Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

E-flite PT-19 450 ARF flaws need help

Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-flite PT-19 450 ARF flaws need help

Old 03-13-2013, 07:57 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-flite PT-19 450 ARF flaws need help

E-flite PT-19 450 ARF I have this plane and I found that the covering is kind of loose ,even after reheating it to tighten it ,it became loose again , and I had to add some nose weight to get the cg right , and for some reason ,this plane wont wright itself for all the dihedral it has , they discontinued it ,do you think it had some design flaws in it ?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:31 PM
netdudeuk

Default RE: E-flite PT-19 450 ARF flaws need help

I had one and it was easy enough to fly but I'm not sure that, as a low winger, you can even start to think that it will self-right.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:43 PM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: netdudeuk

I had one and it was easy enough to fly but I'm not sure that, as a low winger, you can even start to think that it will self-right.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

thanks for th information, I have other planes that are low wing electric and they seem to fly much nicer , they are more stable and like you said maybe they wont right themselves like a high wing yet this PT 19 is just a different bird , it yaws, it tip stalls and I have to input a little right rudder to make it fly normal even with the engine prop side thrust that's built into the motor mount. I have seen some side shots images of the great plane version and my e flight , and the wing on a great plane version has much more dihedral, I was also wondering if I run a larger Dia prop now I have a 9x7 ,maybe a 11.5 x 6 would be better ,what do you think.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:28 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are called "warbirds" and that's how they fly ! They aren't pattern or aerobatic airframes. You have to apply rudder to take-off and sometimes in the turns. They do stall and drop a wing if you try and fly them too slow. They also don't handle well if you try and overpower them and fly too fast.
These are nice versions of the PT-19 and I believe the reason they didn't sell is that they were too expensive. Quite a few bought them on closeout a few years ago and they are built well and fly well.
You just need to learn how to fly warbirds and this is the best platform to train on. Easy, scale-like flights are best and learn how the plane reacts. Don't horse it up in the air or fly it like a 3D plane. It was designed as a trainer for WWII fighter pilots but it is not a high wing trainer and it will not right itself and it will go where it is pointed.
You didn't say what motor you are running in it but if it's a 450-480 size the prop should be a 10x8 or 12x6. The 9x6 is too small.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:10 PM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

They are called ''warbirds'' and that's how they fly ! They aren't pattern or aerobatic airframes. You have to apply rudder to take-off and sometimes in the turns. They do stall and drop a wing if you try and fly them too slow. They also don't handle well if you try and overpower them and fly too fast.
These are nice versions of the PT-19 and I believe the reason they didn't sell is that they were too expensive. Quite a few bought them on closeout a few years ago and they are built well and fly well.
You just need to learn how to fly warbirds and this is the best platform to train on. Easy, scale-like flights are best and learn how the plane reacts. Don't horse it up in the air or fly it like a 3D plane. It was designed as a trainer for WWII fighter pilots but it is not a high wing trainer and it will not right itself and it will go where it is pointed.
You didn't say what motor you are running in it but if it's a 450-480 size the prop should be a 10x8 or 12x6. The 9x6 is too small.
################################################## ################################################## #######

its a 450 motor with a 3S 2200 lipo battery , I think yo are right about the prop size it should be larger
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61349.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1863262  
Old 03-18-2013, 01:43 AM
netdudeuk

If it's the Park 480 then I also think that a 10x8 is the way to go.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: netdudeuk

If it's the Park 480 then I also think that a 10x8 is the way to go.
thank you ill try a 10 x 8 also I looked at the ailerons on a great planes model and compared them on my e Flight both planes have a 41" long here some photos of the ailerons. the great planes model has full ailerons .

Name:	Hf99634.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1863363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27788.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1863364  
Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 AM
flyinwalenda

The E-flite wing is more true to scale than the GP wing. The full size plane had split-flaps and that is why the ailerons end( or start) where they do.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 PM
suzonka

The E-flite wing is more true to scale than the GP wing. The full size plane had split-flaps and that is why the ailerons end( or start) where they do.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

thank you , so the shorter ailerons should effect the turning into a yaw?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 PM
flyinwalenda

No.
If the ailerons are set with no differential that can increase yaw. Try adjusting/setting the ailerons for differential .
If the tail drops in a turn then you need to add a little rudder....it's called a coordinated turn.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 PM
suzonka

No.
If the ailerons are set with no differential that can increase yaw. Try adjusting/setting the ailerons for differential .
If the tail drops in a turn then you need to add a little rudder....it's called a coordinated turn.
################################################## ################################################## ##########################

THE REFLEX , DOES THIS MEAN MOVE BOTH AILERONS UPWARD? ^^^^ OR DIFFERENTIAL where yo make the upward movement greater than the downward movement on the opposite aileron?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 AM
flyinwalenda

The upward movement of one is greater than the downward movement of the opposite one. This can be achieved with a computer radio provided the servos are wired separately with no "Y" connector. Or mechanically by moving the servo arms 1 or 2 clicks forward toward the leading edge (with the servos at center) and then you will have to readjust the clevis for the control surfaces so they are flush.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 AM
suzonka

The upward movement of one is greater than the downward movement of the opposite one. This can be achieved with a computer radio provided the servos are wired separately with no ''Y'' connector. Or mechanically by moving the servo arms 1 or 2 clicks forward toward the leading edge (with the servos at center) and then you will have to readjust the clevis for the control surfaces so they are flush.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the information , what about adding a little upward reflex also or just for get that and ad the differential ?

Name:	Rp43506.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1864201