idid not see anything on their site about 3D capability.

MSRP $274.99

Price as of now $199

wattman 01-08-2010 02:13 PM

I have a SR on order , this will be the next step up for me from my MCXs , CX2s , MSRs , I am ready for the SR .
I received the CP Pro2 for Christmas , and I am not able / ready for it YET , this SR hopefully will be the next step up for me . :D

raptor fan 01-08-2010 03:23 PM

So this is a cp but not able to do inverted flight?seems like it could with brushless motor.If it comes out in bnf i might get one.

chazm.x 01-08-2010 04:35 PM

E-flite never ceases to amaze. This bird looks likean improved version of the CP series.It has symmetrical blades, abrushless motorandituses the hp6dsm, so itit has idle up function and dual rates. I cant wait to grab one of these bad boys and drive my boss crazy at lunch!

9sec240 01-08-2010 09:08 PM

I do not see any reason why it will not fly inverted or be capable of 3D. I think that besides the main physical differences between it and the CPP2, the thing that makes it easier to fly is in the TX programming. Looks like they added expo to calm it down a bit. I like the price, the BL motor, the frame, separate main gear / main shaft. I hate to buy another helicopter but I might just have to try this one out.

Anybody want an MCX, CX2, or MSR?

David Eichstedt 01-08-2010 09:33 PM

The SR is tuned for the pilot who's ready to transition from coaxials & fixed-pitch machines to collective systems, which means the linkages & settings are all very tame. On collective, we've set it up so there's a reduced amount of negative pitch so that when the CCPM newbie tries to bail by pulling the collective stick all the way back it doesn't slam the heli into the ground. For this reason the inverted capability of the heli is significantly reduced over that of other CP helis like the CP Pro 2.

To tell you the truth, we've never even pushed the SR to see how far we can make it go aerobatically, that's how focused we were on delivering a CCPM "trainer" if you will. It has most of the right bits to form the foundation for a pretty cool, more advanced heli in the future, but for now, we wanted to fill the chasm that exists between coaxials and CP machines.

res3567 01-08-2010 09:50 PM

I gota CP+.... and it is in all but pieces......will this heli be easier to fly..... ????

9sec240 01-08-2010 10:47 PM

Dave, is the programming done in the TX? If this is the case, then binding to a DX6i or DX7 will make allow the end user to dial in the flight characteristics to their liking!!

res3567 01-09-2010 10:52 AM

This looks to be an excellent upgrade to the BladeCP series of helis detuned for the beginning CP heli piliot....... If I had known they were going to release this bird I would not have bought my CP+ and instead boughta Spectrum DX6iTx first to have forALL of my aircraft and then bought theSR in addition to my E-flite fleet........It features sturdier landing gear, an installed brushless motor, a heading lock gyro,and a 2.4 gHZ 6 channel radio( although not the DX6i).... The mSR like canapy is a nice touch.....like this is what's next once you have mastered the mCX, CX2 and the the mSR......

Ribbit 01-12-2010 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: David Eichstedt

The SR is tuned for the pilot who's ready to transition from coaxials & fixed-pitch machines to collective systems, which means the linkages & settings are all very tame. On collective, we've set it up so there's a reduced amount of negative pitch so that when the CCPM newbie tries to bail by pulling the collective stick all the way back it doesn't slam the heli into the ground. For this reason the inverted capability of the heli is significantly reduced over that of other CP helis like the CP Pro 2.

To tell you the truth, we've never even pushed the SR to see how far we can make it go aerobatically, that's how focused we were on delivering a CCPM "trainer" if you will. It has most of the right bits to form the foundation for a pretty cool, more advanced heli in the future, but for now, we wanted to fill the chasm that exists between coaxials and CP machines.
Sounds good... is it possible to set it up more aggressively when the pilot becomes comfortable with its capabilities?

Also, PLEASE tell me there will be a bind-n-fly version!

srt10 01-14-2010 01:20 PM

To tell you the truth, we've never even pushed the SR to see how far we can make it go aerobatically, that's how focused we were on delivering a CCPM ''trainer'' if you will. It has most of the right bits to form the foundation for a pretty cool, more advanced heli in the future, but for now, we wanted to fill the chasm that exists between coaxials and CP machines.
David, can this bird do inverted flights?
also is there a BNF version on the way to?

thanks

wattman 01-14-2010 08:43 PM

Found this video of the SR today , impressive flying demo , for stabilty .
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/rr...2010-02-08.mp4

That much stick movement on a MSR would have put it into a wall . [X(]

I need a stable cp heli like the SR

res3567 01-14-2010 08:55 PM

My CP crashed with minimal movements of the sick....or I should say It would not hold steady with minimal movements and when I started compensating the movements got more moderate and I would end up landing HARD!!!! A LOT!!!! Dang!!!!!!.....I wasn't going to buy anymore toys until I got what I have fixed.....but this makes it tough!!!!!

JB-Heli 01-14-2010 09:04 PM

Looks like a nice helicopter and that Eflight got it right on another one!

:)

rotorbroke 01-15-2010 08:13 PM

thanks for the link to the vid. looks great. mine is on order. i even took the wife to lowes today to pick out some new sunroom shelving (she thinks it's for her hummels and llardos, hehehe). shelf space will be completed this weekend. didn't need another radio, but if it tames it down and increases longetivity, the price is right. and then i can bind it to my dx6i after it gets mostly mastered in tame mode!

David Eichstedt 01-16-2010 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: srt10

To tell you the truth, we've never even pushed the SR to see how far we can make it go aerobatically, that's how focused we were on delivering a CCPM ''trainer'' if you will. It has most of the right bits to form the foundation for a pretty cool, more advanced heli in the future, but for now, we wanted to fill the chasm that exists between coaxials and CP machines.

thanks

Yes, it will hover inverted, but you won't do 3D maneuvers using the stock transmitter. Basic maneuvers like loops & rolls are possible.

No, a BNF version is not on the way at this time.

srt10 01-17-2010 03:20 AM

Thanks for the info

flyinbgl 01-17-2010 10:06 AM

I've been flying the CX2 for about a year. I'm ready to move up and I'm debating between the CP Pro 2 and the SR. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

srt10 01-17-2010 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: flyinbgl

I've been flying the CX2 for about a year. I'm ready to move up and I'm debating between the CP Pro 2 and the SR. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
IMO get the SR !:D
more forgiving

flyinbgl 01-17-2010 02:32 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Ribbit 01-17-2010 07:28 PM

According to the video if you bind it to a DX6i and set the curves right, it'll do 3D acrobatics "way better than a CP Pro 2."

Interesting.  Oh yeah and I want one.

Jester966 01-17-2010 08:03 PM

I already have a Blade 400, though I have not learned to fly it yet. It sat, broken, in the box for most of last year while I focused on other projects.
I just started putting it back together, and also set up a new model on the DX6i with the "tamed down" settings. So, what do you guys think - considering that I already own the B400, would it make any sense for me to set it aside for now and get the SR to learn on, or should I just stick with what I already have?

Just looking at the pictures on E-Flite's website, I can't help but notice that the overall design (the head in particular) of the SR looks very similar to the CP+. I've read that the CP+ is terrible for learning on, and that generally tail motors are a very bad idea (also why I'm wondering if the belt-driven B400 would be a better learning platform). So I'm curious - what is it exactly that makes this helicopter so much better than the CP+? Is it just the beginner-tuned radio, or is the heli itself somehow more stable?

46u 01-18-2010 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: srt10

thanks

Yes, it will hover inverted, but you won't do 3D maneuvers using the stock transmitter. Basic maneuvers like loops & rolls are possible.

No, a BNF version is not on the way at this time.

Will it bind to a DX6i?